Wii Virtual Console Forum

Topic: Is this the end of VC games for the Wii?

Showing 41 to 60 of 107

AuthorMessage
edhe

edhe

41. Posted:

I hope if and when they start releasing Gamecube downloads, they somehow integrate the Wii Shop into the eShop. I'd like to have all my VC games accessable without having to load up the Wii Mode.

And it wouldn't matter if they stopped updating WiiVC because it'd be one and the same as the eShop.

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
vio

vio

42. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

vio wrote:

Wow, we actually got a new NES game. What's sad is that NL here didn't even report it...

sure they did:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/12/nintendo_download_6t...
http://www.nintendolife.com/games/nes/burgertime

Well, they didn't link it on the Wii Virtual Console news feed like they should have.

vio

AuthorMessage
millarrp

millarrp

43. Posted:

I personally hope they're prepping all the VC and WiiWare titles to work from the Wii U menu before offering them in the eShop....and if that is the case, here's hoping they add folder support like they did on the 3DS

Edited on by millarrp

3DS: 3394-3729-3518
Nintendo ID: millarrp

Nintendo Network ID: millarrp | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
The_Ink_Pit_Ox

The_Ink_Pit_Ox

44. Posted:

What I hope for is that they're going to do a massive update for the N64 titles to account for vibration.

Friend code: 5370-0444-3461
Animal Crossing City Folk Code: 3053-5977-0373

AuthorMessage
CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

45. Posted:

millarrp wrote:

I personally hope they're prepping all the VC and WiiWare titles to work from the Wii U menu before offering them in the eShop....and if that is the case, here's hoping they add folder support like they did on the 3DS

This.

Until then if that ever happens, I think it's going to be nothing but Neo Geo games now for all reigons.

Rest in Peace ShiftyLook
I keep these Nintendo Life threads updated: Missing 3DS VC and Wii U VC between regions, Full of list first party Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Gear games missing from the 3DS VC, and Full of list first party Game Boy Advance games missing from the Wii U VC.

Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

AuthorMessage
TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk

46. Posted:

MrSRArter wrote:

millarrp wrote:

I personally hope they're prepping all the VC and WiiWare titles to work from the Wii U menu before offering them in the eShop....and if that is the case, here's hoping they add folder support like they did on the 3DS

This.

Until then if that ever happens, I think it's going to be nothing but spam now for all reigons.

Fixed. TBH I would love if SNK put Crystalis on NES VC. That would make a perfect End to the Wii VC. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna Email D4 right now about it.

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
PinkSpider

PinkSpider

47. Posted:

Seriously why has Star Fox on the SNES not been released for Wii VC yet it's possibly the best Star Fox game ever with easily one of the best Snes game soundtracks

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage
Gamesake

Gamesake

48. Posted:

^^A great soundtrack can't carry an entire game. SNES Star Fox was one of the ugliest most awkward 3D games ever made. Gamers are better off playing Star Fox 64 or Sin and Punishment on VC.

Edited on by Gamesake

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
PinkSpider

PinkSpider

49. Posted:

Im sorry but Star Fox on the Snes was amazing for the time and the controls were perfect, it was truly a great game and it still plays well today

3DS Friend code : 2878 9572 9160 PinkSpider
Mario Kart 7 Community code : 54 7436 5412 6010
Wii U I.D : PinkSpider

AuthorMessage
brooks83

brooks83

50. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

^^A great soundtrack can't carry an entire game. SNES Star Fox was one of the ugliest most awkward 3D games ever made. Gamers are better off playing Star Fox 64 or Sin and Punishment on VC.

Ridiculous. Star Fox is still fun to play, although it is very difficult.

brooks83

AuthorMessage
Brando67854321

Brando67854321

51. Posted:

brooks83 wrote:

Ridiculous. Star Fox is still fun to play, although it is very difficult.

Of course its a fun game & that crappy fx chip being "revolutionary" ruined everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:P On topic though yes the wii vc died.:P

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
Bass_X0

Bass_X0

52. Posted:

I'd like a remake of SNES StarFox on 3DS. It would be the SNES game with the graphics of the 3DS StarFox 64. Maybe the unreleased StarFox 2 too.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

53. Posted:

We got 4 games since the question was asked. I think that ends this argument quite handily.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Aldebaran

Aldebaran

54. Posted:

Since VC games are fully compatible with Wii U and Wii it would be true shame to not release any more VC titles, there are many extremely good classic games out there

Aldebaran

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
WaveBoy

WaveBoy

55. Posted:

I'll be pretty dissapointed if Capcom doesn't release Mega Man 6, 7 and Mega man X3. It just doesn't make sense why they're taking so long with these giant gap releases. At least the VC decline has actually been picking up a little as of late as seen with Double Dragon II, Mega man X2, Metal Slug 3, Strider, ect ect.

Yet I'm still scratching my head with the complete 'no show' for the original Contra on the NES, but it is what it is....Retro-Mind Boggling. Instead make way for the vastly inferior Super C. ugh.lol

And where's the arcade version of the original Splatterhouse? The Turbo GFX version, as far as the VC emulation is concerned looks super blurry, Rick's mask is red, the graphics aren't as good as the Arcade version, the intro cut scene is missing, and the soundtrack is is pretty different, yet still awesome nonetheless.

Then there's Double Dragon III(not too interested), But i will gladly plunk down the cashorama for Super Double D. :D

Currently Playing: 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Neko_Rukiafan

Neko_Rukiafan

56. Posted:

I agree with @Waveboy Megaman 6, 7, and X3 need to be released on the Wii VC. ;)

Edited on by Neko_Rukiafan

Owner of http://www.WiiWareWave.com

NNID: Rukiafan7

Huge fan of the Anime series Bleach!

I love Rukia Kuchiki (Bleach) and Erica Hartmann (Strike Witches)!

Currently looking for reviewers at WiiWareWave those hired can expect to receive review codes for 3DS and Wii U eshop titles!

Twitter:

AuthorMessage
TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk

57. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'll be pretty dissapointed if Capcom doesn't release Mega Man 6, 7 and Mega man X3. It just doesn't make sense why they're taking so long with these giant gap releases. At least the VC decline has actually been picking up a little as of late as seen with Double Dragon II, Mega man X2, Metal Slug 3, Strider, ect ect.

Yet I'm still scratching my head with the complete 'no show' for the original Contra on the NES, but it is what it is....Retro-Mind Boggling. Instead make way for the vastly inferior Super C. ugh.lol

And where's the arcade version of the original Splatterhouse? The Turbo GFX version, as far as the VC emulation is concerned looks super blurry, Rick's mask is red, the graphics aren't as good as the Arcade version, the intro cut scene is missing, and the soundtrack is is pretty different, yet still awesome nonetheless.

Then there's Double Dragon III(not too interested), But i will gladly plunk down the cashorama for Super Double D. :D

Contra 1 IS on the VC in Japan, but only as a MSX2 Game as they won't release the NES version due to Super C being "Too similar" (IMO it's better as it got rid of the stupid base levels) As for the arcade splatterhouse, that's also in Japan, but not in NA for some reason (Why namco?) I agree on MM 7 Though. That should be rereleased.

BTW guys who want SF SNES: They can't put it up due to the FX chip being owned by Argonauts technologies

A Supporter of Reggie Fils-Aime and Respectful opinions
Pokemon black 2 FC: 1808 0259 1596

Nintendo Network ID: TheDreaminHawk

AuthorMessage
Brando67854321

Brando67854321

58. Posted:

^Don't remind me about the crappy fx chip that "revolutionary chip" ruins everything!!!!!!:P

Edited on by Brando67854321

3ds fc: 2105-8830-0319
wii fc: 0500-8596-7164-8140
Nintendo Network ID: Brando2041
Give me SSF4+5 capcom or else you WILL be sorry because SSFIV:3D sucked!
Not changing my statements until mario party 1 gets on the virtual console.

AuthorMessage
madgear

madgear

59. Posted:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

BTW guys who want SF SNES: They can't put it up due to the FX chip being owned by Argonauts technologies

Argonaut doesn't exist any more, which is irrelevant anyway since there's no such issues when it comes to emulating hardware.

madgear

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

60. Posted:

madgear wrote:

TheDreamingHawk wrote:

BTW guys who want SF SNES: They can't put it up due to the FX chip being owned by Argonauts technologies

Argonaut doesn't exist any more, which is irrelevant anyway since there's no such issues when it comes to emulating hardware.

Uh, yeah there is? It took emulators 10 years to get it right, and I don't think those guys are the ones Nintendo hired to emulate their games.

...Wolf O'Donnel later crashed his Gundam, and went back to flying Wolfens...

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~