Forums

Topic: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - OT

Posts 241 to 260 of 446

jariw

aiat_gamer wrote:

Hmmm, no matter how hard I try I cant understand why is this a full on retail release...this could be a dlc for 3D world.

I can't see how this would fit into 3D World. 70+ levels, most levels considerably larger and complex than the 3D World ones, an extra playable character, bosses, (what seems like) a story, different foes, and so on.

And this is a retail release in the budget price range. Since CT:TT is single player only, it would fit badly with the general multi-player nature of 3D World (which only the Captain Toad levels disrupts). And if a player only wants CT:TT, it would seem like a bad idea to be forced to buy 3D World to play it.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

kkslider5552000

At most you could compare it to Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, which was DLC but was also entirely standalone. Even Luigi U could be bought on its own at a store, and it was literally just more NSMBU levels but with a couple of twists not a gigantic expansion of a minor part of the game.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

aiat_gamer wrote:

Hmmm, no matter how hard I try I cant understand why is this a full on retail release...this could be a dlc for 3D world.

''a full on retail release'', how is that different from a regular retail game? This game isn't going to be $60 either; I don't see the problem with smaller games. It's as if everything should be either an eShop exclusive game or DLC for some, if it isn't a $60 game...

Octane

aiat_gamer

Octane wrote:

aiat_gamer wrote:

''a full on retail release'', how is that different from a regular retail game? This game isn't going to be $60 either; I don't see the problem with smaller games. It's as if everything should be either an eShop exclusive game or DLC for some, if it isn't a $60 game...

Huh, I did not know about the price...but yeas if it is not a 60 dollar game why wouldn't it be just a eshop game? They could have even released it cheaper.

aiat_gamer

kkslider5552000

aiat_gamer wrote:

Octane wrote:

aiat_gamer wrote:

Huh, I did not know about the price...but yeas if it is not a 60 dollar game why wouldn't it be just a eshop game? They could have even released it cheaper.

Because releasing games at a store is significant for people to know it exists.

Also because retail games and 60 dollar games needing to be the same is killing certain parts of AAA gaming right now.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

Pahvi wrote:

So, not cream-of-the-crop like one would expect mainline Mario games to be, but nothing too shoddy either?

It isn't a mainline Mario game tho.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Jacob717

I played the first three levels at GameStop. They were fun, but very short. I hope the later levels are longer.

Jacob717

jariw

Kind of interesting that CT:TT isn't mentioned at all on the new Holiday Gift Guide web site. Perhaps they only list games that will be available at Black Friday? Or perhaps it will be put there after a Nintendo Direct?

Dipper723 wrote:

I played the first three levels at GameStop. They were fun, but very short. I hope the later levels are longer.

Were they identical to the E3 demo levels?

Edited on by jariw

jariw

jump

NintyMan wrote:

@Pahvi: What do you mean? Eights and nines are typical Mario scores.

Here's the previous 3D Mario games scores;

Super Mario 64: 39/40
Super Mario Sunshine: 38/40
Super Mario Galaxy: 38/40
Super Mario Galaxy 2: 37/40
Super Mario 3D Land: 38/40
Super Mario 3D World: 38/40

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Octane

Nintendogs scored higher than, say, Twilight Princess, so I don't really care about Famitsu scores. I'm sure the game will be fun nontheless.

Octane

Jacob717

jariw wrote:

Kind of interesting that CT:TT isn't mentioned at all on the new Holiday Gift Guide web site. Perhaps they only list games that will be available at Black Friday? Or perhaps it will be put there after a Nintendo Direct?

Dipper723 wrote:

Were they identical to the E3 demo levels?

The levels were Plucky Path Beginnings, Mushroom Mesa, and The King of Pyropuff Peak.

The first one had 3 Shy Guys instead of 1, the Pyropuff Peak one is the same, and Mushroom Mesa wasn't shown at E3.

Jacob717

jariw

NintyMan wrote:

Japanese commercials:

A 10 minute Japanese video (do with it what you will):

I liked the long video with the woman and the girl playing the game together. Even though it's a commercial, I felt like their reactions were true and it was actually them playing and enjoying the game.

jariw

Octane

WaveWarlock wrote:

As beautiful as the visuals look, Nintendo really should of spiced up the backgrounds outside of the in-game environments instead of just having skies and clouds. ....Makes it feel barren and lifeless, but the same thing could of been said for both Super Mario galaxy games.

I think that's their intention; so that the focus is on the levels themselves and not the background.

Besides; after Mario Sunshine, I never look at sky and clouds backgrounds the same way again, as they have become the fuel for many nightmares...

Edited on by Octane

Octane

xAlias

LucinaSmash wrote:

Club Nintendo intend to buy survey for this game is now available

Thanks for the heads-up.

xAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

cookiex

I just noticed this but stage 66 seems to be a recreation of the first level in Mario 3D World.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Ryno

WaveWarlock wrote:

As beautiful as the visuals look, Nintendo really should of spiced up the backgrounds outside of the in-game environments instead of just having skies and clouds. ....Makes it feel barren and lifeless,

@WaveWarlock: Kinda like Super Mario Bros. 2.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

MsJubilee

God this game is so adorable,it's killing me .

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

jariw

It's quite a feat just to make 70 levels look so different.

Now waiting for GameXplain to do an analysis on those 70 levels.

jariw

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.