Wii U Forum

Topic: 2014 Wii U Software Drought?

Showing 61 to 80 of 104

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

61. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

B) Getting on a high-horse and start severely limiting your pallet of games, such as only playing games that Get a 9.5 or higher from one specific site?
C) Swearing an oath to a single company, thus buying games from them and only them?
D) All of the above?!

You forgot: F) Ignore all new games and declare a "drought" because you refuse to buy anything on a system :O

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

62. Posted:

ScroogeMcLz wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

B) Getting on a high-horse and start severely limiting your pallet of games, such as only playing games that Get a 9.5 or higher from one specific site?
C) Swearing an oath to a single company, thus buying games from them and only them?
D) All of the above?!

You forgot: F) Ignore all new games and declare a "drought" because you refuse to buy anything on a system :O

I will now list the games I was essentially told by the gaming community, does not count as a game:
-Little King's Story
-Muramasa: The Demon Blade
-A Boy and His Blob
-Madworld
-House of the Dead: Overkill
-Silent Hill: Shattered Memories (for the record, the only Silent Hill post-4 anyone likes)
-Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
-Excitebots: Trick Racing
-Klonoa
-that one Rabbids game that wasn't a minigame game that was apparently pretty good
-Deadly Creatures
-the good Ghostbusters game
-De Blob
-Boom Blox
-an apparently awesome Tiger Woods game (with Wiimotion Plus!)
-No More Heroes 2
-Monster Hunter 3

these were all good to really great (and I can confirm, mostly really great) 3rd party Wii retail titles released within 2 years that I remembered off the top of my head. For the Wii. Most of which did not favor the typical Wii audience.

This has been my semi-monthly reminder that if you did not buy these games, you are part of the problem! :D

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

cookiex

63. Posted:

^I love MadWorld. Awesome fun, got me hooked on Platinum Games. <3

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

Datasun_7

64. Posted:

Also that third Sega game could hit in 2014, whatever it is. For some reason I would like it to be a boxed copy of sonic 4 ep 1,2 or something like that, it would be cool. As for the drought, I only picked up my U in early October so there is a fair few games I want to get from early this year like Lego city and Mario Bros u, so from a gamers stand point I'm not that worried because I'll have stuff to play. But because I want Nintendo to succeed, I do worry :P

Looking forward to: Far cry 4, infamous first light, bayo 2, sm4sh and Lbp3
Playing: Mario kart 8, infamous second son, tomb raider definitive and MH3U

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

65. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Um........ if anything 2014 has MORE games than this year.

Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Super Smash Bros U and 3DS
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

All hard hitters and system sellers. And most games probably havent even been announced yet. C'mon people....

No chance Zelda U comes out in 2014, and Watch_Dogs for the Wii-U will very likely be cancelled.

Have any proof to back that prediction up?

About Watch_Dogs? Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is getting strained due to all the money they have lost by releasing games on the Wii-U. When the PS4 and Xbox One are released and sell 3-4 million units each by January, Ubisoft will realize they don't need to support the Wii-U anymore and will instead divert all resources to improving the PS3/PS4/360/Xbox One versions of the game and only release on those systems. Several other Ubisoft next-gen releases have been announced that aren't coming to Nintendo, and their support for the company is coming to an end. When the new Assassins Creed game tanks on the Wii-U, that will be the last straw.

I would be willing to bet money this is what happens.

Untitled

Called it four months ago. Bow down.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Blast

66. Posted:

@JohnRedcorn I can't wait to see your face when it turns out the Wii U version of Watch Dogs is better than all the other platforms... just like Rayman Legends. The Wii U version sales will prolly be awful though.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

67. Posted:

Blast wrote:

@JohnRedcorn I can't wait to see your face when it turns out the Wii U version of Watch Dogs is better than all the other platforms... just like Rayman Legends. The Wii U version sales will prolly be awful though.

Since it won't come out, I guess we can all imagine in our minds that it will be the best version!

Maybe UbiSoft and Sega will join up and release it in a two pack with Aliens: Colonial Marines?

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Ryno

68. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Maybe UbiSoft and Sega will join up and release it in a two pack with Aliens: Colonial Marines?

I would buy the heck out of that two pack.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

69. Posted:

Ryno wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

I would buy the heck out of that two pack.

add Crisis 3 and you have "Cancelled for WiiU" trilogy Pack! ;)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

70. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Untitled

Called it four months ago. Bow down.

>Predicts PS4 and XB1 will sell 4 Million and 3 Million by January
>Predicts Ubisoft will focus Watch_Dogs on other console versions over Wii U
>Previous name was FutureAlphaMale
>Future

It all makes sense.

Untitled

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Blast

71. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Blast wrote:

Since it won't come out, I guess we can all imagine in our minds that it will be the best version!

@JohnRedcorn Watch Dogs for Wii U is just delayed... not cancelled....

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

72. Posted:

Blast wrote:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Blast wrote:

Untitled

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

Ryno

73. Posted:

JohnRedcorn wrote:

Blast wrote:

Untitled

Right now my money is on seeing a UFO before I see Watch_Dogs for the Wii U.

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
I miss Japanese games, the good stuff... Games that are imaginative, have good and unique gameplay, a great soundtrack, and replay value.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

74. Posted:

What's ironic is how third parties want their games to sell on the Wii U but refuse to give them full support, thus giving no one a reason to buy them in the first place. Tell me again what Nintendo should do with the Wii U ;)

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

MAN1AC

75. Posted:

Yea it doesn't take a genius to realize that the 1st half of this year will be very barren for the Wii U.

@Ryno +1 for the Duane avatar.

Four more months until Bayonetta 2.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

76. Posted:

Unca_Lz wrote:

What's ironic is how third parties want their games to sell on the Wii U but refuse to give them full support, thus giving no one a reason to buy them in the first place. Tell me again what Nintendo should do with the Wii U ;)

Exactly. Nintendo can't seem to catch a break with many of the major 3rd parties making half-***** ports then complain that nothing is selling.

On the topic of a 20124 software drought, Nintendo, if they honestly want to save the Wii U, cannot, I repeat, CANNOT allow it to happen. Which is hopefully why they've been expanding development teams and making new buildings for said teams.

Of course, January was already pretty sparse, but that's downtime for gaming in general though.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

DefHalan

77. Posted:

WingedSnagret wrote:

Unca_Lz wrote:

Exactly. Nintendo can't seem to catch a break with many of the major 3rd parties making half-***** ports then complain that nothing is selling.

On the topic of a 20124 software drought, Nintendo, if they honestly want to save the Wii U, cannot, I repeat, CANNOT allow it to happen. Which is hopefully why they've been expanding development teams and making new buildings for said teams.

Of course, January was already pretty sparse, but that's downtime for gaming in general though.

But January had the full launch of Wii Fit U, I know it turned out to be a dud compared to Wii Fit for Wii but there was a release in January. I think Nintendo is waiting for DK to launch then like a Week after have a new Nintendo Direct and show off more small games like Dr. Luigi, such as Dillon's Rolling Western for Wii U or a Pushmo type game that uses the GamePad screen in a unique way. I think would be cool to see a DRW on Wii U with some possible Co-op stuff

http://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters
http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/why-console-specs-dont-matter
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/200271/Video_Don_Daglow_on_nextgen_transition_traps_and_treasures.php

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

AuthorMessage

WiiULoveSquid

78. Posted:

So any 1st party releases this summer or nothing until fall? Last E3 Nintendo put out a release calendar graphic but I haven't seen one this year

WiiULoveSquid

AuthorMessage

jariw

79. Posted:

Pushmo World comes in a week. But no retails announced, I think.

Current Top 10: DK:TF, Pikmin 3, MK8, Scram Kitty, SM3DW, LEGO City: Undercover, Wonderful 101, Rayman Legends, Stick it to the Man, Wind Waker HD
Looking forward to:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, SSB U, Affordable Space Adventures, Bayonetta 2, X, Hex Heroes, Yarn Yoshi, and more

AuthorMessage

CaPPa

80. Posted:

WiiULoveGBA wrote:

So any 1st party releases this summer or nothing until fall? Last E3 Nintendo put out a release calendar graphic but I haven't seen one this year

July - Wii Sports Club
September - Hyrule Warriors
October - Bayonetta 2

There doesn't seem to be anything in August, but I'm guessing that they'll fill that with eShop releases.

CaPPa