Puzzles
RPGS
and i own:
Yoshi Story
SMB2 LL
SSB
OoT
Kirby 64

Do you have Star Fox 64 on a pre-existing N64 console? If not, get it. If so, and you loved it, get Sin & Punishment. It's way harder, but loads of fun, especially on the harder difficulties.

Well no but i played it on N64 (which was my first Star Fox experience) and thanks for reminding me,I do already have Star Fox on VC, so thanks for reminding me! Yea, i was eyeing sin and punishment for too long now, so i guess i'll get it. Anyhting special about it?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

[

Do you have Star Fox 64 on a pre-existing N64 console? If not, get it. If so, and you loved it, get Sin & Punishment. It's way harder, but loads of fun, especially on the harder difficulties.

Well no but i played it on N64 (which was my first Star Fox experience) and thanks for reminding me,I do already have Star Fox on VC, so thanks for reminding me! Yea, i was eyeing sin and punishment for too long now, so i guess i'll get it. Anyhting special about it?

It's intense, especially on the higher difficulties. It's action-packed with tons of enemies that you have to take out and even multiple bosses, a lot of which are really interesting and creative (and hard). Plus, it has a weird story that'll have you going "WTF?!" through most of the game. Plus, changing the difficulty changes the layout of the levels, number of enemies, presence of certain bosses, etc., so there's actually a good reason to play through all of the difficulties once you're done. If all you do is play through easy mode and call it a day, you haven't seen anything.

Word of warning though, the controls are really weird, and take some getting used to. And the default controls suck, make sure you change them in the options menu before you start. After that, you're gonna want to go through the training missions once or twice until you get them down.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Lurch

I bought the nes blaster master today. So far i am impressed by it's gameplay. The tank makes for a great vehicle for combat and exploration, plus being able to leave the tank whenever you want is cool, too!

Lurch

Pastry

Hi, I just got 5000 points and want to buy some good games with them.

These are my favorite genres:
Adventure games
RPGs
Strategy
Puzzle
Platformers

If you want to know what games I already have, my Backloggery is in my signature.

wiiplayer26

In the category of platformer I suggest to you: Super Mario Bros. 2.

In the RPG genre I suggest to you: Final Fantasy 1

In the Adventure genre I suggest to you Dragon's Curse

In Stategy I suggest to you Millitary Madness or Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen.

In Puzzle I suggest to you Yoshi or Wario's Woods.

P.S To get past the guard in Princess Tomato in the Salad Kingdom Show him the gate pass you get from the cabbages. He will reject it. Ask for Percy then Go back to the road and go back to the gate and the guard will be asleep. So just walk past him.

[19:46] wiiplayer26 joined the conversation
[19:47] PhoenixSage: It is teh twenty-sixth wii player. Howdy

"Defend the Underatted, when you know they have nothing wrong with them" Thats my motto.

My official theme song can be found in this video.

http://www.yout...

NotEnoughGolds

pie4prez wrote:

Hi, I just got 5000 points and want to buy some good games with them.

These are my favorite genres:
Adventure games
RPGs
Strategy
Puzzle
Platformers

If you want to know what games I already have, my Backloggery is in my signature.

Adventure: Neutopia II
RPG: Final Fantasy
Puzzle: Kirby's Avalanche
Platformers: Kid Chameleon, Super Mario Bros. 2
Action/Adventure/RPG/Platformer: Zelda II: The Adventure of Link

P.S. To get to world -1, go to World 1-2.
When you reach the pipe exit, do not enter. Jump on top of the pipe. Knock out the 2nd and 3rd blocks from the wall (you must be Super or Fire Mario).
Facing away from the wall, jump left of the remaining block, and float backwards against it. If executed correctly (you'll need patience for this), Mario should slide backward through the wall and into Warp Zone, where a pipe will take you to the minus world.

Edited on by NotEnoughGolds

NotEnoughGolds

Chucko

So I got a second CC controller with mh3. Anyone got any ideas for a good 2 player VC game? I`m thinking of Streets of Rage.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, would you kindly?

NotEnoughGolds

Chucko wrote:

So I got a second CC controller with mh3. Anyone got any ideas for a good 2 player VC game? I`m thinking of Streets of Rage.

Super Mario Kart.

NotEnoughGolds

CanisWolfred

Chucko wrote:

Streets of Rage is a fun two-player game, but it's not a good way to test your new CC, since it only requires 2 buttons for most of the game. I think you'd be better with Street Fighter II or Secret of Mana, or F-Zero/X.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Inigo_Montoyia

I'm thinking about a few games; when I get my next Points card! And here's what I'm thinking!

Sin & Punishment seems like a great game; but is it that all of a great action/shooter?!
Plus is WiiWare's Rage of the Gadiator all that fun & cracked up what it's supposed to be?! I wanna know if it's worth it to play with the Wii Motion Plus!
It's between those two; or I'd choose Mario Golf 64!

And which Megaman game is best to start with; 1, 2, 3, or 4?! I'd rather try & get them in number; but I hear lots of talk that Megaman 2 is the best! But Megaman 4 recently came out; & it may seem easy with how some talk about how the bosses can be?!

"My name is Inigo Montoyia! You killed my father... prepair to die!"

Kingbuilder

Chucko wrote:

Street Fighter 2 Turbo if you enjoy fast-paced fighting games.
Gunstar Heroes if you enjoy chaotic third-person-shooters.

@Inigo

Sin and Punishment, and Mega Man 2

'Nuff said.

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

Digiki

@Inigo
Star Fox 64 is several times the superior of Sin and Punishment, it's much greater in every aspect.

If you plan to get all of the Mega Man games, the only reason not to start with the first is that it's one of the more difficult ones. 2 is easily the easiest, and most popular (but 3 and 4 are better!).

NotEnoughGolds

Digiki wrote:

@Inigo
Star Fox 64 is several times the superior of Sin and Punishment, it's much greater in every aspect.

If you plan to get all of the Mega Man games, the only reason not to start with the first is that it's one of the more difficult ones. 2 is easily the easiest, and most popular (but 3 and 4 are better!).

3 and 4 combined aren't as good as 2.

NotEnoughGolds

Digiki

The robot master stages from 4 are better than those in 2, but then 4 has fun Wily Stages, 2 has boring ones.

3 doesn't have such great robot masters, but hey it contributed more to the series than 2, Wily Stages that don't suck!!

Adamant

Chucko wrote:

If you want a Streets of Rage game, go for the second one. Best in the series.

Adamant

lifer

Thread has gone on for a long time, but just to start contributing:
I would highly recommend the SNES Milon's game (very Super Mario Worldy) and Pulseman on Mega Drive (more action). I think both are quite unknown as they were import only back then.

lifer

StarBoy91

Adamant wrote:

Chucko wrote:

If you want a Streets of Rage game, go for the second one. Best in the series.

To each their own

manleycartoonist

I need some recommendations. I prefer VC over WiiWare.
Here are my games (and what I think of them):
Super Mario Bros 2 (I love this game, It was always my favorite as a youth)
Super Mario Bros 3 (FANTASTIC - has anyone ever said anything bad about this game?)
Super Mario World (I would play this game more, but am too lazy to hook up the classic controller)
Sonic the Hedgehog (This game was bought more for my wife than me, but I do like it)
Do Re Mi Fantasy (Great game, beautiful visuals, If I had friends I would show this one off)
Super Dodge Ball (Nostalgia all the way! My friends and I rented this game every time we rented games - this and Skate or Die)
Bomberman '93 (I love bomberman, but do I need more than one?)
River City Ransom (I got this one based soley on my love of Super Dodge Ball)
Puyo Puyo (I've wanted this game since there was that version for the Dreamcast that I could never find)
Bonk 3 (I really wanted a Turbo Graphix back in the day... This game is okay, just seems to be too much of everything to keep my interested)
Dr Mario Online Rx (I do love a really good puzzle game)
Tetris Party (I do love tetris - have since it was on a 5" floppy disk)
Mr Driller (This game is fun, just wish it had multi-player - since my wife will only play puzzle games with me)
and on a related note I do have SNK Arcade Collection Vol. 1 (Metal Slug and others for $14? You betcha!)
Now for things I don't really care for:
Mega Man (just never got into it Played the first few with friends, maybe it was cause I was no good at it)
Anything on the N64 (was it just me or did everything look like it was dragged through mud?)
Not a RPG fan. I have played Phantasy Star on Genesis, and Final Fantasy on the original Gameboy, but that is as far as I got.
Alright, let me have it... I have 2400 points... suggest away!

Edited on by manleycartoonist

I have a website: www.the-manleys.blogspot.com

StarBoy91

@CartoonistofManley - Star Parodier is definitely a good recommendation. Also, Adventures of Lolo and Kirby's Dream Land 3. Those are good games.

Edited on by StarBoy91

To each their own

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic