Wii U Forum

Topic: Is your patience with Nintendo wearing thin?

Showing 161 to 168 of 168

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeLove

161. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

But you claim that you're "playing devil's advocate most of the time" so I guess that gives you a right to be the opposite/negative guy, huh?

Ummm...yeah. That's the definition of 'devil's advocate'.

And plenty of people here give me smart mouth comments (like I just did above), and it's all in good fun as far as I'm concerned. As long as nobody is personally insulting somebody, what is the problem? If you don't like what I say or disagree with me, no problem! Lets debate it, or you can choose to ignore it.

No reason to take things so personally!

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

162. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

I honestly see more negative people like you on here compared to ignorant fans.

You'll see an even mix of both if you visit even a single comment section of a news article on this site.

But um...I should probably stay out of this discussion. -_-;

I'm headed to the food thread. I'm in the mood to talk about pie.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeLove

163. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

I'm just playing devil's advocate most of the time, since if no one voiced a dissenting opinion, most of these discussions would be horribly boring and one-sided (i.e. Nintendo rules! They can do no wrong! etc....).

I'd like to see some examples of these supposed blinded fanboys who believe Nintendo can do no wrong. Just because I'm a fan of the company doesn't mean I'm blind to facts or reason. I honestly see more negative people like you on here compared to ignorant fans.

This is neither the time or the place for this discussion, but any forum discussion topic that is believed to be 'anti-Nintendo' here is filled with dozens of people who defend Nintendo, often blindly, while there is a much smaller group who criticize them. If it wasn't for this latter group providing a differing viewpoint, there would be nothing interesting being discussed. Name me one successful talk show that doesn't feature varying points of view? Same thing for online forums.

That's all I haven't say on this issue! Lets move on.

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

164. Posted:

@FutureAlphaMale: Its not so much the position of someone its how you word things. I have to agree that when you post you tend to post with snide remarks. No one is saying you have to be upbeat and love Nintendo but you dont have to be rude or unpleasant cause someone doesn't agree with you.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

tebunker

165. Posted:

Blastoise-san wrote:

@FutureAlphaMale I brought up your comment with the Mod, @ScroogeMcLz because it was a good example of how smart-mouth your comments can be at times. I don't think a Moderator deserves special treatment but they are HUMAN BEINGS. Treat others like you wanna be treated.
How would you like it if others to start giving you smart-mouth comments at stuff you say?
I can do that.
But you claim that you're "playing devil's advocate most of the time" so I guess that gives you a right to be the opposite/negative guy, huh?

I would just stop arguing with him. Ignore him and he will go away. Arguing on the web is like wrestling with a pig, you both get dirty but the pig likes it.

tebunker

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MikeLove

166. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

@FutureAlphaMale: Its not so much the position of someone its how you word things. I have to agree that when you post you tend to post with snide remarks. No one is saying you have to be upbeat and love Nintendo but you dont have to be rude or unpleasant cause someone doesn't agree with you.

It's all in good fun. If I can get someone with a zinger, I will do it. If its something I actually have a stronger opinion about, I will write a longer post arguing my stance.

Again, scroll through any 'argumentative' thread on this forum and you will see dozens of people posting snide remarks or dismissive images/gifs to other posters or comments they don't agree with.

Lets move on...this thread is way off topic at this point.

Untitled

MikeLove

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Tasuki

167. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Again, scroll through any 'argumentative' thread on this forum and you will see dozens of people posting snide remarks or dismissive images/gifs to other posters or comments they don't agree with.

Untitled

And yet you do the same. I love it.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage
Avatar

OptometristLime

168. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Lets move on...this thread is way off topic at this point.

Untitled

"Move on"... to your next train wreck? :P

Untitled

I'm still ogling this one!

Miyamoto on his desire to focus more on the (hard)core Nintendo fan.

[The casual] attitude is, ‘okay, I am the customer. You are supposed to entertain me.’ [...] and to me it’s kind of a pathetic thing.

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.