Retro Forum

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Showing 221 to 240 of 290

AuthorMessage

SheldonRandoms

221. Posted:

Would this count?
Untitled

SUPER SMASH CLASH: A MOBILE MULTIPLAYER PLATFORMER FIGHTING GAME FEATURING MR.RANDOMS AND LORDJUMPMAD!!! http://www.smashclashapp.com/

I like to rev up those fryers, I play games, I can't draw good, but I make stick figures named Sheldon and Mr. Randoms.

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0402-4645 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

AuthorMessage

HawkeyeWii

222. Posted:

Doom still the greatest first person shooter series of all-time!

Wii U username: KitKat_H12 (Unfortunately HawkeyeWii was already taken some how)
I STREAM LIVE GAMEPLAY AND SPEEDRUNS OF GAMES ON MY twitch channel here: http://www.twitch.tv/hawkeyewii

Friend Codes3DS FC 1547-5273-7750

Twitter: HawkeyeWii

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

223. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

@Wavey
Now I ca understand you liking Castlevania: The Adventure, but more than Super Mario Land 2? Even if you don't think SML2 is all that great, it easily beats Castlevania: The Adventure.

Super Mario Land 2 is defintily top class with it's presentation. It's got pretty much eveything going for it ACCEPT the stage design which is mind numbingly bad 85% of the time. Wario's Castle is when the game truley shines. It's almost like Miyamoto stepped in at that point and said ,"Hey! this is how you do it!" :p I can honestly say that i had more fun playing Castlevania: The Adventure which also managed to challange me! Wario's Castle sadly was the only thing in SML2 that posed a tastey challenge, where as everything else felt abnormally easy.

My favorite thing about SML2 aside from Wario's Castle, The awesome World map, Quirky unique worlds, bunny ears power up and the Fabtastic Box Art? The commercial. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Mega Man V!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

ogo79

224. Posted:

HawkeyeWii wrote:

Doom still the greatest first person shooter series of all-time!

anyone got a problem with that?

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

225. Posted:

@ogo79
I do. Metroid Prime Trilogy says hi. ;)
Then again, they're first person 'Adventures' . sigh* Doom it tis'

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

226. Posted:

I beat contra for the first time yesterday and the second time today, don't why I never played/beated it before...

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

IanNoog

227. Posted:

I recently beat Mega Man 2 on the 3DS Virtual Console. The only level I used save states on was the Quickman Stage.

Looking for some 3DS and Wii U friends. PM me if interested!

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4750-2720 | Nintendo Network ID: IanNoog | Twitter: IanNoog

AuthorMessage

ogo79

228. Posted:

its not a retro console, but i just beat wizard fire for data east arcade classics on wii lol

the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

ogo79

229. Posted:

just beat kabuki quantum fighter and yes i cheated. i used the second controller to "chip swap" and boost my life meter

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

230. Posted:

Untitled
Aw yeah.

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

231. Posted:

After 20 hours, i've finally beaten Wario Land II to 100% completion. Too bad Nintendo hasn't released Wario Land 3 on 3DSVC yet, until then, i'm gonna go through Wario Land: Shake It. :)

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

232. Posted:

Electricmastro wrote:

After 20 hours, i've finally beaten Wario Land II to 100% completion. Too bad Nintendo hasn't released Wario Land 3 on 3DSVC yet, until then, i'm gonna go through Wario Land: Shake It. :)

Skip 3 and go straight to the underrated revolutionary 2D masterpiece Sidescroller that is Shake it! ;) or get a copy of 4 if you can. 3 is the only sequal in this series that i strongly advise staying away from, it felt like such a pointless sequel, with terrible bosses, lazy enemy design, frustrating platforming, linear(Go there, do that, rinse repeat) game design, and the 'obtaining new abilities' as you progress just didn't do this stinky sequal any favors.

This is one of the worst Nintendo platformers i've ever experienced. When it comes to WL, Shake it! and 1 are the cream of the crop. 2 & 4 are both solid in their own right....with 4 easily having the most awesome & bizzare bosses the franchise has ever seen. :D

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

233. Posted:

low g man for nes.
finally set down and beat this little glitchy game

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

234. Posted:

Gunstar Heroes - (Genesis) :(
Untitled

I'm sorry but Contra Hardcorps for the Genesis completely obliterates Gunstar in every single way imaginable.
I forced myself to see this game until the very end(which didn't take too long anyways) and i came out of it wishing i had spent my wii points on something else. I mean it was ALRIGHHHT but it just felt a little too sloppy and chaotic at times, combined with an annoying forgettable soundtrack that's basically drowned out by the piercing loud SFX....I also prefer 1-hit kills(ala' Contra & Metal Slug) vs the 150% chunk of life GS gives you...

Half the time i kept slipping out of the experience, i just couldn't really get into it. A few of the bosses(which boasted some really cool designs) kept my attention but the actual stages were just B-L-A-N-D. Hardcorps is in an entirely different league....Heck, Contra ReBirth(Least favorite contra)was even light years more enjoyable than this. Maybe I should try Alien Soldier? As is, when it comes to retro-run 'n gun it's Contra only with a splash of Metal Slug for this little Wavester. B-)

The Original Contra, Super C, Contra 4, Operation C and Metal Slug X were just too awesome for words. :*
But if we were to do a Genesis Vs SNES grudge match, I'd say Contra III easily stomps GunStar Zeroes.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

ogo79

235. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Maybe I should try Alien Soldier?

you need that game in yer life for real

the_shpydar wrote:

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

236. Posted:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Good thing it's on the VC. What were your thoughts on Gunstar Heroes?
Run 'n gun mediocrity it is. Doesn't deserve the wild praise it gets imo.

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

237. Posted:

Resident Evil Zero on the GameCube...?

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

MAB

238. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I recommend Mortal Kombat vs Donkey Kong instead ;)

Untitled

MAB

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

239. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Resident Evil Zero on the GameCube...?

Get the hell out of here.

JK! :D :P

ya know, I wish capcom would of ditched the lead villian in that game.....It's like Marcus's youthful transformation popped out of one of the MetroidVania games with his silly wardrobe and ridiculous long hair. To make things worse, his leach commanding opera singing made Zero even feel more out there(Like Code Veronica) rather than sticking with a believable, more grounded plot + scenario as seen in RE1, 2 & 3 which all came across like a lost B-Grade George A Romero flick.

Still a pretty decent game, but it feels like a smaller & lesser 'side kick' to the remake. Giant uninspired bland insect bosses, monstrous 'end baddie' Frog bio weapons that are about as threatening as a 5 day old bowl of Macoroni & vintage cheese. Also, i think the item 'dropping' made things even more complicated rather thank plunking your items in RE's classic magical chest box. :P Still it created it's own puzzle within the game and really made you think. Oh! and I really dug the short lived failed Tyrant Experiment.

Overall, It and especially Code veronica(by a land slide i'd say) are the weakest traditional RE games. I won't even touch RE6 after having played the demo. I watched all of the cutscenes on Youtube instead, which wasn't even worthwhile anyways. The coolest looking thing to come out of RE6 must of been this guy, ahem...Whopper ;) > http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/Tr6bnnDopzA/maxresdefault.jpg

Just curious, what were your thoughts on Zero? I threw it out of my GCN & Wii(Archives version) quite a while ago actually. It's 1,2,3 & the remake for me. I know how great of a game RE4 truly is, but everything after the villiage just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Great game, but it shouldn't of been part of the RE franchise.

They should of called it "Village of the Damned" lol

Edited on by WaveBoy

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

240. Posted:

MAB wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

I recommend Mortal Kombat vs Donkey Kong instead ;)

Untitled

That was Randomly brilliant! That's going down on the Wavester's top favorite Gifs' & picks.
You my Sega sir get a NintenSeal of Amagon Approval. ;)

Edited on by WaveBoy