Forums

Topic: 2014 Wii U Software Drought?

Posts 81 to 96 of 96

Datasun_7

There are more exclusives coming out on Wii u than the other systems but the PS4 makes up for it in actual third party support. 2015 looks ace though, and 2014 to an extent; bayo 2, sm4sh, lbp3 last of us etc

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Romeo

i'll never understand these threads..

do some of you people actually ONLY have a Wii U?
there are SO many games getting released each month... on the Wii U, 3DS XL, PC.. and also on PS4 and X1

currently i have a laptop, 3ds xl and a wii u... there are SO many games.. nobody could possibly play them all.. a few days ago (E3) a lot of Nintendo games were announced.. so much stuff to play, but people still talk about "software droughts" :/

surely you all have a PC as well, right? and most of the users here probably also have a 3DS/XL, so where's the problem?

do you want Nintendo to release 4 wii u games each month? quality over quantity.

Romeo

Dreamz

Romeo wrote:

i'll never understand these threads..

do some of you people actually ONLY have a Wii U?
there are SO many games getting released each month... on the Wii U, 3DS XL, PC.. and also on PS4 and X1

currently i have a laptop, 3ds xl and a wii u... there are SO many games.. nobody could possibly play them all.. a few days ago (E3) a lot of Nintendo games were announced.. so much stuff to play, but people still talk about "software droughts" :/

surely you all have a PC as well, right? and most of the users here probably also have a 3DS/XL, so where's the problem?

do you want Nintendo to release 4 wii u games each month? quality over quantity.

You're currently on a site called "NintendoLife" ...

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Romeo

so?
that implies that people ONLY have a wii u and ONLY play wii u games or what?

Romeo

Samurai_Goroh

I actually ONLY have a Wii U. But I don't see no drought, Mario Kart 8 and the free game (Wind Waker HD, btw) will keep me entertained for months, then there's Wii Sports Club and a number of games on eShop. Starting September things are getting pretty massive, Hyrule Warriors, Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad, etc... What drought, people?

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

Datasun_7

Id like to think that most people don't just play Nintendo games on this site, granted I don't get a lot of time to play, but play a nice variety of games on different systems. Eliminating any droughts. And we just got MK8

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

jump

Well we are half way through the year and Ninty have only released 2 games for the Wii U and with the expection of Fit Music the support form the 3rd party has only been movie tie in games so yeah, people have the right to complain, even the 3DS is starting to have a games drought. If Ninty can't support a console with consistent releases they it should be questioned to what are they doing.

Personally I'm quite content, I've got Game & Wario, Zelda Wind Waker & Sonic Lost World to finish off before Hyrule Warriors comes out.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

jariw

arronishere wrote:

Well we are half way through the year and Ninty have only released 2 games for the Wii U and with the expection of Fit Music the support form the 3rd party has only been movie tie in games so yeah, people have the right to complain, even the 3DS is starting to have a games drought. If Ninty can't support a console with consistent releases they it should be questioned to what are they doing.

Personally I'm quite content, I've got Game & Wario, Zelda Wind Waker & Sonic Lost World to finish off before Hyrule Warriors comes out.

There has been quite a few good indie releases lately that to me by far surpass the budget/mid-range range Nintendo titles, such as the NES Remixes, Dr. Luigi and Game & Wario. I have not yet completed Scram Kitty (since I now play that game for a level or so to save one or two additional cats in each gaming session). And I haven't completed Child of Light and a few others yet. And there are a couple of indie titles that I want to get that arrived around the time of the Mario cart release, so I'm not even close to get the VC titles I want to try.

jariw

Sean_Aaron

I only have a Wii U and I'm not feeling a drought since I still have untouched games sitting on my hard drive. I honestly cannot imagine owning another console - just don't have the time (even if I was interested in what's on display for the other machines, which I'm not).

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

WebHead

Eh june-august seems boring for Wii U but after that not really. Besides I'm sure more than half of this forum has at least one other platform to get games on.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

dumedum

On the contrary I feel there is an explosion of games from Nintendo not a drought. Smash Bros, bayonetta 1 and 2, hyrule warriors , sonic boom, captain toad, watch dogs, all the eshop games - there are too many Wii u games in 2014.

Edited on by dumedum

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

jump

dumedum wrote:

On the contrary I feel there is an explosion of games from Nintendo not a drought. Smash Bros, bayonetta 1 and 2, hyrule warriors , sonic boom, captain toad, watch dogs, all the eshop games - there are too many Wii u games in 2014.

Too many games is a huge stretch...

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Sean_Aaron

arronishere wrote:

dumedum wrote:

Too many games is a huge stretch...

Not if you plan on buying all that and you do more with your free time than play games...

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

Arminillo

Wii Sports Club next month, most people recently got Mario Kart 8 and a free game, Golden Sun and Klonoa out recently. It seems like people like to say "there is nothing coming out" and neglect to just play what is already out.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

NinChocolate

I'll be doing a lot or replaying which I like to do to get my dollars worth out of my games

NinChocolate

unrandomsam

dumedum wrote:

There can never be too many. In fact it is better to have only played some of them by the end of the generation. (And have loads left to play).

There is loads of 2D Platformers and Puzzle games. Some 3D Platformers (Of which Lost World is a stand out just because it has some substance to it).

Nothing in loads of other genres.

Bullet Hell and none bullet hell horizontal and verticle shmups. (Wii had Castle of Shigami III / Ultimate Shooting Collection 2).
Proper Fighting game (Wii had Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars - If it doesn't have an Arcade version I am not interested).
Rail Shooter (Wii had Sin and Punishment 2)
Light Gun Type Shooter (Wii had Ghost Squad / House of the Dead Overkill and a few other Arcade/Dreamcast ports).
run n gun (Wii was bad as well but it had the VC).
Racing that is not Mario Kart (Wii had Excite Bots : Trick Racing / Excite Truck).
Warioware - (Wii had one don't think Game and Wario is equivalent but I haven't bought it yet).

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.