Forums

Topic: VC Recommendations thread

Posts 501 to 520 of 1,082

manleycartoonist

manleycartoonist wrote:

Alright, I have points. And am currently playing Battle Load Runner. And liking it a lot! I want some suggestions for other games that fall into that similar category. I have Bomberman 93 and Mr. Driller, which I feel are in the same genre. Anyone know of some great games like these?

I was kinda thinking about Wrecking Crew. Any thoughts...

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

Kay, thanks.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

JeanLuc_Vaycard

Looking for some good TG-16 games. Wanting to download Rondo of Blood, but I kinda want to get another TG game. Already have YS Books 1 & 2, Lords of Thunder and Neutopia. I generally like RPG's and strategy games and I know that limits me to Military Madness, but i plan on getting that on Wiiware at another time. Also I'm not really interested in Neutopia II until i finish the first one. So suggest away.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

OverlordMao

Vaynard wrote:

Looking for some good TG-16 games. Wanting to download Rondo of Blood, but I kinda want to get another TG game. Already have YS Books 1 & 2, Lords of Thunder and Neutopia. I generally like RPG's and strategy games and I know that limits me to Military Madness, but i plan on getting that on Wiiware at another time. Also I'm not really interested in Neutopia II until i finish the first one. So suggest away.

Lords Of Thunder. Kicka** soundtrack with live instruments, awesome yet challenging shmup gameplay, and pretty damn good graphics for the time.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

CanisWolfred

Vaynard wrote:

Gates of Thunder? oh, Dragon's Curse is a good pick!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

OverlordMao

@Mickeymac

I prefer Lords of Thunder over its predecessor Gates of Thunder, but I heard that the preference is all in which one a person buys first.

Why do astronauts backtrack?
They forgot the Space Jump Boots.

akacesfan

I'm looking for a good platformer that's 500-600 points. I really like Mario games, that could be something to work off of.

Go Leafs Go!

decision

Hello guys.

I got 4000 points I am trying to spend wisely. bought 5000 just now, and bought super mario 64. Which is one of my favorites of all times. besides super mario 64, I have Zelda: OOC, and pokemon Snap. Pokemon snap half because it's good, and half because of nostalgia

well. I am currently looking at Zelda: A link to the past, super mario bros, super mario bros 3, super mario world and paper mario (64) all the marios are games I had in my childhood, except paper mario. Zelda: A link to the past I am unsure of is good or not, as I haven't played it. By the looks of it, it looks pretty good - But I want to be really sure.

of those, which ones would you recommend?

any other games I should look into, that is in the N64, NES, SNES collection?

thanks =)

decision

CanisWolfred

A Link to the Past is good, but quite a bit different from Ocarina, the same formula's there, though, just with different twists that come from being in 2D. Paper Mario is also recommended. Lots of fan service for long-time Mario fans, and it's just a fun, simple adventure with enough story, action(for a turn-based roleplaying game), and exploration to hold ones attention to the end. Don't expect a challenge, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DannyBoyTheDude

Link to the Past is a really great game. I think you would be missing out more if you didn't play it than if you hadn't played Ocarina of Time.

TTGlider

OK, I'm a couple hours away from deciding to finally buy a Wii. I'll be buying it primarily (or wholly) for Virtual Console. I just have one question... it seems there aren't many puzzle-style games released thus far. In fact the only Panel de Pon / Tetris Attack I see is the N64 Pokemon tie-in. I see the recent review for Magical Drop II- cool. I love puzzle games. Are there many other great puzzle titles on VC? Especially 8 or 16 bit generation. Thanks!

TTGlider

SKTTR

@decision: Get A Link to the Past and Paper Mario! These have priority. Amazing games.

@TTGlider: Mario's Super Picross (SNES) and Wario's Woods (NES) are personal favourites of mine.

Here's a list of other VC puzzle games that are available.
Puyo Puyo Games: Kirby's Ghost Trap (SNES), Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (MD), Puyo Puyo 2 (MD).
Magical Drop Games: Magical Drop II (NG), Magical Drop III (NG).
Columns Games: Columns (MD), Columns III: Revenge of Columns (MD).
Pokémon Puzzle League (N64)
Pac-Attack (SNES)
Shanghai II: Dragon's Eye (MD)

Puzzle platformers and stuff like that too?
Have you looked into Solomon's Key (NES), Solomon's Key (VCA), Lode Runner (NES), Battle Lode Runner (TG), Boulder Dash (C64), Wrecking Crew (NES), Adventures of Lolo (NES), Adventures of Lolo 2 (NES)?
Other classics such as Tetris and Dr. Mario are available on WiiWare. WiiWare also has tons of great new puzzle games and original stuff.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

TTGlider

Puyo Puyo 2... COOL! YES!

Columns III rocks, yes. Pac Attack SNES... GREAT! (now bring SNES Yoshi's Cookie!)

And do we guess that Tetris by name in any version is missing become of licensing issues?

EDIT: on further thought, it's not like my splendid DS incarnations of Planet Puzzle League and Tetris [Tetris DS] will ever leave my living clutches. I should think of the VC as complimenting a lovely DS collection rather than duplicating it on a bigger screen. Yes. One hour left...

Thank you for the suggestions SKTTR. And adventures of Lolo and Soloman's Key and Lode Runner are all old faves of mine, no doubt. Really interested in seeing what the arcade Solomon's Key is like.

Edited on by TTGlider

TTGlider

Pastry

Sup me homey dawgs!!

I have 500 points left and would like to buy an NES game. I'm wondering whether I should grab Blaster Master, Mega Man 2 or 3, a Castlevania game, Lolo or maybe even an arcade game.

I really like RPGs, Platformers and most other games. (I have all of the Marios but not much else)

P.S. I would definitely get Uforia if it weren't 100 points too many.

Alexneon

Castlevania games r a good choice, but if u like RPG games, maybe u should get Final fantasy or Phantasy star but this one is for sega master system.

Edited on by Alexneon

Nintendo Switch FC: 1403-81460918
Gamertag: Alexneon78
PSN ID: Alexneon_

Switch Friend Code: SW-1403-8146-0918 | My Nintendo: Alexneon

Pastry

Alexneon wrote:

Castlevania games r a good choice, but if u like RPG games, maybe u should get Final fantasy or Phantasy star but this one is for sega master system.

I have Final Fantasy IV and Phantasy Star. How would you rate the Castlevania games against Symphony of the Night?

CanisWolfred

pie4prez wrote:

Sup me homey dawgs!!

I have 500 points left and would like to buy an NES game. I'm wondering whether I should grab Blaster Master, Mega Man 2 or 3, a Castlevania game, Lolo or maybe even an arcade game.

I really like RPGs, Platformers and most other games. (I have all of the Marios but not much else)

P.S. I would definitely get Uforia if it weren't 100 points too many.

I'm hesitating to recommend you the Mega Mans since you could always get the Collection for a fraction of the price. But if you need condvicing, I guess Mega Man 2 would be the way to go. Otherwise I'd recommend Blaster Master so long as you're okay with limited continues. I'd also recommend you the Castlevanias, except they're nothing like Symphony of the Night.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SKTTR

pie4prez wrote:

Would you recommend Wario's Woods or Wrecking Crew?

Hello, I like good games I never played before and in case of Wario's Woods and Wrecking Crew I was pleasantly surprised. Both games have great content. 100 stages and additional extras - for just 500pts.

Wario's Woods is a very good, unique action-puzzler. It's hard to recommend though. Either you love it, or it won't mean much to you.

Wrecking Crew is a solid puzzle-platformer with level select and a stage editor. Very good value for 500pts. But don't cheat - only use the level select to get to last stage you haven't beaten.

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Pastry

After playing each for about an hour on vNES.com, I decided to grab drum-roll Wario's Woods. I never realized an NES game could be so great, it was very underrated.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic