Forums

Topic: Mario Kart 8 DLC (official nintendo store)

Posts 281 to 300 of 307

DefHalan

Kewlan wrote:

DefHalan Right after they released the Blue Falcon in MK8? I'm not sure about that... What's next? Mario in F-Zero?

yea or maybe Star Fox in F-Zero hahahahaha... wait

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

shingi_70

@kkslider5552000

How can Mario Kart DLC be the most excitign when were in sports game season. Madden 15 just released, Fifa, NHL, come out next month, and in october we have WWE 15, NBA 2k15, and NBA live 15.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Sean_Aaron

DefHalan wrote:

Fishing... to save Hyrule!!!!!
Catching Bugs... to save Hyrule!!!!

Link does fun things as well as serious things, just like Mario. I don't see how this would be out of character especially if he was getting a weapon (like a Chain Chomp) from winning or something.

Absolutely (though I skipped those things in Twilight Princess because I thought it odd when the kingdom was in jeopardy). Most of the Zelda games seem pretty light in tone, even if Ganon is kind of heavy.

Talk about needing to lighten-up though. I don't see how Link racing in a kart can destroy Zelda if having him get his ass kicked by Kirby in Smash Bros. doesn't - or is that another can of worms?

@torotoid64 At the risk of troll feeding I have to assume you're not a fan of Mario Kart generally or you've not actually seen this game in action. I've played Mario Kart Wii for the first time since putting in many hours on Mario Kart 8 and this game is so far beyond it in every way that I cannot see how anyone who enjoyed Mario Kart wouldn't find something to like here. Mario Kart 8 is my first time playing Mario Kart since the original on the SNES and it is BRILLIANT!

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Eel

Kewlan wrote:

@ DefHalan Right after they released the Blue Falcon in MK8? I'm not sure about that... What's next? Mario in F-Zero?

Untitled
Untitled

DefHalan wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

DefHalan Right after they released the Blue Falcon in MK8? I'm not sure about that... What's next? Mario in F-Zero?

The "wait" is pretty self explanatory, but I still wanted to add this one.

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryno

Kewlan wrote:

Isn't it kinda odd how it takes months for 8 tracks, 4 karts and 3 character?
I mean, over 6 months for the Animal Crossover DLC?

Nintendo is very intentional about the dates. 6 months after the release of the game they release some DLC that adds 8 new tracks and is a great add on. 6 months after that (1 year anniversary of the game) they release another 16 tracks. They want to make this game remain relevant for a long time, unlike most games, and this is a great way to do it.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Grumblevolcano

Morphbug wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

@ DefHalan Right after they released the Blue Falcon in MK8? I'm not sure about that... What's next? Mario in F-Zero?

Untitled
Untitled

DefHalan wrote:

Kewlan wrote:

The "wait" is pretty self explanatory, but I still wanted to add this one.

Untitled

I wonder if James McCloud in F-Zero is Star Fox canon. I'm thinking something like when James got betrayed by Pigma, Andross submitted him to some of his evil science experiments which transformed him into a human and sent him to Mute City.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ryno

torotoid64 wrote:

I'm eh on the DLC I wanna like it but the DLC roster sucks harder than the actual roster, link looks weird villager is okay same with Isabelle and the colored yoshis and shy guys are beyond stupid, only thing that saves this is the tracks, I'll still be avoiding this game at any cost and I'll wait until Smash Wii U or Bayonetta to pick up a system then I'll probably get this if I ever find it for extremely low price

@torotoid64: I'll bite. I'm not buying it for the roster upgrade, I'm buying it for the tracksand the Blue Falcon as I am sure most people are as well. 16 tracks for $12, well actually I bought eShop gift cards at 20% off so it’s more like $9.60 plus another 10% for DDP comes to $8.64. $12.00 to add half of another Mario Kart set of tracks seems like a good, no great, deal to me. Lastly, how are the colored Shy Guys and Yoshi’s “beyond stupid?” I like Yoshi and now at least I can differentiate myself from the rest of the green Yoshi’s.

Aviator wrote:

Blue Falcon was in MKWii and nobody seemed to freak out then.

For me anyway, this is a lot cooler looking:
Untitled

Than this:
Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Eel

@grumbevolcano: Well I don't play StarFox games, but seem to recall that James McCloud apparently disappeared through a wormhole or something like that.

So anything is fair game when it comes with the destiny of that character.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GameInfinite

I have just preordered the DLC. Can't wait!

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

kkslider5552000

shingi_70 wrote:

@kkslider5552000

How can Mario Kart DLC be the most excitign when were in sports game season. Madden 15 just released, Fifa, NHL, come out next month, and in october we have WWE 15, NBA 2k15, and NBA live 15.

Once again, I hope this is sarcasm.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

@kkslider5552000

Once again, I hope this is sarcasm.

Yeah it is. But I wouldn't call the Mario DLC the most exciting news. For me its the Fable Legends beta but that stems from liking the idea of a straight up DnD inspired game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

19Robb92

DreamyViridi wrote:

It may be worth noting that the Zelda Cup is in the Retro section of race tracks while the AC Cup is in the New section of race tracks.

That does make sense after thinking about it.

Mute City will be based of an old F-Zero game & ExciteBike will be based of an old Excitebike game. Both can be considered retro courses. Which would imply the Zelda course is most likely based on a older Zelda title (well, older than Wind Waker HD or A Link Between Worlds at least).

The Animal Crossing stage on the other hand is based on the latest game in the franchise. Which would make it new, or, not retro.

So that'd mean we're getting 4 retro themed stages from other games than the Mario franchise as well as 4 original Mario Kart themed tracks in Pack 1.

In Pack 2 we're getting 4 new tracks based of off different Nintendo franchises and 4 retro themed tracks from past Mario Kart titles.

That would be a pretty nice set-up IMO.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Grumblevolcano

19Robb92 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

It may be worth noting that the Zelda Cup is in the Retro section of race tracks while the AC Cup is in the New section of race tracks.

Mute City will be based of an old F-Zero game & ExciteBike will be based of an old Excitebike game. Both can be considered retro courses. Which would imply the Zelda course is most likely based on a older Zelda title (well, older than Wind Waker HD or A Link Between Worlds at least).

The Animal Crossing stage on the other hand is based on the latest game in the franchise. Which would make it new, or, not retro.

So that'd mean we're getting 4 retro themed stages from other games than the Mario franchise as well as 4 original Mario Kart themed tracks in Pack 1.

In Pack 2 we're getting 4 new tracks based of off different Nintendo franchises and 4 retro themed tracks from past Mario Kart titles.

But that is disproven by Wario's Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii being one of the screenshots for Pack 1.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

19Robb92

Yeah that's true.. Hmm..

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Akazury

Grumblevolcano wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

DreamyViridi wrote:

But that is disproven by Wario's Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii being one of the screenshots for Pack 1.

Not quite. Mute City, ExciteBike, Wario's Gold Mine and a Retro Zelda course would complete the Triforce cup

Everything can change, but I'm never changing who I am

Nintendo Network ID: Akazury | Twitter:

Inkling

If there's ever a second wave, these are my predictions:

Pokemon x Mario Kart 8
Characters: Pikachu, Charizard, Captain Toad
Same as all other packs in terms of amount of cups and karts

Kirby x Mario Kart 8
Characters: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Same as all other packs in terms of amount of cups and karts, with a Warpstar as a kart

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jariw

Splatom wrote:

If there's ever a second wave, these are my predictions:

Pokemon x Mario Kart 8
Characters: Pikachu, Charizard, Captain Toad
Same as all other packs in terms of amount of cups and karts

Kirby x Mario Kart 8
Characters: Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Same as all other packs in terms of amount of cups and karts, with a Warpstar as a kart

When the first set of Amiibos are released, I would guess that will be able to play as all those 10 Amiibos (including Kirby and Pikachu) without any DLC.

jariw

Octane

DestinyMan wrote:

@jariw: I hope you're right. Some might think amiibos unlocking more characters might be sketchy, but consider that in the U.S. amiibos are going to cost at least $10 while these DLC packs are pretty inexpensive, and they come with characters, vehicles, and tracks.

Ideally, I would hope the amiibos would both unlock the represented character and a vehicle to go along with him or her, but if they can't unlock characters, then I hope for at least vehicles. I would imagine making new characters and vehicles would take considerably less time than making new tracks.

amiibos don't unlock characters or stages in Super Smash Bros., I think we can expect the same with Mario Kart 8; perhaps they'll act as a Ghost character you can race against. I don't think you should see amiibo as DLC, because Nintendo knows as well that if they act as DLC, it becomes very expensive DLC.

Octane

Octane

DestinyMan wrote:

I just think amiibos better be used in a very interesting way, because now they cost $12-$13 and are officially more than the DLC packs.

Again, you shouldn't look at them as DLC. If you do, you'll be very dissappointed, because I don't think they're going to offer the same experience as DLC does. They look similar to the Skylanders figurines, but to assume that they'll take on the same role is unreasonable. Take Super Smash Bros. for example, amiibo is not going to act like DLC in that game, they're interactive toys, eh, figurines. It's a neat collectable for you to look at, and one that can also interact with several of your games.

As for the price, you'll be paying mostly for the figurine itself. Good looking figurines are usually pretty expensive.

Edited on by Octane

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.