Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,519

squallssck

Chrono_Cross wrote:

The servers are awful. I can't connect to anyone and it's frustrating.

Me too, show error every time I tried to connect to a room.

squallssck

Chrono_Cross

Bloodysaber wrote:

What kind of issues have you been having? I was on all last night and didn't have any problems...

squallssck wrote:

Me too, show error every time I tried to connect to a room.

What squallssck is experiencing, unfortunately.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Psylumin

I just asked on Miiverse whether anybody would recommend this game to complete Monster Hunter newbies (like me) , even when they don't have actual offline friends to play with.
Everyone responded with a very positive 'yes', saying that the community is extremely nice and that many would even help me understand and get into the game.

Could anybody perhaps help me make the decision? The demo wasn't enough to help me, just because it sort of expects me to know what I am doing. I was only able to kill the Novice monster (barely with a lot of item usage).

I just want to know whether one can naturally progress in the game, without the help of extensive online tutorials and etc. Is the in-game tutorial good enough to get me introduced to the mechanics? Will I be able to get into the flow of things by just playing the game more? I have no problem playing cooperatively online, I am just really worried that I am too much of a MH newbie to even contribute anything to Co-Op play and instead just end up being a huge nuisance; I don't want to piss anybody off, but from what I can gather, this isn't a game that you can easily understand just by playing Single Player.
Also, what about the servers? Chrono_Cross mentioned that servers are horrible, and that would be a huge set-back for me, I think, since I don't have anybody else around me that wants MH.

I love a good challenge, that's not the problem, I am just worried that I might never be able to progress because I just can't get a hold of basic skills such as item management, crafting or even the actual combat. How will I know which traps are good, how will I know which armors to craft and etc. if there isn't someone telling me about it?

Edited on by Psylumin

Psylumin

SCRAPPER392

@Psylumin
I didn't know anything about this game, and I know what's going on pretty well now. Everyone that plays it now had to at least tried it once. The demo actually convinced me to buy it, because I understand what it's about except the minor details which puts people off.
I haven't had any internet problems basically ever, so I never have to blame the servers of any online game.

Edited on by SCRAPPER392

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

BrandoBomb

Yeah I watched gameplay and Monster Hunter is looking pretty good to me haha. I played the Zombie U demo and its okay. I just got The Walking Dead Survival Instincts and its basically like Zombie U.

BrandoBomb

Nintendo Network ID: BrandoBomb | Twitter:

Mrrikki

cyrex wrote:

Anyone in the UK got the game yet????

Yes, been playing it today.

Mrrikki

Chrono_Cross

That's weird. You can only level up online if you complete an urgent quest. I think that means there's a level cap, unfortunately.

Just for you.

6ch6ris6

@Psylumin
the demo was not very kind to new players.
the game introduces the game mechanics pretty good so you shouldn't be afraid about that. try all the weapons and stick to the one you like the most.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

BenAV

@Chrono_Cross From what I've been told, once you beat all the quests or whatever you start going up like normal and it goes up to 999.
Don't take my word for it though, because I'm not too sure on it all myself.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Razalom

Well for people in AU some are connecting to the UK E-Shop and getting the digital copy of MH3U that way as its out there now. I did it for Trine 2 and have no issues playing the game in my AU profile.

NNID : Razalom (Australia)

BenAV

Yep, just finished downloading it now on my 3DS.
Hooray!

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

cyrex

Mrrikki wrote:

cyrex wrote:

Anyone in the UK got the game yet????

Yes, been playing it today.

How!!! Did you get the digital copy or or hard copy from online or a shop ?

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

ShadJV

So every time I use goldenfish bait, ALL the fish scatter. Been trying this for hours, just trying to figure out how this bait works. Does anyone have tips?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

SCRAPPER392

ShadJV wrote:

So every time I use goldenfish bait, ALL the fish scatter. Been trying this for hours, just trying to figure out how this bait works. Does anyone have tips?

They will scatter/disappear, and ONLY goldenfish will appear in their place. They are the only ones that take that bait.

Qwest

ShadJV

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

They will scatter/disappear, and ONLY goldenfish will appear in their place. They are the only ones that take that bait.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, NOTHING comes back. No goldenfish take their place, not a single fish returns until I pull the line out. Even then, no goldenfish are there.

Peace!

SCRAPPER392

ShadJV wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear, NOTHING comes back. No goldenfish take their place, not a single fish returns until I pull the line out. Even then, no goldenfish are there.

Maybe it depends where you're fishing.

Qwest

wigglyjr

^It did in Tri

3DS Friend code:0731-4764-9778
Wii Friend code:3302-4633-1563-7322

ShadJV

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

Maybe it depends where you're fishing.

I tried everywhere in the forest (well, everywhere with water), including the places people said in similar threads about Tri. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong...

Peace!

SCRAPPER392

Did you download it, or running it off the disc?

Qwest

Chrono_Cross

BenAV wrote:

@Chrono_Cross From what I've been told, once you beat all the quests or whatever you start going up like normal and it goes up to 999.
Don't take my word for it though, because I'm not too sure on it all myself.

I asked a few people and they said what you claimed. So, it must be true, lol. Hopefully.

Just for you.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.