Retro Forum

Topic: Recent Game You Have Beat "Radical Retro Console" Edition!

Showing 241 to 252 of 252

AuthorMessage

ogo79

241. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

ogo79 wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Maybe I should try Alien Soldier?

you need that game in yer life for real

Good thing it's on the VC. What were your thoughts on Gunstar Heroes?
Run 'n gun mediocrity it is. Doesn't deserve the wild praise it gets imo.

i havent picked up gun star heroes since the sega channel
Untitled
alien soldier is the one

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

GameFaceMax

242. Posted:

Recently finished revisiting Mega Man X and X2, Super Mario Bros. 2, Banjo Kazooie, Conker's BFD, and Chrono Trigger.

GameFace - Youtube Channel

Nintendo Network ID: maxdaling | Twitter: GameFacemax

AuthorMessage

Ryno

243. Posted:

Just recently beat SkyBlazer from back when Sony used to publish games on Nintendo systems. Its a fun little game though definitely on the easy squeezy side.

What Would Duane Do?
“I’m just about that action, boss"
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

AuthorMessage

ogo79

244. Posted:

@Ryno
good game sir

iap-tv.com
the_shpydar wrote:
As @ogo79 said, the SNS-RZ-USA is a prime giveaway that it's not a legit retail cart.
And yes, he is (usually) always right, and he is (almost) the sexiest gamer out there (not counting me) ;)

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

245. Posted:

Knowing my Mad-max & amazing sophisticated groovy gamer skills, i shall Space Blaze through Life Force tonight and turn those alien pixel bit ships into galaxy gravy. Mark my marky mark words! In all seriousness(not really) i'm new to the Gradius series. Should i instead start out with Gradius on the NES, or skip right on down to to Life Force?

Untitled

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

BearHunger

246. Posted:

Aladdin on Genesis! Great game and, I assume, a great movie.

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

247. Posted:

So recently I gave the original Mega Man series a proper chance and have been playing and beating them one at a time, from the first game to the sixth via the Mega Man Anniversary Collection. I'm glad to say that they are very good games (in particular the second, the third being my favorite, and fourth games) and I feel bad for not having gotten to them sooner, since I've been enjoying playing them. Currently I'm playing Mega Man VII (when compared to its previous six outings and Mega Man X it's average fare in my book, though I'll give it some credit where it's due: it is pretty impressive for this SNES game to have been made in the span of just three months) and have yet to vanquish it (Dr. Wily's second form is stupidly unreasonable without any energy tanks that I cannot fathom the fact that Capcom deliberately made it so difficult--if I hadn't known beforehand I would've assumed that they did this as a response to complaints that Dr. Wily's battles in Mega Man VI were insulting easy (at least, to me they were); Sigma's final encounter in Mega Man X3 was more manageable than this, and taking into account that game's difficulty, that frankly speaking says a lot!). I'm almost tempted to just skip to Mega Man 8, but the completionist in me wants to beat the seventh first (I started on Saturday and am still struggling though it). But the good news is that in these events I've unlocked both arcade fighting games in the compilation Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters for the first time.................. the bad news is that I found them to be terribly boring and lacking in challenge (literally takes me less than seven to eight minutes to beat).

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

248. Posted:

@WanderFan91
Hopefully you didn't get the A+B button swapping game cube version, which essentially botches every single title in the series. it may seem like no big deal on paper, but in reality it hampers the fun factor and just feels akward. The PS2 version is the one to get.

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80's FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

249. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

@WanderFan91
Hopefully you didn't get the A+B button swapping game cube version, which essentially botches every single title in the series. it may seem like no big deal on paper, but in reality it hampers the fun factor and just feels akward. The PS2 version is the one to get.

Either that or the Xbox version where you can map your buttons. So annoying on the Gamecube version after the one millionth death of walking into a pit while shooting.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

BearHunger

250. Posted:

I seem to be the only person on this planet who likes the A to shoot, B to jump mapping on the GameCube controller. Oh well, more giant A button mashing for me. :*

Edited on by BearHunger

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

251. Posted:

You're not the only one, BearHunger. I personally had no issue with the control setup of the GameCube version and I could handle it just fine (though yeah, I will concede that the control setup is awkward considering how the original games had their controls set up); I'm not saying it's the best choice, but it does work if you allow it to (also, going at a slow and steady pace will get you farther). I could play through the first six Mega Man games just fine, and for the most part Mega Man VII is manageable... until you face Dr. Wily's second form where the difficulty spikes on you, and unless you're careful and have enough energy tanks you're basically screwed. Normally I don't like to play SNES games with the GameCube controller (due to how awkward and offputting it feels), but for the first two Mega Man X games on Mega Man X Collection and Mega Man VII I can manage them just fine (I suppose the reason for that would be that, aside from the shoulder buttons, you only need to use either two or three buttons and not all of them, which to me is fine). To each their own though, I understand why others wouldn't feel the same: the GameCube controller just had the unfortunate case of its action buttons being designed different as opposed to feeling comfy and even like the PlayStation and Xbox controllers.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
Also a fan of Gravity and all things 16-bit
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

252. Posted:

@WanderFan91: Yeah I will admit the I got use to the button swap rather quickly too when I played the AC on the Gamecube and honestly it was just as I said a bit annoying when you go walking off into a pit shooting lol. Now since I dont have a working Gamecube the only way I can play them is on my 3DS or if I want to drag out my NES but I am able to go back to the original button setup pretty easily.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311