Forums

Topic: 2014 Wii U Software Drought?

Posts 21 to 40 of 96

NintendoLink

You guys who are not worried, need to see that Nintendo needs more buyers. Their hardcore fans isnt enough. So yes, if they dont get more titles rolling in 2014, it looks ugly.
Many of u can say.. but but " 90 + indie games", Sonic, pikmin, monster hunter etc.. These are not games that reel in the big market.
Zelda "X", mario kart, donkey kong TF, super smash.. thats big titles.
But those 4 isnt enough to make people splash out so much money, they need to show that they got more titles like that coming NOW and not later in a year or 2 or 3.
People are busy enough with their tablets, cellphones, N3dS, other consoles, PCs.. No rush getting a console that is drowning and only get a OK title now and then. To be honest, they havent released 1 single title yet after 1 year, that makes the big market drool for it. Only HD remakes "been there, done that", titles that stir the core market in asia and some mario games that cant reach Mario64 etc up to its knees.

Does this mean im a hater ? no.. im just realistic.

Wii U Mario Kart bundle - Mario kart 8, Monster hunter 3, Donkey Kong Tropical freeze
Wii U Nintendo ID - pockyNNrocky - ADD ME ! :)

3DS Friend Code: 0662-3551-3737 | Nintendo Network ID: POCKYnROCKY

Samurai_Goroh

NintendoLink wrote:

But those 4 isnt enough to make people splash out so much money, they need to show that they got more titles like that coming NOW and not later in a year or 2 or 3.

These four games are not enough to warrant a purchase of the console? I'd argue many will buy it just for Mario Kart, and it's not the Nintendo old loyal fan I'm speaking about, it's the Wii crowd that started with Wii Sports and glued in Mario Kart Wii. Over a third of the 100 million Wii owners bought it.
And just to compare things at the same level, tell me four compelling games to own on PS4 or Xbox One. They must be exclusive and come in 2014. I can think of one in PS4 (Knack) and zero on Xbox.

Edited on by Samurai_Goroh

Samurai_Goroh

JoyBoy

NintendoLink wrote:

You guys who are not worried, need to see that Nintendo needs more buyers. Their hardcore fans isnt enough.

Nobody is discussing that Nintendo is fine as it is with just their hardcore fans. We are talking about if a software drought is coming up, if this really is true, and if this really affects many gamers. Like Samurai explains, we don't all get excited by having more than 2 MUST HAVE games per month. Because we can't afford this. Both in terms of money, and time.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

MikeLove

Longforgotten wrote:

Like Samurai explains, we don't all get excited by having more than 2 MUST HAVE games per month. Because we can't afford this. Both in terms of money, and time.

But not everyone buys all the same games, you know that, right? Two 'must have' games a month for you may be just one must buy for another gamer, or maybe there is just one game they want every two months? For that reason, Nintendo needs to have a steady line-up of games being released monthly so momentum can build for the system. Releasing just 5-6 'big' games in 2014 won't cut it.

MikeLove

rockodoodle

As it stands, I can't afford to get all the games scheduled to come out in the next six months, nor do I have the time to play them all. I'm still busy with Rayman and W101, plus have several that I've played just a few times.

NintendoLink wrote:

You guys who are not worried, need to see that Nintendo needs more buyers. Their hardcore fans isnt enough. So yes, if they dont get more titles rolling in 2014, it looks ugly.
Many of u can say.. but but " 90 + indie games", Sonic, pikmin, monster hunter etc.. These are not games that reel in the big market.
People are busy enough with their tablets, cellphones, N3dS, other consoles, PCs.. No rush getting a console that is drowning and only get a OK title now and then. To be honest, they havent released 1 single title yet after 1 year, that makes the big market drool for it. Only HD remakes "been there, done that", titles that stir the core market in asia and some mario games that cant reach Mario64 etc up to its knees.

Does this mean im a hater ? no.. im just realistic.

rockodoodle

bail

most of their 1st party titles are announced somewhat one year before they actually come out... (mostly because nearly every game is getting delayed...)
so far we have yarn yoshi (whatever happened to that), mk8, ssb4, dkc:tf, maybe zelda? if that's about it, they're gonna have a bad time...

so i hope they are hiding a lot of stuff for a bang next year, or they really should try to release a lot of hd remakes from gamecube/n64.
and if they want to get the casuals back, they should release the best mario party ever, a new mario golf with motion controls and a new mario tennis with motion controls to get their wii sports customers back. because i don't think wii sports club is the game they've been waiting for...

Gaming Appreciation.

Legendary

There is 99% chance Zelda is not coming out next year, though.

Legendary

GuSolarFlare

Legendary wrote:

There is 99% chance Zelda is not coming out next year, though.

the same goes for smash bros. it is known to be delayed(but is also known to feature more content than most people expect from it )

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

moomoo

Wait, people didn't think there'd be a software drought in 2014?

Unless if you play tons of indie games, expect to have long periods of time with nothing coming out. 3rd parties are abandoning the Wii U en masse, and Nintendo just doesn't have enough studios nor the expertise with HD to deliver enough products to prevent a drought.

Heck even with all the titles we know about 7 isn't exactly a great number. What if you don't like the genres/focuses of some of those 7 games? And that's assuming that all of them are coming in 2014 (from what I can tell, they are, but I also thought Pikmin 3 would come during the launch window). Only the most hardcore of Nintendo fans are going to want all 7 of those games.

Now, I play on other systems. The 3DS is doing great right now, and the 360 and PS3 are still delivering solid games. And that's without factoring in the many games that will come with the next generation competition. So I'm fine. But if you've got just a Wii U, be prepared to not always have new games you want to play.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Snagrio

I would imagine close to or the last Nintendo Direct of this year will reveal at least one or two previously unannounced titles for 2014, as well as more specific dates (exact or monthly) for the ones we know of now.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

MikeLove

Guitardude7 wrote:

Um........ if anything 2014 has MORE games than this year.

Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Super Smash Bros U and 3DS
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

All hard hitters and system sellers. And most games probably havent even been announced yet. C'mon people....

No chance Zelda U comes out in 2014, and Watch_Dogs for the Wii-U will very likely be cancelled.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

triforcepower73

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

All hard hitters and system sellers. And most games probably havent even been announced yet. C'mon people....

No chance Zelda U comes out in 2014, and Watch_Dogs for the Wii-U will very likely be cancelled.

Have any proof to back that prediction up?

"The future doesn't belong to you!"
Waiting for: BOTW 2, Metroid Prime 4, Xenoblade Chronicles 3

CanisWolfred

triforcepower73 wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

When was the last time we saw anything from the New Zelda game? Never, that's when. We just know it's in development. Console Zeldas usually take 3+ years to make. I'd expect 2015 at the earliest.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

bail

i doubt watch dogs will be cancelled. but zelda could be delayed to 2015, since it's their biggest title ever (so they say).
but i'm sure they will announce some new stuff in 1-2 months.

Gaming Appreciation.

MikeLove

triforcepower73 wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

About Watch_Dogs? Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is getting strained due to all the money they have lost by releasing games on the Wii-U. When the PS4 and Xbox One are released and sell 3-4 million units each by January, Ubisoft will realize they don't need to support the Wii-U anymore and will instead divert all resources to improving the PS3/PS4/360/Xbox One versions of the game and only release on those systems. Several other Ubisoft next-gen releases have been announced that aren't coming to Nintendo, and their support for the company is coming to an end. When the new Assassins Creed game tanks on the Wii-U, that will be the last straw.

I would be willing to bet money this is what happens.

Edited on by MikeLove

MikeLove

GuSolarFlare

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

About Watch_Dogs? Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is getting strained due to all the money they have lost by releasing games on the Wii-U. When the PS4 and Xbox One are released and sell 3-4 million units each by January, Ubisoft will realize they don't need to support the Wii-U anymore and will instead divert all resources to improving the PS3/PS4/360/Xbox One versions of the game and only release on those systems. Several other Ubisoft next-gen releases have been announced that aren't coming to Nintendo, and their support for the company is coming to an end. When the new Assassins Creed game tanks on the Wii-U, that will be the last straw.

I wanted to counter your argument but I don't even know why Ubisoft supports the WiiU so much.... the WiiU IS great but also was the Game Cube and we all know what happened at that gen, so I wonder why they still make games for it(as a gamer and a Nintendo fan I like that they make the games for WiiU. but as a Computer Engineering Student, that has a great IS class, I just don't see reasoning from a financial point of view)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

MikeLove

GuSilverFlame wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Mario Kart 8
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

I wanted to counter your argument but I don't even know why Ubisoft supports the WiiU so much.... the WiiU IS great but also was the Game Cube and we all know what happened at that gen, so I wonder why they still make games for it(as a gamer and a Nintendo fan I like that they make the games for WiiU. but as a Computer Engineering Student, that has a great IS class, I just don't see reasoning from a financial point of view)

They supported it at the beginning as it was the first 'next-gen' system released. Once the PS4 and Xbox One hit the scene and have the same install base as the Wii-U (which could be by the end of January), there will be no reason whatsoever for UbiSoft to waste time and resources on creating games for Nintendo.

MikeLove

CaviarMeths

It would be dumb for Ubisoft to abort the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs at this point. It's too far in development. They would lose more money cancelling it than they would releasing it as planned.

Also, your "proof" is not proof.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

GuSolarFlare

Jack_Package wrote:

There's a whole lot of supposition going on there.

Ubisoft said, just two months ago, that they believe in the Wii U.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/22/4647874/ubisoft-on-early-wii...

sounds like they have a plan... but now I wonder what kind of plan it might be... seems promissing!

my Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.