Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 11,914

Jazzer94

Haven't played loads of the new KI but have played years of SFIV and can say they don't feel that similar mechanically they're different beasts with completely different pace to each other.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

I haven't played the new one, but I recall the old one being like the Capcom VS. Series, minus the character switching. Granted, I never liked the old VS. games on a mechanical level, which is why I never got into them. I will say that it's faster-paced and more combo-heavy than Street Fighter. (COMBOBREAKER!!! is a meme spawned by Killer Instinct) Unless the new one changes that, I'm not sure SCAR knows what he's talking about...

I'd say it's just a faster paced Street Fighter with no aerial combat like Capcom VS. games. It IS more combo heavy, but the combos are more repetitive. That's the way I see it. Besides, there's a combo breaker in tons of games that uses one bar of the special meter. It just doesn't scream it at loud as it can and requires different button presses.
There's just more variety in games like Smash Bros. and Tekken, IMO, and that's what makes me like them more.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

CanisWolfred

Fighting games are all about naunce, really. What you described really affects how you play the games, so I wouldn't downplay their differences.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

Fighting games are all about naunce, really. What you described really affects how you play the games, so I wouldn't downplay their differences.

I wasn't downplaying the differences. I just prefer Tekken, because it has more moves and 3D space matters a lot more, because there actually is 3D space. I'm more interested in Tekken, Smash Bros, Capcom VS, Pokken, Injustice, and Mortal Kombat. Street Fighter and KI just aren't my type of games. The only thing I think KI has done better is the combo breaker, because it doesn't require as many commands to do, but that also has to do with the simplicity of each game.

I'm not interested in Samarai Shodown, either, if that matters.

Qwest

Aviator

Has anyone taken the dip into Screamride?

If so, impressions?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

CanisWolfred

@SCAR392 - So in other words, you compared Street Fighter and KI, because you had nothing else to compare it to? That's okay then. Though, You could just say "it's a 2D fighter and I don't care for those", and your point might've been more clear...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SCRAPPER392

CanisWolfred wrote:

@SCAR392 - So in other words, you compared Street Fighter and KI, because you had nothing else to compare it to? That's okay then. Though, You could just say "it's a 2D fighter and I don't care for those", and your point might've been more clear...

Kind of. I would say KI and SF are more similar to each other than the other games, though, just as MK would be to Injustice(especially since these 2 were specifically supposed to be similar). The only other games we can really compare are Samarai Showdown, which is SUPPOSED to be a SF alternative, Guilty Gear X, and that one game with the 20's cartoon style, but I haven't played those, really. Otherwise, all we have left is Naruto, Dragonball Bodakai, UFC, plus Fight Night, and I don't really think we need to go that far.

Smash Bros, MK, Injustice, and Capcom VS. are 2D fighters I will play, with SF and KI excluded for the most part(I do still play KI occasionally). I haven't really played the other ones.

Qwest

shingi_70

Been a minute since I posted here.

I' ve jumped back into playing my Xbox One after not having a ton of time to play due to school and work commitments. It feels nice to kick back and slay some monsters. I'm trying to tackle and finish my Backlog before E3 which should be possible.

Also with Ori and ScreamRide out the Microsoft Studio's exclusive line up for the rest of the year is.

Forza Horizon: Furious 7- March 27th
Conker's Big Reunion - April 23rd
State of Decay - April 28th
Happy Wars - Summer 2015
Fable Legends - Summer 2015
Forza Motorsport 6 - September 2015
Quantum Break - 2015
Halo 5: Guardians - 2015

A lot of big news and rumors as of late.

A ton of stuff was announced at GDC

[youtube:Been a minute since I posted here.

I' ve jumped back into playing my Xbox One after not having a ton of time to play due to school and work commitments. It feels nice to kick back and slay some monsters. I'm trying to tackle and finish my Backlog before E3 which should be possible.

Also with Ori and ScreamRide out the Microsoft Studio's exclusive line up for the rest of the year is.

Forza Horizon: Furious 7- March 27th
Conker's Big Reunion - April 23rd
State of Decay - April 28th
Happy Wars - Summer 2015
Fable Legends - Summer 2015
Forza Motorsport 6 - September 2015
Quantum Break - 2015
Halo 5: Guardians - 2015

A lot of big news and rumors as of late.

A ton of stuff was announced at GDC

Xbox Live SDK Available for Windows 10: In January, we announced our commitment to bringing Xbox Live to Windows and today we announced that the Xbox Live SDK for Windows 10 is currently in the hands of managed partners to create new games. Soon it will be in the hands of a broader set of developers. This SDK will provide access to the vast majority of Xbox Live services currently available on Xbox One, under a shared set of APIs, integrated with the Windows Store. We are also committed to making Xbox Live accessible to all game developers, regardless of size, which is why we’re introducing a new tier of Xbox Live that is designed to allow any developer to engage with the Xbox Live community.
•Windows Universal App Platform: Windows 10 brings together one core operating system, one application platform, one gaming social network, one store, and one ingestion path across all Windows PCs, Tablets, Phones and Xbox One consoles – that’s more than 1.5 billion people. With the Universal App Platform, any developer can create a single project to target multiple devices. It will be easier than it has ever been to bring content to PCs, tablets, phones, Xbox consoles, and future Windows 10 devices like Microsoft HoloLens. Developers will be able to do this and more when Windows 10 is available this year.
•Windows Store: With the Windows Store, Microsoft is committed to delivering best-in-class scenarios for gamers and game developers. For developers, the promise of one store across devices means they will now have the ability and flexibility to deliver content across PCs, console, tablets, and phones, easily and quickly. Similarly, by enabling new experiences such as cross-buy, developers now have more flexibility on the features they deliver to gamers across Windows devices.
•Universal Development Center: The Universal Development Center is the developer portal to building and delivering games to the Windows Store. It provides fast, lightweight game submission and update capabilities within the developer’s direct control, as well as access to key metrics to understand their game’s performance. Improvements in platform, tools, and Xbox Live services, while reducing overhead of publishing, will foster more compelling game content and a richer, more engaged gaming community.
•DirectX 12: DirectX 12 enables PC developers to have a new level of power and control and is a single API developers can access across Windows devices. As shown with Fable Legends running on Unreal Engine 4, there has been a 20% improvement in performance. And as announced today, Epic is creating Unreal Tournament using Unreal Engine 4 running on DirectX 12, which sets a new bar for visual fidelity in PC gaming.
•Accessories: All wireless Xbox gaming accessories will be designed for and supported on both Xbox One consoles and Windows 10 PCs moving forward. Later this year, we’ll be delivering a Wireless Adapter that will let you use current Xbox controllers and future devices wirelessly on your PCs.
Elite: Dangerous is Coming to Xbox One
We’ve long had a great publishing relationship with Frontier Developments, which is why we’re so happy to announce that their epic space adventure Elite: Dangerous will be coming to Xbox One this summer. Developed by famed designer and Frontier CEO David Braben, Elite: Dangerous combines elements of space adventure, resource trading, and combat simulation to create a wholly unique experience that’s quite literally out of this world.

ID@Xbox Program Comes to Windows 10
It’s been an amazing year since we showed off the first ID@Xbox pre-release games last year at GDC. Many ID@Xbox games have shipped, hundreds of games are in development, and more than 1,000 independent studios have Xbox One development kits in hand. Today, we revealed that ID@Xbox will be expanding to help developers succeed by reaching gamers on Xbox One and Windows 10.
Gigantic Comes to Windows 10 and Xbox One

We’re devoted to bringing the best games to Windows and Xbox which includes new IP and continued commitments from gamers’ favorite studios. Today we announced a partnership with Motiga to bring its first game, Gigantic, to Windows 10 and Xbox One. Gigantic is a five-on-five third-person battle arena game with a beautiful fantasy art style where you select from an array of heroes with distinctive powers and play styles and wield your way through an areas to defeat your opposition’s Guardian – while also protecting your own. Gigantic is optimized for both keyboard and mouse, and controller. Through the power of Xbox Live, we will be enabling cross-device play, and allowing gamers to choose how they want to play.
Microsoft HoloLens
As announced on January 21, Microsoft HoloLens is the world’s first fully untethered holographic computer running Windows 10. Developers in the Windows ecosystem will be able to create games to reach the masses through a system where they can designate their game’s distribution even for future devices – devices like Microsoft HoloLens. The reaction to Microsoft HoloLens has been incredible. While there are going to be many uses and industries that take advantage of Microsoft HoloLens and everything that holographic computing has to offer, gaming is a huge opportunity. For all the game developers out there, we encourage you to join the Windows Insider Program to get the holographic APIs when available, and stay tuned for Build 2015, where we will share more details.

A few of the first games to support Windows 10 were announced as well.
Fable Legends
Gigantic
Shovel Knight
Project Spark
#Idarb
Ashen
Bierzerkers
Cuphead
Dungeons & Dragons: Sword Coast Legends
Game 4
Lovers in a Dangerous Space Time
Pillars of Eternity
Pinball FX 2
Shovel Knight
Siegecraft Commander
Super Dungeon Bros
The Long Dark
This War of Mine
Wasteland 2

Plus a ton of games announced for the One which I will post later.

Kudo Tsunudo was announced as the new head of Microsoft Studios America, Europe and the publishing team. Hoever Phil Spencer will still take direct control over Halo, Gears of Wars, Forza, and Minecraft.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

The Microsoft Studios website got a major facelift and has plinks to all of their studios as well as Job listings.
http://www.microsoftstudios.com/studios

So as of Now the Microsoft Studios branches studios and braches are
Untitled
Untitled
What's weird is Team Dakota isn't on the list even though they're expanding spark and hiring for a second project. Platform next is also missing even though we know they're working on games for Hololens. Also Decsisive Games which was given a shout out by Phil Spencer only the day after GDC isn't there either.

To go down the list this is the function of most of the studios.

343 Industries - (Halo, currently working on Halo 5: Guardians, Halo Spartan Strike)
Black Tusk Studios - (working on untitled Gears of War sequel)
Mojang - (Minecraft, Scrolls)
Turn 10 - ( Fozra, currently working on Forza Motorsport 6)
BigPark ( working on the NFL services for Xbox One, may have a hand in the rumored Joe Montana game).
[FUN]CTION Studios - (They're working on content for Xbox on Hololens)
Good Science (They mostly worked on Kinect and have switched over to Hololens development it seems)
ID@Xbox - The team that Indie developers go through to get games onto the Xbox and Windows 10 store.
Lift London - (they were combined with Soho productions so they oversee the Upload stuff and they're making games for consoles and mobile. The concept art makes it look like a Point and Click adventure game.)
Lionhead Studios - (Fable Legends is coming out in the June-September timeframe and they're working on a New IP which is rumored to be a single player Sci-fi RPG)
LXP - (Another Hololens studio and they're the developer behind the 3D space shooter demo shown in January.)
Microsoft Casual Games - (They make games for Windows 10 like minesweeper, solitare, pinball etc. )
Microsoft Studios Global Publishing - (They're the team behind getting exclusives and making deal with second and third party developers.)
Press Play - (They released Kalmiba in December, they're working on a new Max game and a new IP.
Rare - (Rumored to be working on Banjo and Battletoads , and a New IP to be shown off at E3.
State of the Art - (Another Hololens dev and they're making the Mars surface making app along with NASA.)
Twisted Pixel - (Working on a New IP that's going to be a mid tier game it seems)
Xbox Fitness - (the team behind the xbox fitness program)
Team Dakota - (Project Spark the conker pack and single player content is out next month)
Decisive Games - (They're hiring page said they were working on a RTS so either the Age series, Halo Wars, or the Rise of series).
Platform Next - (Hololens as well it seems)

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

Microsoft just started the Halo 5 campaign marketing yesterday.
http://news.xbox.com/2015/03/games-halo-5-guardians-bullet-tr...

Building on Halo’s expansive universe and rich tradition of storytelling, Xbox and 343 Industries also launched “Hunt the Truth” – an episodic narrative audio series, now available on the Hunt the Truth Tumblr. The series stars Keegan-Michael Key (“Key and Peele”) as Benjamin Giraud, a war-journalist who slowly unearths startling new revelations about who the Master Chief really is, forcing listeners to reevaluate what they really know about humanity’s greatest hero. Episodes will be released each week via Tumblr and syndicated across multiple podcast platforms for 12 weeks, leading up to E3 in June 2015.

Next week on the Walking Dead's season finale were going to get a single player trailer for Halo 5: Guardians.

WAT!

shingi_70

The Fast and the furious game came out last week and is free until April 11th.

Here's the April Games for Gold

Xbox One
Pool Nation FX - All month long
Child of Light - All month long
Gears of War Judgment - April 1-15
Terrira - April 1-15
Assassins' Creed IV: Black Flag - April 16-30
Army of Two: devil's cartel - April 16-30

WAT!

Inkling

If all goes well, my game may be coming to Xbox One! Rejoice!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Grumblevolcano

shingi_70 wrote:

The Fast and the furious game came out last week and is free until April 11th.

Here's the April Games for Gold

Xbox One
Pool Nation FX - All month long
Child of Light - All month long
Xbox 360
Gears of War Judgment - April 1-15
Terraria - April 1-15
Assassins' Creed IV: Black Flag - April 16-30
Army of Two: devil's cartel - April 16-30

Fixed, also nice to see double the free games for 360.

I need to check the expiry date of my current XBL membership as I think it's in May. Although Wii U and 3DS take up all my time that I used to play on 360, the current situation about Zelda being delayed and only 2015 titles at E3 worries me so having a load of free 360 games would help.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Yet another (UK) price drop for the Xbox One:

http://metro.co.uk/2015/04/13/xbox-one-price-cut-to-299-99-in...

£429 > £399 - removes Kinect - £349 > £329 > £299

Never before has a console seen so many price drops in less than a year and a half!

At this rate, the Xbox One will be available for £249 (or less) by years end.

I'm going to wait until Christmas time before I 'jump in'.

Peek-a-boo

Retro_on_theGo

So backwards compatibility is confirmed! While that's great, it publisher dependent. That kind of kills some hype for me since each game is at the mercy of it's publisher saying yes or no to putting it up on the Xbone.

You can vote for what you want added next though! The page for voting is here and it has a pretty extensive list:
https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibility

And HERE is the page for Scott Pilgrim. Please vote for Scott Pilgrim. I know it's unlikely since it's not even on the XBLA arcade and PSN shop anymore, but FVII is getting remade. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN NOW! ...So yeah go cast that vote.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/298503-backwards-compatibil...

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

shingi_70

Need some Lost Odyessy and Blue Dragon love.

WAT!

RR529

Just out of curiosity, do you need a Gold account to watch Netflix on 360?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic