Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 446

DefHalan

So I just pre-ordered Captain Toad on the Nintendo site, then found out that I won't be charged until the game comes out and I have to wait for a code in my e-mail on DDecember 5th. Don't Pre-Order

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CanisWolfred

DefHalan wrote:

So I just pre-ordered Captain Toad on the Nintendo site, then found out that I won't be charged until the game comes out and I have to wait for a code in my e-mail on DDecember 5th. Don't Pre-Order

...was that a joke? Because that's...exactly what you'd expect from a pre-order. They shouldn't charge you until the release date, and they won't give you a code until it comes out, what else did you expect?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

...was that a joke? Because that's...exactly what you'd expect from a pre-order. They shouldn't charge you until the release date, and they won't give you a code until it comes out, what else did you expect?

I expected the game to download to my Wii U automatically when the game is released, which is what was said in the Nintendo Direct would happen. I also would rather them charge me right away for the game. I only Pre-Order games when I have funds that may disappear by the time the game releases. So I am currently trying to get a refund since it normally takes them hours to send me an e-mail for codes compared to my friends. I would rather just purchase the game from the eShop myself if that is the case.

Ryno

CanisWolfred wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Untitled

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryno

DefHalan wrote:

I expected the game to download to my Wii U automatically when the game is released, *which is what was said in the Nintendo Direct *
would happen.

Are you sure they said that?

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

DefHalan

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I expected the game to download to my Wii U automatically when the game is released, *which is what was said in the Nintendo Direct *
would happen.

Are you sure they said that?

Just watched it again 9it is at the 11:30 mark) they say you can redeem your code automatically and it will start to download on your Wii U, guess that isn't possible for Pre-Orders. That is too bad, they still say I can cancel my Pre-Order which I am going to. I guess this keeps Pre-Ordering as worthless as ever.

Ryno

DefHalan wrote:

Just watched it again 9it is at the 11:30 mark) they say you can redeem your code automatically and it will start to download on your Wii U, guess that isn't possible for Pre-Orders. That is too bad, they still say I can cancel my Pre-Order which I am going to. I guess this keeps Pre-Ordering as worthless as ever.

Yeah, if they say they are going to email you a code on release day you will still have to enter manually it after receiving it. I never got the impression that you buy online and it will know to go a head and download it to your system automatically with doing nothing else. This is Nintendo here, expect that to maybe be possible in 2017.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

DefHalan

Ryno wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Yeah, if they say they are going to email you a code on release day you will still have to enter manually it after receiving it. I never got the impression that you buy online and it will know to go a head and download it to your system automatically with doing nothing else. This is Nintendo here, expect that to maybe be possible in 2017.

Aren't they going to be doing the pre-download stuff with Smash and other games? I remember some news recently about that and figured that announcement was connected to this. Oh well, as long as I get my refund not a big deal. I will just continue not to pre-order games lol

Ryno

DefHalan wrote:

Aren't they going to be doing the pre-download stuff with Smash and other games? I remember some news recently about that and figured that announcement was connected to this. Oh well, as long as I get my refund not a big deal. I will just continue not to pre-order games lol

I think if you preorder it directly on the Wii U system, but not on the Nintendo web site (at least yet anyway).

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Yoshi

Sleeping is part of the puzzle! If you sleep, then it makes the enemies want to sleep, and then you can progress!

Ok, maybe not.

Formally called brewsky before becoming the lovable, adorable Yoshi.
Now playing:
Final Fantasy XIV (PC) | The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch) | Celeste (Switch)

Nintendo Network ID: brewsky93

Octane

cookiex wrote:

I just noticed this but stage 66 seems to be a recreation of the first level in Mario 3D World.

The trees in the background seem fake though, like paper. I think there's more going on than just a recreation of the 3D World level.

Octane

jump

I wonder if I pre-order this on-line in the UK I might get it days early? With the post office being closed for Xmas and New Year plus the usual extra post at that time of year they might have to send it very in advance.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Inkling

arronishere wrote:

I wonder if I pre-order this on-line in the UK I might get it days early? With the post office being closed for Xmas and New Year plus the usual extra post at that time of year they might have to send it very in advance.

I might try that

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

lkm

NintyMan wrote:

Captain Toad and Toadette look like they get sleepy often.
Untitled
Untitled
Adventures can be tiring...

lkm

Knux

I'll buy this down the road. It looks like an awesome spin-off of 3D World.

Knux

ClassicJetterz

Preorded. I am very much looking forward to this game. Finally, Toad gets his own game after so many years.

You're blinded by romance, you're blinded by science...
Your condition is critically grave...but don't expect mercy from such an alliance..
Suspicion of tradition's so new wave!

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0397-4153 | Nintendo Network ID: ClassicJetterz

CanisWolfred

And an awesome looking one at that. I'm really impressed with the amount of charm this game seems to put out, and I'm already sold on the gameplay thanks to 3D World. This is the first time I've been this excited for a Mario spin-off since M&L: Partners in Time.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

Literally another awesome looking exclusive hitting the Wii U.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

Blast wrote:

Literally another awesome looking exclusive hitting the Wii U.

I don't think it's literally hitting it, unless you're using it to hit the Wii U. But then that's technically you hitting the Wii U. So stop hitting your Wii U, Blast. We aren't cavemen.

Untitled

Wii have Technology.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Andyliini

Found it for preorder, only cost 37€. Couldn't pass a deal like that. That's about the same price I paid for Tropical Freeze, too.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.