Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 11,914

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Just out of curiosity, do you need a Gold account to watch Netflix on 360?

Last I checked, yes.

Just looked it up online, and apparently they dropped Gold requirement for most streaming services (including Netflix) last summer on both 360 & One last summer

I knew they had done it for YouTube, but I wasn't sure about Netflix, so this is fantastic! Now I'll be able to watch Netflix in HD without any hassle!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Retro_on_theGo

So I'm upgrading to One soon and I've got some questions. Have no idea how Microsoft's Live stuff works since I never use online. I get that to carry over my accounts I just sign into them on the One, but what do I do with them on the 360? Do I leave them there and the store you trade it in to do a factory reset or am I supposed to do something?

Can I now use PayPal to buy games on Xbox One? Is the Xbox Live Rewards program worth signing up for it? And this one may not be related to the One, but do the 360 controllers also work for PC games on a Mac?

rallydefault

@Retro_on_theGo
Woof. Lots of questions there. Uhm... as far as I know, you can add PayPal to your Microsoft account and then use it on Live as one of your payment options for games and such.

If you are trading in your 360, personally, I would wipe it first just because that kind of thing makes me wary that someone else might get into my stuff. But really, I would think the store has a better way to completely wipe the information for you. But yea, I would do the factory reset thing. Any games you had on the 360 that are backwards compatible (or will become) automatically show up on your One as long as you are signed into your account. It's pretty cool!

Rewards is definitely worth it. Although it might take awhile to accrue points, it's free, so why not?

@Ryno
That is an awesome deal. Master Chief is all fixed up now, so no problems, really. Plus, that puppy has enough content on it to keep you entertained for months. Longer, if you're really into the multiplayer.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

CanisWolfred

@ryno - That is a good option, especially since the free game list includes Witcher 3, Arkham Knight, and Sunset Overdrive. I'd go for the latter if I was to pick one up, of course.

And I'll admit that my "no more Microsoft consoles" ultimatum is starting to waver a bit, at least to the point where I'd say "if I ever get a living room TV, my 360 breaks or still seems to be on its last legs, the BC support lives up enough that the 360 games I still need to finish are playable, and there are 5 games I want that I can't just get for the PS4 or PC [there's already 3], I'll get one if I can find a good deal."

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

@CanisWolfred: Yeah, I'm like one click away from ordering this thing, with The Witcher III, along with preordering Rare Replay to get an additional $10 credit so I can get another game for free ($60 total Microsoft store credit)...

So I really just starting looking into the Xbox One/PS4 and it seems like there are some complaints about the quality of the Dual Shock 4. What do you guys think of the Xbox One controller?

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Faruko

Guys, becareful with the BC support, DigitalFoundry run sole tests that BC performance was... Not very good.

Of course they said "that BC is a thing on XB1, its magic on its own, but the performance its not very good"

Most games (at least the ones avalaible) run worse than on the 360.

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

dumedum

Well isn't it a pilot now or something? Surely they'd fix it to be the same FR. They're not that stupid, are they?

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

CanisWolfred

Shoot, I actually re-evaluated what games I still need on the 360...I have 11 retail games (30 if you count my Brother's games), 3 I'll have to replace on the PS3), and 5 of which are important games I still want to play.

On XBLA, I still have 31 games that I don't have on other platforms. 12 are important because either I can't buy them on other platforms, or are the best versions by a fairly wide margine (such as Virtual-On including loads of extra content not seen in the Dreamcast version, according to the extensive Wikipedia page), and are games I still want to play.

In other words, BC might be a bigger factor than I though. Most of them belong to Japanese developers, too, which reduces the chances of them being added to the BC list...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Faruko

Shenmue 3 its not exclusive by the way, its coming to PC also (Same as FFVII)

Faruko

dumedum wrote:

Well isn't it a pilot now or something? Surely they'd fix it to be the same FR. They're not that stupid, are they?

Well, i hope so, problem is the architecture its pretty different, its not as PC where even if you have millions of possible combinations CPU/GPU pretty much follow the same stuff (thats why even games from 90' works without emulators just with a few changes here and there, check out GOG)

Consoles are completely different and since games are created with X architecture and not Y, they should not be peform that well

They need to re-evaluate every game, brute force might be a thing but i doubt the XB1 has the power (and by the way, BC its way better than the cloud/stream service of the PS4)

Tasuki

@Waveboy Street Fighter V isn't a temporary exclusive. The head of Capcom said that all versions will come only to PS4 but I believe that's cause Sony is footing the bill.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

@Waveboy The best set up controller wise for fighting games for me was Sega Genny's six button controller. I hate using trigger and bumper buttons for moves in fighting games. Gimme all six attack buttons layer out in two rows of threes. That was the main reason I liked playing games like SF and MK on the Genesis over the SNES back in the day and even now.

My Backlog

Lil_B

Dear Ladies and Gents,

Just wondering if I could get your opinion on the Xbox One please as I'm currently looking into possibly buying one for my younger sibling in the next coming weeks.

He's a huge fan of open world and driving games so I'm looking at getting Forza Horizon 2 to begin with. I'm just a little hesitant on buying the console after looking into forums and such and seeing some issues regarding long updates, power failure, discs not reading for example, and just wondering if I could hear your experience as a whole with the console itself if I may.

Just a bit of reassurance I guess as imo, it seems a bit of a 50/50 gamble if those sort of issues are gonna unfortunately happen when possibly buying the console, in addition to the console being fairly pricey at it is.

Any opinions, even if it's to hold off for the time being, use those funds instead for Yoshi's Woolly World and Mario Maker with some left over to save or look into a PS4 instead, would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Playing
3ds:Return to PopoloCrois
PSV: Steins;Gate, P4:DAN & Akiba's Trip
PS4: Gravity Rush

Anticipated: HM:Project X, Steins;Gate 0, Akiba's Beat, Gravity Rush 2 & Sun/Moon

Tasuki

WaveBoy wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

@Waveboy The best set up controller wise for fighting games for me was Sega Genny's six button controller. I hate using trigger and bumper buttons for moves in fighting games. Gimme all six attack buttons layer out in two rows of threes. That was the main reason I liked playing games like SF and MK on the Genesis over the SNES back in the day and even now.

Or just get one of these.
Untitled

Lol @Waveboy I knew you were going to say that. Funny thing is, growing up and most of my gaming was on home consoles, NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. I hardly got the chance to go to arcades, unless it was like a friends birthday party at Chuckie Cheese or the local Rolla skate rink or bowling alley. As a result I learned to play games like SF and MK with cross pads rather then an arcade stick so I can pull off moves more precise and accurate with a cross pad rather then a stick. If that makes any sense.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic