Wii U Forum

Topic: I was thinking of getting call of duty black ops 2 for wii u, but...

Showing 41 to 60 of 81

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

41. Posted:

KaiserGX wrote:

All games are repetitive. That is their nature.

Which is my point. Good job comprehending that.

You're slipping KaiserGX.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

42. Posted:

Almost all platformers are running, jumping and collecting. Every single First-Person shooter can be argued as having the same basic formula. That's a terrible way to argue repetition.

It's more like this. If you take a recipe and follow it strictly 10 times but give it a different shape (since I have no comparison for maps) it'll still taste the same.
If you take a recipe and add a few ingredients but nothing to completely alter the taste of the base, there will be a bit of a difference in taste.

I have not tried the RTS, so that changes everything. However, the core game has no true change as far as I recall.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

43. Posted:

Any genre can be argued as having the same formula. Nintendo's franchises are no exception regardless of temporary innovations.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

alandd

44. Posted:

I have a very quick internet connection, this evening i was playing in a lobby where all participants had 4 bar strength signal. The lag was appalling.

alandd

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

45. Posted:

Giving a literal meaning to the word repetitive.

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

46. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Any genre can be argued as having the same formula. Nintendo's franchises are no exception regardless of temporary innovations.

That's the point I was trying to make.

Temporary innovations make a series feel much, MUCH fresher. Ignoring those, then you are left with the basic formula. If there are none, then it'll feel very repetitive.

Imagine a plate of cookies that are all sugar/plain, then one where each one has something different added.

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAB

47. Posted:

Thread has become repetitive ;)

MAB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cheaptrick

48. Posted:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Thread has become repetitive ;)

It looks like it.

OVERCLOCK.NET OFFICIAL WII U OWNERS CLUB

Cheaptrick's Project "Silent Scout"

Cheaptrick's GTX 680 SC Modding

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

49. Posted:

Though, you're not getting my point. Regardless of innovation, every game can be called repetitive and remain appropriate.

It's that easy.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

50. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine is the only exception to this analysis. Even then, the player is still running, jumping and collecting. Plus, if we had to get technical, Black Ops II's RTS option is innovation and nerfs the repetition.

Why would you use that game as an example when Super Mario Galaxy, which was probably the most innovative game of the past decade is also a 3D mario game.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

51. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Any genre can be argued as having the same formula. Nintendo's franchises are no exception regardless of temporary innovations.

Why don't you just go join some Playstation or Xbox communtiy and just stay away. I'm sick of you hating and putting down Nintendo. And yes I put Call of Duty down and put Nintendo games up, but we ended this argument hours ago. I come back hours later and still see you duking it out with other NL users. Just get a freaking life!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

52. Posted:

Cheaptrick wrote:

MadAussieBloke wrote:

Thread has become repetitive ;)

It looks like it.

More like this thread has gotten extremely off topic and turned into a which game is more innovative competition.
And yes I put myself at blame along with most of the rest of you.

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

53. Posted:

Super Mario Sunshine differentiated from the Mario formula more than any other 3D installment.


No, I don't need to leave NL because I said Nintendo's games are just a repetitive as Call of Duty. If you take that as an insult, then that's your problem, not mine.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Klimbatize

54. Posted:

This is stupid. Just because every video game has some repetition in it, doesn't mean all video games are equally repetitive. Some are more repetitive than others. Now, that doesn't mean it's a bad game. Some people like the repetition because they enjoy the basic gameplay enough to keep doing it over and over again.

The black/white argument Chrono_Cross keeps using is illogical to real life. There are different levels of repetitiveness. It's not all or nothing.

And before you throw out the "You don't understand my point" line, which you do whenever you are usually beaten in these dumb online arguments, trust me, I do understand your point.

A person without a sense of humor is like a wagon without springs. It's jolted by every pebble on the road.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

55. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

All games are repetitive. That is their nature.

Which is my point. Good job comprehending that.

You're slipping KaiserGX.

You have no point. All you do is troll around. Also don't ever respond to anything I say. I don't care about anyone's opinions on here except for a small selection. Come up with some new material mang. Don't copy and paste Joseph.

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

HawkeyeWii

56. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Super Mario Sunshine differentiated from the Mario formula more than any other 3D installment.


No, I don't need to leave NL because I said Nintendo's games are just a repetitive as Call of Duty. If you take that as an insult, then that's your problem, not mine.

I'm just sick and tired of seeing you getting in an argument with someone every where I turn. Like lighten up! Holy shit!
I think it is extremely ironic that you started the "Your favorite Nintendo Life user" when you are by far the worst I have seen. And it helps my argument that nearly every single time I see you in any thread you are always starting up an argument and keeping the fire stoked. I think your biggest problem is that you don't realize you are doing it.
I am smart enough and courteous to say that it was my fault when I am in an arguement. Grow up! @Chrono_Cross

Edited on by HawkeyeWii

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage
Avatar

KaiserGX

57. Posted:

Aww I kinda miss Waltz Elf now...

Kachou on!

3DS Friend Code: 4296-4029-9396 | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

AuthorMessage
Avatar

swordx

58. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

swordx wrote:

Kid Icarus is NOT repetitive.

Please elaborate.

Keep in mind that alk games have some repetition, and I was more so trying to say that it doesn't have that much compared to the average game.

Kid Icarus (NES) and Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (GB) are probably some of the least repetitive games ever made. The gameplay varies to the point where you can barely tell that it's the same game at points. Sometimes it's a vertical scroller, sometimes horizontal, and sometimes even a horizontal arcade-styled shooter where you can fly! There are even dungeons to explore! It's definitely not repetitive.

KI:U is probably about equal to the others in terms of how repetitive it is. There are ground sections and flying sections, so that half the game has one form of gameplay, and the other half has another. The environment and its enemies also vary greatly, so you have many different game mechanics. The vehicles also break things up a bit, as does the Magnus level. Kid Icarus is NOT repetitive.

swordx

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PhoenixUltra

59. Posted:

Mario games, you jump and jump, call of duty you shoot and shoot. all games have some kind of repetitive action. I enjoy shooters and action adventure games. Take a look at zelda or darksiders, really good series. yet they are repetitive natures. like constant puzzles and dungeon crawling. Does not matter how repetitive they are I'm used to it and enjoy them.

Wii U future of gaming.

3DS Friend Code: 4167-5558-2915 | Nintendo Network ID: ugene4000

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

60. Posted:

Sometimes I question that the concept of sophisticated discussion even exists. :(

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Sorry, this topic has been locked.