Wii U Forum

Topic: Project Sora, Namco Bandai developing next Smash Bros

Showing 121 to 140 of 175

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

121. Posted:

Melee has way better physics and mechanics, which is all it needs to make Brawl look like crap in comparison.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

122. Posted:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Have you played Melee lately? That game can become a button master simply because the gameplay is too fast. As great as the game was, it was broken. And only noobs use items. No one who plays competitively uses items. Thats not a good excuse.

Yes, I've played Melee lately. It's a great game. I'm aware that it can become a button masher, but the same is true for most fighting games. But the person who actually knows what they're doing and has the skill can easily overcome a button masher. Thus creating balance between the casual and core players. Brawl is balanced more towards the casual.
lol. "noobs"? You realize that's just a word that nerds made up for people who play a way that they don't like, right? I don't play "competitively." I play for fun. The same reason I play any game. The items make the game more fun because of all the crazy stuff that happens. The matches seem so much more boring without the items, and in Brawl there's actually still a lot of chance without the items, between tripping and stage hazards. If there's an option to turn items off, there should be an option to turn stage hazards off, too. Or even different levels of intensity, depending on how chaotic the players want the match to be.

IAmNotWill wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

As for Brawl being better than Melee...Well, i still feel that Melee's core gameplay has the slight upper hand in a couple departments mainly because of the multidirectional air dodging 'and' because you can stay up in the air a lot longer than sinking to the ground. Plus, Melee just feels a bit quicker where as Brawl is a little more floatier. I know that wave dashing has been abused but if they can somehow work around this and deliver the same air dodging that was seen in Melee I'd be in heaven.I still remember the day when i got brawl....And discovered that my precious air dodging was basically gimped & destroyed! You sink to the ground like a tank after performing it....And you can't air dodge/hover over peoples heads while on the ground like a ninja, nor can you control it in the air. I was so pee'd off that i didn't even wan't to play it. My friends didn't seem to care, but i had the grumpiest look on my face the entire time haha....

Seriously? You're like the only person I've seen that likes the air-dodging in Melee. The directional aspect of it was cool, but you could only perform it once and after that you would sink and couldn't do anything at all except float left-to-right as you fell until you hit the ground. In Brawl, you could dodge multiple times, and still use attacks in the air so you wouldn't be vulnerable as you fell.

I love air-dodging in Melee. You should hear the things my friends say when they see me do it. The falling afterwards balanced out the fact that you could just become invincible to anything for a short period of time.

Mickeymac wrote:

Melee has way better physics and mechanics, which is all it needs to make Brawl look like crap in comparison.

That's all I needed to say.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

123. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

IAmNotWill wrote:

Have you played Melee lately? That game can become a button master simply because the gameplay is too fast. As great as the game was, it was broken. And only noobs use items. No one who plays competitively uses items. Thats not a good excuse.

Yes, I've played Melee lately. It's a great game. I'm aware that it can become a button masher, but the same is true for most fighting games. But the person who actually knows what they're doing and has the skill can easily overcome a button masher. Thus creating balance between the casual and core players. Brawl is balanced more towards the casual.

Because the gameplay is slowed down doesn't make the game "balanced more towards the casual" (that doesn't even make any sense. If it's "balanced" how does it go towards the casual? lol) And this doesn't explain anything on why Melee is a better core experience. What you just said applies to both games.

lol. "noobs"? You realize that's just a word that nerds made up for people who play a way that they don't like, right?

Lol we're all nerds here, dude. :P Welcome to the internet.

I don't play "competitively." I play for fun. The same reason I play any game. The items make the game more fun because of all the crazy stuff that happens. The matches seem so much more boring without the items, and in Brawl there's actually still a lot of chance without the items, between tripping and stage hazards. If there's an option to turn items off, there should be an option to turn stage hazards off, too. Or even different levels of intensity, depending on how chaotic the players want the match to be.

Wait what? You complain about luck and yet you like playing with items? Items are the only "casual" aspect of Brawl. Only with items on does the game become a casual luck-fest (Melee is the same way). If you don't like luck in your Smash games, turn the items off. And you playing for fun has nothing to do with why Melee is better suited to core gamers.

As for stage hazards, they are apart of every Smash Bros. game. You play the game long enough and you'll eventually learn how to avoid them in each stage. And tripping is an exaggerated issue in Brawl. Yeah its annoying, but when does it cause you to lose?

IAmNotWill wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

As for Brawl being better than Melee...Well, i still feel that Melee's core gameplay has the slight upper hand in a couple departments mainly because of the multidirectional air dodging 'and' because you can stay up in the air a lot longer than sinking to the ground. Plus, Melee just feels a bit quicker where as Brawl is a little more floatier. I know that wave dashing has been abused but if they can somehow work around this and deliver the same air dodging that was seen in Melee I'd be in heaven.I still remember the day when i got brawl....And discovered that my precious air dodging was basically gimped & destroyed! You sink to the ground like a tank after performing it....And you can't air dodge/hover over peoples heads while on the ground like a ninja, nor can you control it in the air. I was so pee'd off that i didn't even wan't to play it. My friends didn't seem to care, but i had the grumpiest look on my face the entire time haha....

Seriously? You're like the only person I've seen that likes the air-dodging in Melee. The directional aspect of it was cool, but you could only perform it once and after that you would sink and couldn't do anything at all except float left-to-right as you fell until you hit the ground. In Brawl, you could dodge multiple times, and still use attacks in the air so you wouldn't be vulnerable as you fell.

I love air-dodging in Melee. You should hear the things my friends say when they see me do it. The falling afterwards balanced out the fact that you could just become invincible to anything for a short period of time.

You don't become invincible after you air dodge in Melee, or in any Smash Bros. game.

Mickeymac wrote:

Melee has way better physics and mechanics, which is all it needs to make Brawl look like crap in comparison.

That's all I needed to say.

The mechanics are the same in every Smash Bros. game....

If think Melee is a better game thats fine. But you have to give legitimite reasons on why you think its a better core experience.

Edited on by IAmNotWill

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

124. Posted:

Don't worry about it, man. Agree to disagree. And yes, I know we're all nerds here. :)

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

125. Posted:

DudeSean wrote:

Don't worry about it, man. Agree to disagree. And yes, I know we're all nerds here. :)

Thats cool. I just wanted to know why you feel Melee is better suited to core gamers.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

DudeSean

126. Posted:

The speed, the physics (e.g. gravity) and the hidden techniques.
Tripping wasn't extremely annoying or anything, but it just goes to show how it helps to level the playing field between casuals and core. The casual gamer will often do something like push a button not knowing what it does and stuck doing that making the player vulnerable for a short period of time (e.g. Jigglypuff's sleep, Snake's nikita, etc.). This way, even a skilled player will "slip up," even if for no fault of his own. Melee had no such thing as auto slip ups.
It's all the little things added up. Not any one big thing.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

127. Posted:

While I liked Melee for it's competitiveness, I preferred Brawl more because of it's CHAOS! Just was more fun to me.

...
WAIT A MINUTE! GET BACK ON TOPIC YOU HOOLIGANS!

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

128. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

While I liked Melee for it's competitiveness, I preferred Brawl more because of it's CHAOS! Just was more fun to me.

...
WAIT A MINUTE! GET BACK ON TOPIC YOU HOOLIGANS!

Yeah, this sums it up. And he's also right about the fact that this discussion has gotten rather of topic. I thought this was about Namco helping in the development of the next Smash Bros, not an augment over Melee and Brawl!

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

129. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

While I liked Melee for it's competitiveness, I preferred Brawl more because of it's CHAOS! Just was more fun to me.

...
WAIT A MINUTE! GET BACK ON TOPIC YOU HOOLIGANS!

This, yeah the slipping and floatiness is irritating...but I love Brawl more than Melee simply because of the chaos. Chaotic stages, more chaotic items like Smash Ball and Assist Trophy.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

130. Posted:

I'll help get back on topic! Since Namco Bandai is helping development I demand at least one Digimon be put in! Agumon, Guilmon, Wargreymon, Gargomon, or Gallantmon (that one's not gonna happen, TysonQ >:3). Anyone would do. Just so we can pit a Pokemon against a Digimon. It'd be my favorite Smash Bros.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

IAmNotWill

131. Posted:

I doubt we"ll see many Namco characters. If there's any at all it'll be Pac-Man only.

Why can't Metroid crawl?
My Backloggery | Helpful Tips for Formatting Messages | NintendoLife Chat
Formerly WhoKnew, Its-Mii-Will
PSN ID: willfuture

3DS Friend Code: 0001-3392-4205 | Nintendo Network ID: willfuture

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

132. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gallantmon (that one's not gonna happen, TysonQ >:3).

Well, then Digimon are pointless. ;)

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

133. Posted:

Sooo, wait is Bandai partnered with Namco or something? Just wondering, lol. And yeah, chances are it'll be just Pac-Man...I'm hoping Square will be involved somehow too.

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KingMike

134. Posted:

You didn't know? Bandai and Namco merged into one company several years ago.

KingMike

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Emaan

135. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

While I liked Melee for it's competitiveness, I preferred Brawl more because of it's CHAOS! Just was more fun to me.

...
WAIT A MINUTE! GET BACK ON TOPIC YOU HOOLIGANS!

You successfully read my mind and got everyone back on topic.

All in day's work I guess :p

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xiao_Pai

136. Posted:

KingMike wrote:

You didn't know? Bandai and Namco merged into one company several years ago.

Well in video games I see Namco Bandai, lol...elsewhere I see just Bandai, and sometimes just Namco, and confused me. xD

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

137. Posted:

TysonQ7 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gallantmon (that one's not gonna happen, TysonQ >:3).

[/div]

Well, then Digimon are pointless. ;)

How dare you say that about Gargomon and Wargreymon!? You clearly aren't aware of who are the best Digimon. u_u

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

misswliu81

138. Posted:

i am thinking that panda and maybe roger from tekken might be a good fit

misswliu81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xenokal

139. Posted:

@Smash Brothers Melee V.S Smash Brothers Brawl
Anyone who says Melee is Better than Brawl, I respect your opinion and all but I must say that Melee was way too buggy and required just as much skill to play as Metaknight. The game was broken and had so many abusable exploits to the point where people focused on the exploits rather than play the game the way it was meant to be. They went as far as to make names for these exploits and dub them "Advanced Melee Techniques". I'm sure most of you know what I am talking about, for those of you who don't I suggest you go look it up on youtube. Melee has so many issues that Brawl has cleared up I don't see why anyone would stick to playing melee, unless for the simple fact that you just don't accept new things. I call that the Final Fantasy 7 Syndrome.
The Final Fantasy 7 Syndrome is common in old gamers and it hinders a gamer from moving on to better things. The Final Fantasy 7 Syndrome is a chronic illness where you believe that one game can not get any better no matter how many of that game the franchise pumps out. Take Final Fantasy 7 For instance. The game was a milestone of the franchise. The first Final Fantasy to use a 3d graphic engine. It had a great story and remarkable characters. It was released in 1997 for Playstation (15 years ago) To this day people believe that it is the best Final Fantasy ever created. Those people are sick. Many Final Fantasy games have surpassed FF7 but they refuse to grow up and move on. FF10 and 13 have done something that Final Fantasy 7 could never accomplish. FF7 is old and played out and needs to be buried in the desert with the E.T. Atari Games. Same goes for Melee. The game is merely a shadow in comparison to Brawl. Yes it has characters that we would love to return in the upcoming title, but that's about all it has going for it. I have met people that believe Super Smash Brothers 64 is the best of the 3. Melee has had it's time in the light, but is out-shined by Brawl, and thus will be the same fate as Brawl when Smash Brothers Universe is released for WiiU.

As for characters in the next "Smash" title

I believe these people should be added as playables

Characters to Add:
Matthew- (Golden Sun Dark Dawn)
Karis-(Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Agatio-(Golden Sun the Lost Age)
Karst-(Golden Sun the Lost Age)
Shadow The Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2)
Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
Knuckles The Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog 3)
Skyward Sword "Link" (Replace Toon Link)
Poo (Earthbound)
Starman (Mother/Earthbound)
Lyn(Fire Emblem)
Roy(Fire Emblem)- (change his moveset a bit more to make him more diverse from Marth)
Mewtwo (Pokemon) He was the most unique non cloned character
Enhanced pokemon Trainer(When changing outfits the Trainer and Pokemon Starters should change also) I.E Trainer White with B&W starters
Lloyed(Tales of Symphonia)
Sheena(Tales of Symphonia)
Emil(Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk)
Marta(Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk)
Kos Mos(Xenosaga)
Pac Man
Clovis (Dragon Buster)
Red Barron/Blue Max(SkyKid)
Digman(Dig Dug)
Special Guest: Mega Man (He deserves it more than anyone else)

Characters to remove:
Snake
Toon Link
Olimar
Didikong
Wario
Metaknight
DeDeDe
Jigglypuff

Roster should be like 50 Characters Tops
I don't believe in Tekken Characters being in this game, They dont suit the atmosphere, that and they are actual fighting game genre characters
Everyone from Brawl should be in it except those on the list above. Ill shop up a character select screen layout.

Xenokal

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WingedSnagret

140. Posted:

^ I agree with your roster except for some of the characters to remove. Olimar is definitely going to stay! Jigglypuff is one of the original twelve, so I doubt that will happen (as much I don't like her/it). And everyone else should come back, except for Toon Link and Snake, those two can leave for all I care.

But I must commend you for wanting Roy back, because it seems your one of the only other people on here that wants the same. Of course like you said his moveset should be changed a least a little to make him different from Marth.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64