Wii U Forum

Topic: Is your patience with Nintendo wearing thin?

Showing 21 to 40 of 168

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

21. Posted:

As long as they don't start shutting down online multiplayer (I would be upset if they suspended the online features for, oh, Mario Kart 7; but I couldn't really care less about the shut down of Swapnote).

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

22. Posted:

I'm still good with them, I enjoy their games and I didn't care for swapnote to begin with (I want local/online chat rooms that can also send messages to people when they are off) the water down ports was just devs testing how the 3ds works with games they already made but now they are making original games, the only thing that bugs me is region locking/region only games and no proper account system.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

23. Posted:

NintendoLink wrote:

Short answer, yes.
Longer answer; the biggest problems for me is the lack of games, and that they seem to be so stubborn when it comes to staying updated to the modern world with online,connectivity, streaming, online coop games or online in general etc.
And i really hate the path they are taking with the few games I/we - were/are looking forward to, like NSMB, galaxy and 2d/3d mario. Its gone from a mature Mario64 that gave people a challenge and a sence of freedom or room for creativity, to chidlish mario thats linear, wierd and no skill demanding at all.
Seems like they think the age group 15-40 is OK because we have been given COD, AC, batman etc, but they are all bad games and even to late. And we that buy a Nintendo, dont buy a nintendo for COD, we buy a Nintendo for Mario, zelda, donkey kong, secret mana, pocky and rocky, Yoshi, banjo and kazooie, luigis mansion, Metroid, megaman etc etc etc etc... and thats skill demanding.
And ofcourse new ips... where are they ? Zombie U ? gtfo...

you are wrong. About literally everything you said is wrong.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Dark-Luigi

24. Posted:

DanMan82 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

As long as Nintendo keeps making good games, that's what I care about, and that won't be changing anytime soon.

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintendoLink

25. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintendoLink wrote:

Short answer, yes.
Longer answer; the biggest problems for me is the lack of games, and that they seem to be so stubborn when it comes to staying updated to the modern world with online,connectivity, streaming, online coop games or online in general etc.
And i really hate the path they are taking with the few games I/we - were/are looking forward to, like NSMB, galaxy and 2d/3d mario. Its gone from a mature Mario64 that gave people a challenge and a sence of freedom or room for creativity, to chidlish mario thats linear, wierd and no skill demanding at all.
Seems like they think the age group 15-40 is OK because we have been given COD, AC, batman etc, but they are all bad games and even to late. And we that buy a Nintendo, dont buy a nintendo for COD, we buy a Nintendo for Mario, zelda, donkey kong, secret mana, pocky and rocky, Yoshi, banjo and kazooie, luigis mansion, Metroid, megaman etc etc etc etc... and thats skill demanding.
And ofcourse new ips... where are they ? Zombie U ? gtfo...

you are wrong. About literally everything you said is wrong.

Ok, whats wrong ?
Mario is not dumbed down ?
They dont lack games ?
They are just as updated as their competitors on online service ?
Have they released some new solid ips ?

Reason i ask is because its so easy to say "your wrong".

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

26. Posted:

NintendoLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintendoLink wrote:

Short answer, yes.
Longer answer; the biggest problems for me is the lack of games, and that they seem to be so stubborn when it comes to staying updated to the modern world with online,connectivity, streaming, online coop games or online in general etc.
And i really hate the path they are taking with the few games I/we - were/are looking forward to, like NSMB, galaxy and 2d/3d mario. Its gone from a mature Mario64 that gave people a challenge and a sence of freedom or room for creativity, to chidlish mario thats linear, wierd and no skill demanding at all.
Seems like they think the age group 15-40 is OK because we have been given COD, AC, batman etc, but they are all bad games and even to late. And we that buy a Nintendo, dont buy a nintendo for COD, we buy a Nintendo for Mario, zelda, donkey kong, secret mana, pocky and rocky, Yoshi, banjo and kazooie, luigis mansion, Metroid, megaman etc etc etc etc... and thats skill demanding.
And ofcourse new ips... where are they ? Zombie U ? gtfo...

you are wrong. About literally everything you said is wrong.

Ok, whats wrong ?
Mario is not dumbed down ?
They dont lack games ?
They are just as updated as their competitors on online service ?
Have they released some new solid ips ?

Reason i ask is because its so easy to say "your wrong".

I was wondering that myself.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

dizzy_boy

27. Posted:

It's fair to say that Nintendo have screwed up at some point with every gen of home console since the NES, which is why Nintendo are now pretty much effed.
I'll list them off shall I, during the NES and SNES era's Nintendo were supposedly pretty hard on the third parties. They screwed over Sony and Phillips with the SNES disk drive. The N64 stayed with cartridges and decided to make the N64 hard to program for, these combined lost Nintendo most of their third party support, especially when Sony were doing better deals to program for the PS1. The gamecube used mini cd's instead of dvd's, dvd's obviously held more data. The wii went family friendly, and they decided to go cheap on the hardware. Once again Nintendo went cheap on the WiiU, and rather than redesigning the console it looks like a slightly larger Wii with the face buttons in a diferent places.
Nintendo have themselves to blame for their current situation, no one else.
Thing is, Nintendo were seriosly lucky that people bought into the wiimote and nunchuck, because they've not had decent third party support since the SNES, and what they did have has been slipping away to now where it's almost non existant.
Nintendo are lucky enough that they have an internal software development team, plus a few dedicated 2nd party dev's, but, it's getting to a point where even they're now being over stretched and rushing around to fill gaps in their line up because there's no support.
Is it really any suprise then that people are getting playstations and xboxes to gill the void. If Nintendo hadn't made so many mistakes, they wouldn't be in the position they're in, and loyal Nintendo fans wouldn't be reaching out to their sony and MS products would they.

http://www.gamercreated.com/user/id/17078
http://www.youtube.com/plotyourdownfall
NNID: Dr_Dizzy
i`ve been a slave from the cradle to the grave.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PuzzleMaster7

28. Posted:

dizzy_boy wrote:

It's fair to say that Nintendo have screwed up at some point with every gen of home console since the NES, which is why Nintendo are now pretty much effed.

Untitled

There is no puzzle without a solution!
Avatar

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7 | Twitter: PuzzleMaster7

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HandheldGuru97

29. Posted:

Dark-Luigi wrote:

DanMan82 wrote:

DestinyMan wrote:

As long as Nintendo keeps making good games, that's what I care about, and that won't be changing anytime soon.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems and games!!!!!!!!!!
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97
And my Blog! HandheldBlog

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpookyMeths

30. Posted:

NintendoLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintendoLink wrote:

Short answer, yes.
Longer answer; the biggest problems for me is the lack of games, and that they seem to be so stubborn when it comes to staying updated to the modern world with online,connectivity, streaming, online coop games or online in general etc.
And i really hate the path they are taking with the few games I/we - were/are looking forward to, like NSMB, galaxy and 2d/3d mario. Its gone from a mature Mario64 that gave people a challenge and a sence of freedom or room for creativity, to chidlish mario thats linear, wierd and no skill demanding at all.
Seems like they think the age group 15-40 is OK because we have been given COD, AC, batman etc, but they are all bad games and even to late. And we that buy a Nintendo, dont buy a nintendo for COD, we buy a Nintendo for Mario, zelda, donkey kong, secret mana, pocky and rocky, Yoshi, banjo and kazooie, luigis mansion, Metroid, megaman etc etc etc etc... and thats skill demanding.
And ofcourse new ips... where are they ? Zombie U ? gtfo...

you are wrong. About literally everything you said is wrong.

Ok, whats wrong ?
Mario is not dumbed down ?
They dont lack games ?
They are just as updated as their competitors on online service ?
Have they released some new solid ips ?

Reason i ask is because its so easy to say "your wrong".

  • Nintendo's online platform is designed with 1st party titles in mind. This should not bother you, as you said yourself that you don't care about 3rd party titles on Wii U.
  • Mario has never been "mature" and that's a silly assertion. It has always been a kid-friendly platformer. You've also conveniently ignored any Mario titles that didn't fit what are, in your opinion, easy and linear.
  • CoD, AC, and Batman are all objectively good games. That say otherwise is completely ridiculous.
  • You really need to decide if you care about 3rd party games or not, whether you care about older gamers or not, and if you care about online play or not.
  • Nintendo's stable of IP is gigantic, and they're not in the business of creating new IP just 'cuz. If they have a concept for a game, they first see if it fits with an existing IP. If not, they create a new one. Like Pikmin.

What, like full moons, silver bullets, and eyebrows that join in the middle?

AuthorMessage
AvatarAdmin

theblackdragon

31. Posted:

i'm still playing the heck outta pokemon x/y, and then i've got FE:A to fall back on once i'm done there, so me and Nintendo are still BFFs afaic

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SomeBitTripFan

32. Posted:

My patience with them fell off a cliff a month or two ago. After the absolutely terrible launches of the 3DS and Wii U, both of which I bought day one, the killing my favorite Nintendo franchise (I'm not here to debate this. If you've read my comments before you know what I'm talking about. Don't bring it up.), the nickle and diming Nintendo has started to do with more recent games, and with how they don't even listen to fans anymore, not to mention what all y'all have brought up, I just can't defend, and in cases, talk against Nintendo. I'm fighting to get them to pay attention, to the point that I'm trying to build up what is currently a one man MiiVerse protest group, but the jingling of coins seems to be all Nintendo can hear now.

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

33. Posted:

NintendoLink wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

NintendoLink wrote:

Short answer, yes.
Longer answer; the biggest problems for me is the lack of games, and that they seem to be so stubborn when it comes to staying updated to the modern world with online,connectivity, streaming, online coop games or online in general etc.
And i really hate the path they are taking with the few games I/we - were/are looking forward to, like NSMB, galaxy and 2d/3d mario. Its gone from a mature Mario64 that gave people a challenge and a sence of freedom or room for creativity, to chidlish mario thats linear, wierd and no skill demanding at all.
Seems like they think the age group 15-40 is OK because we have been given COD, AC, batman etc, but they are all bad games and even to late. And we that buy a Nintendo, dont buy a nintendo for COD, we buy a Nintendo for Mario, zelda, donkey kong, secret mana, pocky and rocky, Yoshi, banjo and kazooie, luigis mansion, Metroid, megaman etc etc etc etc... and thats skill demanding.
And ofcourse new ips... where are they ? Zombie U ? gtfo...

you are wrong. About literally everything you said is wrong.

Ok, whats wrong ?
Mario is not dumbed down ?
They dont lack games ?
They are just as updated as their competitors on online service ?
Have they released some new solid ips ?

Reason i ask is because its so easy to say "your wrong".

1. While they can be stubborn towards online, the entire focus and dare I say, point, of Wii U focuses heavily on local multiplayer to the point that during the post E3 Direct in 2012 Iwata brought up some book I've never read to demonstrate people's increasing reliance on the internet, including (and I distinctly remember) a picture of a family together but focusing on their laptops. The entire thing came across as genuine, even if it also clearly a good business opportunity considering Nintendo's family friendly approach. Though at the same time they have to have some online to meet the minimum requirements of modern gaming. Any slowness to get certain aspects working (they've already done better than I was expecting tbh) has probably because unlike a lot of gaming companies Nintendo doesn't rely on 100s upon 100s of people for every single thing in order to get things done quicker. They are too conservative at points, I agree, but compared to other gaming companies spending money to worrisome degrees, I'm not gonna get too mad at Nintendo by comparison.
2. Mario 64 isn't that challenging and the extra worlds in every Mario for years have been more challenging than it.
3.You literally said you were looking forward to Mario games and then complained about Mario games being too easy. Back to back.
4. The fact that people buy Nintendo for only Nintendo is at least equally the fault of the consumer. I am not changing my opinion of this.
5. Almost no one would call the Batman games or Assassin's Creed games bad. Or Injustice. Or RE: Revelations.
6. No one ever bought a console for Pocky and Rocky. I'm not even sure people would remember that game exists if it wasn't for Game Grumps.
7. Even ignoring quite a few downloadable titles, Xenoblade and Wonderful 101.
8. Ignoring ZombiU is stupid, considering it has been compared to Dark Souls and has some of the best use of the Wii U's features. And I'm not even a fan of the game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

34. Posted:

I only care for their games, as a company/business they are stupid and I don't really care for them. I feel like they are so old fashioned, I feel like all the head honchos are probably a bunch of old stubborn japanese men who are afraid of change and online most likely because they don't understand it (also odds are they still believe that commiting seppuku is the best answer to life's problems LOL J/k). My patience would only be wearing thin if there weren't other consoles/games out there. The swapnote thing did bother me because I did have some really good friends on there (I know you're all thinking "why didn't you add them on FB or something?" and that was because swapnote allowed me to be friends with people but also maintain boundaries I wasn't going to add a 15 yr old to my FB when I'm in my early 20s it's weird and we all know it). I don't mind that nintendo worries about the kids but not all of use are kids (some of us can handle religious references in our games, play M rated games, and handle a console that's more complex than a fisher price toy).

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

WaLzgi

35. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

And what do you suggest that they do in the face of such a controversy? They may not be able to moderate Swapnote, so stopping it entirely was their best option.

They could've emphasised parental supervision more. My mother didn't even know my 3DS had parental controls when I first got it. They could've also just disabled photo sharing. Of course, if they had universal accounts this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place, as the offenders could just be banned.

Which would require moderation in the first place.

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

36. Posted:

Only care for games. I really don't care about the rest.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheLilK98

37. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

TheLilK98 wrote:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

And what do you suggest that they do in the face of such a controversy? They may not be able to moderate Swapnote, so stopping it entirely was their best option.

They could've emphasised parental supervision more. My mother didn't even know my 3DS had parental controls when I first got it. They could've also just disabled photo sharing. Of course, if they had universal accounts this wouldn't even be an issue in the first place, as the offenders could just be banned.

Which would require moderation in the first place.

With accounts victims could report and screenshot misuse, making moderation much easier.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage
Avatar

NintendoLink

38. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

  • Nintendo's online platform is designed with 1st party titles in mind. This should not bother you, as you said yourself that you don't care about 3rd party titles on Wii U.
  • Mario has never been "mature" and that's a silly assertion. It has always been a kid-friendly platformer. You've also conveniently ignored any Mario titles that didn't fit what are, in your opinion, easy and linear.
  • CoD, AC, and Batman are all objectively good games. That say otherwise is completely ridiculous.
  • You really need to decide if you care about 3rd party games or not, whether you care about older gamers or not, and if you care about online play or not.
  • Nintendo's stable of IP is gigantic, and they're not in the business of creating new IP just 'cuz. If they have a concept for a game, they first see if it fits with an existing IP. If not, they create a new one. Like Pikmin.

You know what, all that is bull in my opinion. Its like saying "its not messy here" when the whole thing is a clusterlove.
Please watch the profanity — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

39. Posted:

It's not so much that my patience has worn thin, but rather that I'm sad my expanding tastes have no place in Nintendo's ecosystem. Yes, Nintendo still puts out some of the best games ever made, but their consoles have mostly become vehicles for Nintendo games and that's it. The lack of games from other developers and any push for an on-par online system really conflict with my expanding tastes, leaving me to spend much more time on my PC than on my current Nintendo consoles.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

randomlypikachu

40. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

In the past few weeks we've seen the headlines. Many apps are being recalled because of child safety concerns.

before I get started here I gota ask ... are there other apps that got recalled for that reason? I know there was swapnote which honestly no one seemed to care much about until they cut spotpass for it. I know there was flipnotes friend gallery getting cut. outside of that though was there anything else that's been recalled? also wouldn't swapnote have just been rendered pointless anyway since (assuming I remember right, but please correct me if im wrong) 3DS will have miiverse soon anyway? plus you cant exchange notes with people without being friends, so (considering you need to exchange friend codes to know each other) shouldn't that imply that you still have another way to communicate with whoever it is you cant exchange notes with anymore?

as for my answer, as long as Nintendo keeps providing me with fun and enjoyable games then I don't think i'll lose patience for them :)

just a nintendo gamer on a nintendo related site (who wouldve seen that one coming?)
the random user name randomly became a Pikachu.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/797210197/cube-and-me - interesting kickstarter idea