Showing 41 to 60 of 104

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

41. Posted:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Um........ if anything 2014 has MORE games than this year.

Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Super Smash Bros U and 3DS
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

All hard hitters and system sellers. And most games probably havent even been announced yet. C'mon people....

No chance Zelda U comes out in 2014, and Watch_Dogs for the Wii-U will very likely be cancelled.

Have any proof to back that prediction up?

About Watch_Dogs? Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is getting strained due to all the money they have lost by releasing games on the Wii-U. When the PS4 and Xbox One are released and sell 3-4 million units each by January, Ubisoft will realize they don't need to support the Wii-U anymore and will instead divert all resources to improving the PS3/PS4/360/Xbox One versions of the game and only release on those systems. Several other Ubisoft next-gen releases have been announced that aren't coming to Nintendo, and their support for the company is coming to an end. When the new Assassins Creed game tanks on the Wii-U, that will be the last straw.

I would be willing to bet money this is what happens.

I wanted to counter your argument but I don't even know why Ubisoft supports the WiiU so much.... the WiiU IS great but also was the Game Cube and we all know what happened at that gen, so I wonder why they still make games for it(as a gamer and a Nintendo fan I like that they make the games for WiiU. but as a Computer Engineering Student, that has a great IS class, I just don't see reasoning from a financial point of view)

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Beetlejuice

42. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

triforcepower73 wrote:

FutureAlphaMale wrote:

Guitardude7 wrote:

Um........ if anything 2014 has MORE games than this year.

Mario Kart 8
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Super Smash Bros U and 3DS
Watch Dogs
Wii Fit U
Bayonetta 2
X
Zelda U

All hard hitters and system sellers. And most games probably havent even been announced yet. C'mon people....

No chance Zelda U comes out in 2014, and Watch_Dogs for the Wii-U will very likely be cancelled.

Have any proof to back that prediction up?

About Watch_Dogs? Ubisoft's relationship with Nintendo is getting strained due to all the money they have lost by releasing games on the Wii-U. When the PS4 and Xbox One are released and sell 3-4 million units each by January, Ubisoft will realize they don't need to support the Wii-U anymore and will instead divert all resources to improving the PS3/PS4/360/Xbox One versions of the game and only release on those systems. Several other Ubisoft next-gen releases have been announced that aren't coming to Nintendo, and their support for the company is coming to an end. When the new Assassins Creed game tanks on the Wii-U, that will be the last straw.

I would be willing to bet money this is what happens.

I wanted to counter your argument but I don't even know why Ubisoft supports the WiiU so much.... the WiiU IS great but also was the Game Cube and we all know what happened at that gen, so I wonder why they still make games for it(as a gamer and a Nintendo fan I like that they make the games for WiiU. but as a Computer Engineering Student, that has a great IS class, I just don't see reasoning from a financial point of view)

They supported it at the beginning as it was the first 'next-gen' system released. Once the PS4 and Xbox One hit the scene and have the same install base as the Wii-U (which could be by the end of January), there will be no reason whatsoever for UbiSoft to waste time and resources on creating games for Nintendo.

Beetlejuice

AuthorMessage

CaviarMeths

43. Posted:

It would be dumb for Ubisoft to abort the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs at this point. It's too far in development. They would lose more money cancelling it than they would releasing it as planned.

Also, your "proof" is not proof.

Courage is the magic that turns durrr into reherrdurr.

AuthorMessage

Jack_Package

44. Posted:

There's a whole lot of supposition going on there.

Ubisoft said, just two months ago, that they believe in the Wii U.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/22/4647874/ubisoft-on-early-wii...

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

45. Posted:

Jack_Package wrote:

sounds like they have a plan... but now I wonder what kind of plan it might be... seems promissing! :D

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Jack_Package

46. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Jack_Package wrote:

sounds like they have a plan... but now I wonder what kind of plan it might be... seems promissing! :D

Well, if I were playing backseat analyst too, I'd guess that they think the hardware sales will grow, so they want to maintain a presence and build a reputation.

Makes sense, don't it?

Jack_Package

AuthorMessage

bail

47. Posted:

i hope they continue to support it, i had a blast with rayman legends and splinter cell blacklist.
i'm not into assasins creed so i won't support that, but child of light and watch dogs look kind of promising.
and of course some day there will be the next far cry!

Gaming Appreciation.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

48. Posted:

CaviarMeths wrote:

It would be dumb for Ubisoft to abort the Wii U version of Watch_Dogs at this point. It's too far in development. They would lose more money cancelling it than they would releasing it as planned.

Also, your "proof" is not proof.

This. The game is basically done already. From my understanding, it was delayed because Ubisoft wanted to release in a time period with less competition.

Even though the Wii U version won't likely make Ubisoft money, it's not like they have much to lose. Even selling 10,000 copies of a game is better than selling zero.

Still, many seem to be forgetting of Ubisoft's future games. The Devision and The Crew aren't coming to Wii U. What do you think it'll look like in 2-3 years when the 360 and PS3 are obselite? Outside of Just Dance and Ubi-art games, the Wii U likely won't be getting much from Ubisoft.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

49. Posted:

Jack_Package wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Jack_Package wrote:

Well, if I were playing backseat analyst too, I'd guess that they think the hardware sales will grow, so they want to maintain a presence and build a reputation.

Makes sense, don't it?

yup makes complete sense. to tell the truth I'm just discussing this and playing the analyst for the sake of killing time while my 3DS recharges, I have a serious policy of not discussing games when I could be playing them(unless it's about the games I'm currently playing and the discussion will help me having more fun with it, when I get tired the only games I could have been playing at the moment or when it's about an upcoming game I want but then my arguments become all about Hype, "it looks awesome" or "I wish I could buy it at launch!" :p)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

audehtv

50. Posted:

I think after Watch Dogs, Ubisoft's faith in Wii U is diminishing... I mean The Crew and The Division aren't announced for the console. I think they're losing faith.

audehtv

Nintendo Network ID: audeh64R8 | Twitter: AlexAudeh

AuthorMessage

Beevdog

51. Posted:

Wii U won't have to worry as they are announcing the new Zelda U at E3 2014 and if you think we don't know what is in the works of Nintendo right now.

We didn't know about the PS4 until February this year so who know Wii U might sell averagly over the next 3 years then Nintendo may have their next Nintendo equivilent PS4 / Xbox One come out that they might be developing right now.

Beevdog

AuthorMessage

SofaKing

52. Posted:

Um, wasnt Watchdogs delayed on PS4 as well? Lets try not to ASSume anything here. Its not even proven that Ubisoft will stop support for the Wii-U. For all we know the Wii-U could have a great comeback this holiday and MORE devs will support the system. Who knows. To just go on hearsay is kinda pathetic as rumors are often just rumors.Lets just see how things ride out.

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude

AuthorMessage

Captain_Balko

53. Posted:

Honestly, I personally could SERIOUSLY use a drought right now. My backlog for Wii U is so large that it's starting to scare me. Off the top of my head, I still have to beat New Super Luigi U, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Zombi U, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Wind Waker HD... Not to mention the Virtual Console titles I haven't started yet. And I just got Batman Arkham Origins on Friday so... yeah, scary, scary backlog. I rarely have time to play due to school, and I feel like I'll get very few games completed before Mario comes out in November - I need a drought where no games that I want come out for two or three months so I can shrink my backlog to a reasonable level. Honestly, I don't know how you guys do it...

Captain_Balko

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

54. Posted:

^ I think they get paid to play games... lucky barstewards

Edited on by theblackdragon

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

55. Posted:

Captain_Balko wrote:

Honestly, I personally could SERIOUSLY use a drought right now. My backlog for Wii U is so large that it's starting to scare me. Off the top of my head, I still have to beat New Super Luigi U, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Zombi U, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, and Wind Waker HD... Not to mention the Virtual Console titles I haven't started yet. And I just got Batman Arkham Origins on Friday so... yeah, scary, scary backlog. I rarely have time to play due to school, and I feel like I'll get very few games completed before Mario comes out in November - I need a drought where no games that I want come out for two or three months so I can shrink my backlog to a reasonable level. Honestly, I don't know how you guys do it...

Have you tried:
A) Quitting your Job(s) and eating Rice cakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
B) Getting on a high-horse and start severely limiting your pallet of games, such as only playing games that Get a 9.5 or higher from one specific site?
C) Swearing an oath to a single company, thus buying games from them and only them?
D) All of the above?!

These tend to help.

But seriously, I just do E) Stop caring about my backlog and just focus on enjoying my games while I can. It seems to do the trick.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

56. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Captain_Balko wrote:

Have you tried:
A) Quitting your Job(s) and eating Rice cakes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner?
B) Getting on a high-horse and start severely limiting your pallet of games, such as only playing games that Get a 9.5 or higher from one specific site?
C) Swearing an oath to a single company, thus buying games from them and only them?
D) All of the above?!

These tend to help.

But seriously, I just do E) Stop caring about my backlog and just focus on enjoying my games while I can. It seems to do the trick.

Breaking news guys. A) doesnt work well in the long term.
On a completely unrelated note, any job openings? I dont have any more rice cake moolah. ):

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

57. Posted:

It depends, do you mean actual software drought or "original IPs/remakes of games you've never played? NO BUY!" drought. Because I could totally buy the latter.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Warruz

58. Posted:

Im kinda surprised the list of the original article did not mention Capcom even as a maybe Sega. Dont think its to far fetched to see a new Monster Hunter iteration work its way over to not only to the west but Wii U by 2014. To bad Nintendo did not snag Vigil for Darksiders 3 that could of easily been a 2014 release.

Edited on by Warruz

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com
Series of articles dealing with ways to improve Wii U Marketing - http://pauseyourgame.com/2013/10/what-nintendo-wii-u-need-to-do-part-1/

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

cookiex

59. Posted:

SofaKing wrote:

Um, wasnt Watchdogs delayed on PS4 as well?

It was delayed on all platforms.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

AuthorMessage

SofaKing

60. Posted:

cookiex wrote:

SofaKing wrote:

Um, wasnt Watchdogs delayed on PS4 as well?

It was delayed on all platforms.

My point exactly! Thanks :-)

Nintendo Network ID: Mitsudude