Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

Flopsy86

The minigames do look fun on this, big difference between seeing the screenshots and actually viewing the video I feel.

@Nintyman That MP2 game you're thinking of is Move to the Music right? Although I think of The Beat Goes On from MP3 just because of the fact that they are playing bongos so I guess it is a combination of these 2 minigames. But then again, I'm just a MP3 fanboy.

That golf minigame is like Sunday Drivers from MP6 except you don't do button prompts, you swing if you get a ball obviously.
That photo picture minigame looks like a fresh idea and it looks fun as hell.
The 1 vs 3 game where Mario is dodging Bullet Bills from the team of 3, I like the way the platform moves depending on where you're standing.
The 1 vs 3 game where Mario is sending those Spike pendulums at the team of 3, that looks similar to a 4 player game called Kabob and Weave in Mario Party Island Tour where you're doing the same thing but the last surviving player wins. I'm glad they carried over this game to MP10 and improved it.
The 1 vs 3 soccer game looks like a fresh idea also.
Like the concept of that bongo game, the team must repeat the single player's inputs but make less than 10 mistakes between them otherwise they lose, whether it is a single round or not I don't know.
That 2 vs 2 with the line down the middle is almost exactly like Weight For It which is a Duel from MP7 except it's 2 vs 2 and not 1 vs 1.
The 2 vs 2 balancing game also seems like a fresh idea, can't believe there's no minigame like this yet.
The 2 vs 2 volleyball game looks like one of the extras in Mario Party 5 where you can play a full game of volleyball.
The 2 vs 2 Bumper Balls (MP1 & 2) meets Soccer crossover makes me lol!
The 2 vs 2 Dark Maze Meet up game reminds me of Team Treasure Trek (also 2 vs 2) from MP4 except you just need to meet up in dark conditions in this MP10 one it seems and not have to find the key and chest first then meet up like in MP4.

Boss Battle wise, noticed that there is no halfway line to their health meter so there probably won't be any step up in difficulty during the boss battle. I hope this isn't true because it's perfectly ok to up the difficulty after the first few hits/rounds.
Don't like how Petey Piranha's battle has almost unavoidable attacks, looks pretty boring aswell.
Kamek/Magikoopa: Looks great, it's like the Cheep Cheep battle from MP9 as you have to collect bullets to shoot like you had to collect shells. There's just way more attacking from the boss this time round and they makes it more interesting.
Monty Mole: Concept looks great, just not sure why he'd be in a Balloon!
Mecha Koopa: Looks quite tough for those who can't platform and you can easily get hit by attacks from this one aswell! Makes a nice change.
Bowser: FINALLY! A real boss battle with Bowser, the MP9 one was a bit of a letdown to be honest. At least we get a proper battle with him this time round.

That 1 vs 1 at the end where you shake the beads up and combo them. Looks good however I'm more curious as to how 1 vs 1 games will be incorporated into the Party mode, either that or it's an extra minigame.

Still no footage of Toadette or Spike yet though, guess Nd Cube want to keep them a secret for now.

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

jariw

Flopsy86 wrote:

Don't like how Petey Piranha's battle has almost unavoidable attacks, looks pretty boring aswell.

I think the attacks are unavoidable, since the players that attack Petey with the mouth open get the attack returned.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

I expect another episode in the "Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing" series come from this game soon after launch

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Kuksenkov

People are not too excited for this one...
I kinda would like to get it, but don't have many friends to invite over to play, and the meat of this game is the multiplayer!!
I remember those Mario Party 7 days, too much fun on the Dragon-like stage.

Edited on by Kuksenkov

Avid collector of Japanese music/films/videogames physical releases.

www.shadycandyshop.blogspot.com

Twitter:

bluemage1989

I am lucky enough to belong to a Nintendo club so I will have plenty of friends to enjoy this with. Were all looking forward to playing this big time.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

Not impressed at all, coming significantly closer to if I buy then it will be for the Club Nintendo code rather than the actual game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

Amiibo Party reminds me a lot of Mario Party 4 gameplay... looks pretty awesome

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Inkling

Will all characters get an amiibo?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

Inkling wrote:

Pretty sure everyone except Waluigi, Toadette (, Spike if confirmed as a character) and Daisy have confirmed amiibo figures so far.

Grumblevolcano

Flopsy86

Haven't watched the entire video yet but it looks very good so far, it's hard to know what's going on because I can't read the foreign language text. I saw Luigi land on a Bowser space then get given a Star! I assume he was supposed to lose one but he didn't have any and Bowser gave him one instead.

The fact that they do a mini game every turn goes down well with me, a bit confused as to why they are 1 vs 3 all the time though and they are Bowser minigames. Yes it's the Bowser board but it seems like the player playing as Bowser has got the big advantage with the 5 dice feature activated in the first few turns and the fact that they are the bully in the minigames.

I'm actually pretty curious about the whole amiibo party thing and this might tempt me to pick up more than the 5 I'll already have. I have Smash bros DK and Peach which I believe are compatible (correct me if I'm wrong), and I'll have Mario, Toad and Yoshi from the new wave coming with the game.
Most of the game sounds are recycled from MP9 aswell, they've remixed the minigame music but everything else sounds identical! It's a good job I'm a fan of the MP9 soundtrack anyway otherwise I'd be pretty unhappy.

How are you coming across this footage Nintyman?!

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

DBPirate

This game looks much better than Mario Party 9 (and I liked that game!). Bowser Party appears to be the most appeasing mode so far but that honestly doesn't surprise me.

I wonder if the Bowser Jr. Smash Brothers amiibo (when it comes out) will be compatible with this game as Jr. is in the game; just not playable.

Also, I'm pretty Mario Galaxy 2 was only 1.5GB or something like that so is Mario Party 10 that much larger or is it because of the HD visuals and locked amiibo data?

Currently playing: Bayonetta 2

My Nintendo: DillPickle | Nintendo Network ID: Czechmate1129

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Inkling wrote:

Pretty sure everyone except Waluigi, Toadette (, Spike if confirmed as a character) and Daisy have confirmed amiibo figures so far.

I mean in the future. Also, if all characters get amiibo, will they all have unlockable amiibo party boards?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DreamyViridi

That amiibo Party was an interesting watch but what got me were the Bowser games. They look fun for sure.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Yoshi_Prime

In the spirit of having too much free time on my hands, I heard that the Mario Party series has sold 39.6M copies worldwide. Based on the sales from all the other games (VG Chartz, boo hiss etc.), I could see MP10 hitting somewhere around 1.5-2M sales. I'm erring on the 1.5M side.

Of course, I'm not actually buying the game. I couldn't play a Mario Party game where I didn't hate all my friends afterwards.

Yoshi_Prime

Yoshi_Prime

NintyMan wrote:

@Yoshi_Prime: The figure was provided just a page ago. Sounds like a good achievement to me.

I'm looking forward to the game more after watching that video. The amiibo Party looks cool and the Bowser minigames look fun!

Haha, that's a good lesson for me to read more than the current page. My bad. But yeah, that is a good achievement. Great sales.

Yoshi_Prime

jariw

Flopsy86 wrote:

The fact that they do a mini game every turn goes down well with me, a bit confused as to why they are 1 vs 3 all the time though and they are Bowser minigames. Yes it's the Bowser board but it seems like the player playing as Bowser has got the big advantage with the 5 dice feature activated in the first few turns and the fact that they are the bully in the minigames.

I wonder things along the same line. As I understood it, the player used a Bowser amiibo, which would make it logical that all mini games becomes Bowser mini games. But what happens if it's a Peach amiibo? And can only one amiibo be used in one game (I guess so)?

jariw

Jacob717

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Not impressed at all, coming significantly closer to if I buy then it will be for the Club Nintendo code rather than the actual game.

Products released after January 20th aren't eligible for Club Nintendo.

Jacob717

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.