Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - OT

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 1,519

BenAV

Argh, the website's for checking which charm table you're on has been down all day...
I'm pretty sure I did it all right and should be on table 10, but gonna be paranoid about being on a cursed table until I can check and make sure.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Fuzzy

Chrono_Cross wrote:

That's weird. You can only level up online if you complete an urgent quest. I think that means there's a level cap, unfortunately.

I remember having that trouble online in Tri.

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

Aviator

Chrono_Cross wrote:

That's weird. You can only level up online if you complete an urgent quest. I think that means there's a level cap, unfortunately.

I think that they've changed 3U's online to fit how it was in P3.

It gets rid of the HR system in Tri, and HR is now like the stars in singleplayer.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

cyrex

Got The game today paid 40.50 cause the only place selling it here in cardiff is game. HMV and major stores are not stocking the game so i used my loyalty points which brought down the hefty price of 49.99 to 40.50 pounds.

Shame that i wont be able to play the game till late. Hate work when i have a new toy or a new game.

Edited on by cyrex

add me on wii u ( cyrex78)
Switch : SW-1239-7762-0605

Sjoerd

Has anyone downloaded it? What's the size and how long did it take you? Thanks!

3DS Friendcode: 2234-7361-0146
NNID: Soddard

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7361-0146 | Nintendo Network ID: Soddard

erv

Sjoerd wrote:

Has anyone downloaded it? What's the size and how long did it take you? Thanks!

It's 6.2 gigabytes total. It will depend on your internet and nintendo's servers how quickly it'll download, I usually download this stuff in 20 minutes but this was a 1.5 hour exercise... I downloaded it at midnight and left my wii U to do the rest, setting it to auto power down once the download and install is complete. This morning it was all done without even having to take another look

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Joeynator3000

Aviator wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

It gets rid of the HR system in Tri, and HR is now like the stars in singleplayer.

Once you hit the last urgent in Tanzia, it'll go back to Tri's system actually.

EDIT: And for the Goldenfish problem, I asked on Unity because I was having problems too. But just to be sure that you know, in this game you have to select the Goldenfish Bait and press Y.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Aviator

Booooo. Tri's system sucks compared to P3.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Spoony_Tech

Erica_Hartmann wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Once you hit the last urgent in Tanzia, it'll go back to Tri's system actually.

EDIT: And for the Goldenfish problem, I asked on Unity because I was having problems too. But just to be sure that you know, in this game you have to select the Goldenfish Bait and press Y.

Thanks for that tip! I spent about 15-20 mins and only caught 2 with the A button but didn't lose bait. Got the last one and lost bait so that work out perfectly! Let's just say I got tired in the middle of doing that quest and shut the system and resumed it just now.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ShadJV

Astraea wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

So every time I use goldenfish bait, ALL the fish scatter. Been trying this for hours, just trying to figure out how this bait works. Does anyone have tips?

They will scatter/disappear, and ONLY goldenfish will appear in their place. They are the only ones that take that bait.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, NOTHING comes back. No goldenfish take their place, not a single fish returns until I pull the line out. Even then, no goldenfish are there.

You have to wait until the bait is submerged underwater before you can attempt to pull the fish out. In rare cases you can get 2 or more fish in one go.

While I'm at it, once you get to the Herbivore Egg transportation quest I suggest you equip yourself with Loc Lac armor and bring along a Dash Juice. Dash Juice is made with a Catalyst (Bitterbug + Honey) and a Rare Steak. You will require Altaroth carves to make the armor so use the Poison Bombs provided in the Altaroth quest or Poison Shots Lv 1 with the Jaggid or R. Ludroth light bowguns. The Hebivore Eggs can be found at a bone pile by a tree in Area 7 of Sandy Plains.

I've waited over five minutes and it didn't get submerged. How long am I supposed to wait?

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

Spoony_Tech

@ShadJV Just go there with the right bait and hit the y bottom instead of the A button.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ShadJV

Tech101 wrote:

@ShadJV Just go there with the right bait and hit the y bottom instead of the A button.

I've been doing that.

Peace!

Spoony_Tech

At least with me when you do that the other fish run away and the golden fish come out. As soon as you see them pull the bait under the water then hit the button.

MERG said:

ShadJV

Tech101 wrote:

At least with me when you do that the other fish run away and the golden fish come out. As soon as you see them pull the bait under the water then hit the button.

Yeah, no fish come out. The fish all scatter and I'm left with just empty water. No goldenfish, no anything...

Peace!

Spoony_Tech

I don't know what to tell you other them maybe its the armor you're wearing. Could possibly be scaring them off or you have a defective copy or maybe even on a cursed table!

MERG said:

ShadJV

Does the bait only work in the mission? Because I haven't done the mission yet.

Peace!

Spoony_Tech

That could be it lol. If you need them its always better to do the mission as you also earn money and or zenny for them.

MERG said:

Dizzy_Boy

there's a monster hunter 3 demo event at the ritzy cinema in brixton, london tomorrow. any one going?

Dizzy_Boy

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.