Forums

Topic: Mario Party 10 - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 398

DefHalan

I think having Online for Mario Party kinda defeats the purpose of making Mario Party games. But that is just me and people will probably disagree with me and call me names

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

PokeMario

DefHalan wrote:

I think having Online for Mario Party kinda defeats the purpose of making Mario Party games. But that is just me and people will probably disagree with me and call me names

I agree. I'm not sure why so many people are complaining about no online in this game, of all games. This seems like the kind of game you'd play with family and friends in your own living room.

PokeMario

renaryuugufan92

DiscoGentleman wrote:

So, GameStop says the game's release is 03/20/2015. Is it seriously right around the corner? Where's the promotion, Nintendo?

PokeMario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I agree. I'm not sure why so many people are complaining about no online in this game, of all games. This seems like the kind of game you'd play with family and friends in your own living room.

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Having online defeats the purpose of mario part, wait WHAT~?! PLEASE explain to me how being able to play with your friends is defeating the purpose, its a party game, and its multiplayer, what multiplayer games should omit ONLINE in 2015. WAT ok rant done

Edited on by renaryuugufan92

Style Savvy Shop Code: R22M60G78 | XboxLive: NikkiChan92 | Steam: Nikki_chan92 | Switch FC: SW-0079-0452-6231

Switch Friend Code: SW-0079-0452-6231 | 3DS Friend Code: 0001-3400-5874

UGXwolf

@DiscoGentleman You apparently missed the last Nintendo Direct and the growing base of information about the game. Mind you, Mario Party isn't entirely a complex game. You have mini-games. You have boards. You have gameplay modes. The actual commercials and hype will likely start around about a week after Kirby's Rainbow Curse launches, but even then, how exactly do you hype Mario Party? "You've been salty! You've been extra salty! But now prefer for Bowser-sized proportions of salt as you and four friends can now play in a 1 vs. 4 board game mode in which you compete to see who can kill everyone the fastest! Or if that doesn't float your boat, you can always play more Mario Party 9 maps... no? Anyone? Well, I guess there's this other mode for fans of the classic gameplay." Yeah, that deflated fast.

@renaryuugufan92 Very simple. Mario Party isn't any fun if you can't flip off the guy that just stole two stars from everyone.

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

mystman12

PokeMario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I agree as well. Maybe it would be nice playing with friends over the internet, but even with Skype it just wouldn't be the same. Global online would be even more pointless, since it would pretty much just be playing against computer that can rage quit and encounter connection errors. Mario Party is, and always will be a local multiplayer game.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

DreamyViridi

Spike is still a bit odd to me. Wonder how he sounds...?
We also see King Boo and Blooper return as bosses here. DK's art makes me laugh, first thing I thought of was:
"Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry for my 12 years of playable absence. Heh..."

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Inkling

I wonder if there'll be a Spike amiibo. I'd buy it (maybe )
Also, the more info that is released, the more I want this game

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DefHalan

I will probably play as Yoshi, Rosalina, and Toadette the most lol

NinjaWaddleDee

Looks like we know what wave 2 amiibo will be!

Daisy
Wario
Waluigi
Donkey Kong
Rosalina
Toadette
Spike

I'm calling it now, spike will be the hardest to find one yet.

I wonder if there will be unlockable characters? Birdo, dry bones, and boo seem likely.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

NinjaWaddleDee

NintyMan wrote:

Daisy, DK, and Wario getting Super Mario amiibo is a foregone assumption. Spike, on the other hand, is a bit up in the air, but it should be worth reminding that this is the Super Mario series, not the Mario Party series of amiibo.

Hmmm you do have a point. But what other characters can they make for this series? Especially because the mario series seems like its even more aimed at kids than smash was. So after daisy, Wario, and waluigi, who else will we possibly see? Random enemies? Do you think kids are going to be like omg a birdo amiibo!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)

DefHalan

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Daisy, DK, and Wario getting Super Mario amiibo is a foregone assumption. Spike, on the other hand, is a bit up in the air, but it should be worth reminding that this is the Super Mario series, not the Mario Party series of amiibo.

Hmmm you do have a point. But what other characters can they make for this series? Especially because the mario series seems like its even more aimed at kids than smash was. So after daisy, Wario, and waluigi, who else will we possibly see? Random enemies? Do you think kids are going to be like omg a birdo amiibo!

I don't see the Super Mario series Amiibo having that many waves as fast as Smash. Smash has lots of waves cause there are so many characters. But for future Super Mario "waves" they could always include new characters with some new figures of previously released characters

MrWalkieTalkie

DefHalan wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

I don't see the Super Mario series Amiibo having that many waves as fast as Smash. Smash has lots of waves cause there are so many characters. But for future Super Mario "waves" they could always include new characters with some new figures of previously released characters

The way I see it, they're not gonna be in any rush to release wave after wave of new amiibos for the Super Mario series. They'll likely just add on to it when they need to. So yeah, I believe we're not too far from seeing DK, Toadette, Wario, Daisy, Waluigi, and Rosalina added to the series for use in Mario Party 10. And then they'll probably add on other characters/creatures later when there's a game that'll need amiibos of them, like Bowser Jr., the Koopalings, Goomba, King Boo, Baby characters, Birdo, etc.

So like for example:

WAVE 1: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, Toad
WAVE 2: Wario, Waluigi, Daisy, Rosalina, Donkey Kong, Toadette

and then that'll be it for a while
But then there's a new Mario game announced, like Mario Strikers, or Baseball, or whatever, and it supports amiibos but features Mario characters that don't have amiibos, like Koopalings for example.

So then they'll announce a Wave 3 featuring Koopaling amiibos, and other waves for other characters if there are any that need an amiibo for this new game.

Edited on by MrWalkieTalkie

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/Mr.WalkieTalkie
Nintendo Network ID: Mr.WalkieTalkie
3DS Friend Code: 4382-2073-7299

VOTE WONDER-RED FOR SMASH!!

NinjaWaddleDee

DefHalan wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

NintyMan wrote:

Fire mario variant confirmed lol.

Flopsy86

Nice find on that Japanese source Nintyman

At least it confirms the roster at a nice round 12 characters. I say 12 because I assume Bowser will only be playable in Bowser Party I assume and on amiibo party maybe. The standard mode will have 12 because of this.

Lol at Toadette being "New", yeah she's new to Nd Cube produced Mario Parties but not the series. Really hope she does get an amiibo release eventually aswell, she's in enough of the big release Wii U games to get one in my opinion. Her amiibo might become rare aswell I recon if she does get one.

Flopsy86

Nintendo Network ID: Flopsy86

NinjaWaddleDee

Flopsy86 wrote:

At least it confirms the roster at a nice round 12 characters. I say 12 because I assume Bowser will only be playable in Bowser Party I assume and on amiibo party maybe. The standard mode will have 12 because of this.

Lol at Toadette being "New", yeah she's new to Nd Cube produced Mario Parties but not the series. Really hope she does get an amiibo release eventually aswell, she's in enough of the big release Wii U games to get one in my opinion. Her amiibo might become rare aswell I recon if she does get one.

There's no way she won't get one. She's too popular nowadays to not have one, but I'm sure she will be the most underproduced one. Personally I'm holding out for a captain toad version, but I won't hold my breath.

Rexcalibr

renaryuugufan92 wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

So, GameStop says the game's release is 03/20/2015. Is it seriously right around the corner? Where's the promotion, Nintendo?

PokeMario wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Agreed, wholeheartedly.

Having online defeats the purpose of mario part, wait WHAT~?! PLEASE explain to me how being able to play with your friends is defeating the purpose, its a party game, and its multiplayer, what multiplayer games should omit ONLINE in 2015. WAT ok rant done

That's how I feel. How is online defeating the purpose? If it was done right and you could actually use a mic while you play it could be fun.

Rexcalibr

Flopsy86

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

Flopsy86 wrote:

There's no way she won't get one. She's too popular nowadays to not have one, but I'm sure she will be the most underproduced one. Personally I'm holding out for a captain toad version, but I won't hold my breath.

I would definitely make sure I get one if a Toadette amiibo happens, I know there are a lot of Toadette fans out there, whether they show it (like I do) or not!

Don't see voice chat being introduced in Nintendo games anytime soon, Nintendo will want to keep its family friendly atmosphere and as soon as you introduce voice chat, they can't control what is said in online games and keep the bad language out exactly.

Personally I like the fact that Nintendo online games aren't littered with young kids (and adults too) using all the swear words they know.

Flopsy86

whodatninja

Flopsy86 wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

I just found out that Mario Party 2 is on the Wii eshop! Now if only i had more than two wii remotes...

Hopefully by March when MP10 comes out Nintendo will start porting over N64 games to WII U!

You'll need a classic controller for each player aswell sadly. If you use a wii console though, you can use gamecube controllers

Yeah it sucks we still cant use the Gamepad and Wii U Pro Controller whatsoever in Wii mode

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

NintendoFan64

Right now the game is a "maybe" for me. It's mainly because I want people to play it with, and my sister isn't too fond of Nintendo, and my best friend isn't too keen on Mario Party.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Flopsy86

3.5GB of free space is only if you're downloading the game I assume?

How did you get this info Nintyman? Did you look at that website and was able to translate it or something?!

This game is still a buy for me, as long as Toadette is definitely playable then this game WILL be better than MP9 for me.

Also it looks as if there are some 1 vs 3 games in this game despite the board pictures saying otherwise.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wiiu/abaj/welcome/index.html

At the bottom of the page, there are 12 pictures of minigames in a slideshow. The 2nd picture (3 cannons shooting at Mario), 3rd picture (3 players kicking around and bullying Mario) and 8th picture (Everyone on drums, Mario in backrow, other 3 in front) surely must be 1 vs 3 games.

Flopsy86

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.