Forums

Topic: Project Sora, Namco Bandai developing next Smash Bros

Posts 121 to 140 of 166

TysonOfTime

While I liked Melee for it's competitiveness, I preferred Brawl more because of it's CHAOS! Just was more fun to me.

WAIT A MINUTE! GET BACK ON TOPIC YOU HOOLIGANS!

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Snagrio

TysonQ7 wrote:

While I liked Melee for it's competitiveness, I preferred Brawl more because of it's CHAOS! Just was more fun to me.

Yeah, this sums it up. And he's also right about the fact that this discussion has gotten rather of topic. I thought this was about Namco helping in the development of the next Smash Bros, not an augment over Melee and Brawl!

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Joeynator3000

TysonQ7 wrote:

This, yeah the slipping and floatiness is irritating...but I love Brawl more than Melee simply because of the chaos. Chaotic stages, more chaotic items like Smash Ball and Assist Trophy.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gallantmon (that one's not gonna happen, TysonQ >:3).

Well, then Digimon are pointless.

Joeynator3000

Sooo, wait is Bandai partnered with Namco or something? Just wondering, lol. And yeah, chances are it'll be just Pac-Man...I'm hoping Square will be involved somehow too.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

KingMike

You didn't know? Bandai and Namco merged into one company several years ago.

KingMike

e-love

TysonQ7 wrote:

You successfully read my mind and got everyone back on topic.

All in day's work I guess

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Joeynator3000

KingMike wrote:

You didn't know? Bandai and Namco merged into one company several years ago.

Well in video games I see Namco Bandai, lol...elsewhere I see just Bandai, and sometimes just Namco, and confused me. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

misswliu81

i am thinking that panda and maybe roger from tekken might be a good fit

misswliu81

Xenokal

@Smash Brothers Melee V.S Smash Brothers Brawl
Anyone who says Melee is Better than Brawl, I respect your opinion and all but I must say that Melee was way too buggy and required just as much skill to play as Metaknight. The game was broken and had so many abusable exploits to the point where people focused on the exploits rather than play the game the way it was meant to be. They went as far as to make names for these exploits and dub them "Advanced Melee Techniques". I'm sure most of you know what I am talking about, for those of you who don't I suggest you go look it up on youtube. Melee has so many issues that Brawl has cleared up I don't see why anyone would stick to playing melee, unless for the simple fact that you just don't accept new things. I call that the Final Fantasy 7 Syndrome.
The Final Fantasy 7 Syndrome is common in old gamers and it hinders a gamer from moving on to better things. The Final Fantasy 7 Syndrome is a chronic illness where you believe that one game can not get any better no matter how many of that game the franchise pumps out. Take Final Fantasy 7 For instance. The game was a milestone of the franchise. The first Final Fantasy to use a 3d graphic engine. It had a great story and remarkable characters. It was released in 1997 for Playstation (15 years ago) To this day people believe that it is the best Final Fantasy ever created. Those people are sick. Many Final Fantasy games have surpassed FF7 but they refuse to grow up and move on. FF10 and 13 have done something that Final Fantasy 7 could never accomplish. FF7 is old and played out and needs to be buried in the desert with the E.T. Atari Games. Same goes for Melee. The game is merely a shadow in comparison to Brawl. Yes it has characters that we would love to return in the upcoming title, but that's about all it has going for it. I have met people that believe Super Smash Brothers 64 is the best of the 3. Melee has had it's time in the light, but is out-shined by Brawl, and thus will be the same fate as Brawl when Smash Brothers Universe is released for WiiU.

As for characters in the next "Smash" title

I believe these people should be added as playables

Characters to Add:
Matthew- (Golden Sun Dark Dawn)
Karis-(Golden Sun Dark Dawn
Agatio-(Golden Sun the Lost Age)
Karst-(Golden Sun the Lost Age)
Shadow The Hedgehog (Sonic Adventure 2)
Miles "Tails" Prower (Sonic the Hedgehog 2)
Knuckles The Echidna (Sonic the Hedgehog 3)
Skyward Sword "Link" (Replace Toon Link)
Poo (Earthbound)
Starman (Mother/Earthbound)
Lyn(Fire Emblem)
Roy(Fire Emblem)- (change his moveset a bit more to make him more diverse from Marth)
Mewtwo (Pokemon) He was the most unique non cloned character
Enhanced pokemon Trainer(When changing outfits the Trainer and Pokemon Starters should change also) I.E Trainer White with B&W starters
Lloyed(Tales of Symphonia)
Sheena(Tales of Symphonia)
Emil(Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk)
Marta(Tales of Symphonia: Knights of Ratatosk)
Kos Mos(Xenosaga)
Pac Man
Clovis (Dragon Buster)
Red Barron/Blue Max(SkyKid)
Digman(Dig Dug)
Special Guest: Mega Man (He deserves it more than anyone else)

Characters to remove:
Snake
Toon Link
Olimar
Didikong
Wario
Metaknight
DeDeDe
Jigglypuff

Roster should be like 50 Characters Tops
I don't believe in Tekken Characters being in this game, They dont suit the atmosphere, that and they are actual fighting game genre characters
Everyone from Brawl should be in it except those on the list above. Ill shop up a character select screen layout.

Xenokal

Snagrio

^ I agree with your roster except for some of the characters to remove. Olimar is definitely going to stay! Jigglypuff is one of the original twelve, so I doubt that will happen (as much I don't like her/it). And everyone else should come back, except for Toon Link and Snake, those two can leave for all I care.

But I must commend you for wanting Roy back, because it seems your one of the only other people on here that wants the same. Of course like you said his moveset should be changed a least a little to make him different from Marth.

Snagrio

DudeSean

I play as Roy a lot in Melee, but not as Marth in Brawl.

One character that I would really like to see is Krystal with the moves that Fox had in Starfox Adventures with the staff. She would have a totally different moveset than all the other Starfox characters, and I really like Starfox Adventures, even if it's not a traditional Starfox game.

I imagine Snake will go to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, which Sony will be thinking that they're sticking it to Smash fans by doing that, but I don't care about him going away, either. There's other third party characters I'd rather see.

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

PoorVGameNerd

Wow, those are some long posts. I thought I loved Melee but you guys take it to a whole other level. And yes, not having an option to disable tripping is flat-out inexcusable.

www.poorvideogamenerd.com
Retro Nintendo Game Reviews

Snagrio

Somewhat off topic with what has been conversed on this thread as of late, but now with all the extra help from Namco, what do you think the chances are that we'll see a trailer next E3? I think the odds are rather good now. At the very least it will be mentioned.

Edited on by Snagrio

Snagrio

Snagrio

NintyFan wrote:

There should be one by then. Sakurai said they had already developed a prototype and it looks great.

As in it looks great to him? Or you've seen it yourself? If the latter, send me the link!

Snagrio

TysonOfTime

WingedFish wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

There should be one by then. Sakurai said they had already developed a prototype and it looks great.

[/div]

[/div]

As in it looks great to him? Or you've seen it yourself? If the latter, send me the link!

[/div]

Heh. He means Sakurai said it looked great. If the trailer was available, we'd make sure you knew.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Snagrio

TysonQ7 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

NintyFan wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Heh. He means Sakurai said it looked great. If the trailer was available, we'd make sure you knew.

Well I guess that's certainly true. The excitement is just getting to me I suppose.

Snagrio

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.