Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,861 to 1,880 of 11,914

Ryno

Oh wow, so I pretty much just discovered (I'm slow I know) that with Windows 10 you can stream Xbox One games to laptop. That would be pretty convenient and that would take care of the Off-TV play that I would miss from the Wii U. The One sounds better and better.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

SCRAPPER392

Sooo, played the Gears of War beta. I'm pretty sure they are keeping the same graphics as last gen, except in 1080p, so it basically really doesn't make a difference, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd still be able to get it running on Xbox 360, unless the campaign is crazy as ****, and it was already like that in Gears 3.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

Sooo, played the Gears of War beta. I'm pretty sure they are keeping the same graphics as last gen, except in 1080p, so it basically really doesn't make a difference, IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if they'd still be able to get it running on Xbox 360, unless the campaign is crazy as ****, and it was already like that in Gears 3.

I don't know, it seemed like they updated it a lot. New lighting and textures for sure. Here is one comparison video I saw.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I don't know, it seemed like they updated it a lot. New lighting and textures for sure. Here is one comparison video I saw.

I mentioned 1080p, slightly better polygons, textures, and gameplay was there in another thread, but it's still minor. The beta didn't scream 8th generation. This is literally just as good as Halo Master Chief Collection quality for something like Halo 3/ODST and Halo 4(games that were on Xbox 360).

Dead Rising 3 is more of an upgrade from Dead Rising 2 than the Gears beta was from Gears 3, for sure. They probably just made sure the game actually ran in 1080p as the main goal, with 60FPS always being the goal, then adding whatever textures and polygons as they can.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Ryno

@waveboy, @tasuki, @rjejr: I picked up a new 1TB Xbox One last night at the Microsoft store and got everything in the picture for $399 + tax! @tasuki you know you want to come back to Xbox.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

rjejr

Ryno wrote:

@waveboy, @tasuki, @rjejr: I picked up a new 1TB Xbox One last night at the Microsoft store and got everything in the picture for $399 + tax! @tasuki you know you want to come back to Xbox.

Can't argue w/ the price, or Witcher 3. W/o Witcher 3 it just looks like bad broken games to me. I'm guessing you also got the store credit from the other day? MS rep on the phne once gave me a free $50 b/c the order came 3 days late.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

DefHalan

SCAR392 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I mentioned 1080p, slightly better polygons, textures, and gameplay was there in another thread, but it's still minor. The beta didn't scream 8th generation. This is literally just as good as Halo Master Chief Collection quality for something like Halo 3/ODST and Halo 4(games that were on Xbox 360).

Dead Rising 3 is more of an upgrade from Dead Rising 2 than the Gears beta was from Gears 3, for sure. They probably just made sure the game actually ran in 1080p as the main goal, with 60FPS always being the goal, then adding whatever textures and polygons as they can.

I think it is difficult to make a remake of a game look that new, without rebuilding the entire game. Very few remakes have been able to do that. I still think Gears of War looks better but my biggest issue is the upgrades removed some of the unique art styles they unitized to compensate for the lack of power. The Gears upgrade looks better than I was expecting lol, can't wait to play it on Windows 10 lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ryno

rjejr wrote:

Can't argue w/ the price, or Witcher 3. W/o Witcher 3 it just looks like bad broken games to me. I'm guessing you also got the store credit from the other day? MS rep on the phne once gave me a free $50 b/c the order came 3 days late.

@rjejr: Hey now, MCC single player campaigns are not broken and I think they have patched/improved multiplayer. Not sure though. You know how I love that multiplayer, all excited about that Splatoon... Yeah, they gave me that $50 gift card in the picture. Looks like its only for live though, wife was going to maybe use it on a surface if it was "store credit."

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Tasuki

@Ryno You know it man. I love my PS4 don't get me wrong but I am a gamer so I can never have enough systems. I plan on having one by years end. Part of me wants to wait and see what sweet deals they have for the holidays.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

rjejr

Ryno wrote:

Yeah, they gave me that $50 gift card in the picture. Looks like its only for live though, wife was going to maybe use it on a surface if it was "store credit."

Last I checked most Xbox owners have sort of needed Live the past few years even if that GC is only good for 1 year of live it's still $50. I honestly don't know what I'll do when we get a PS4, Probably will need to pony up for PS+ so the boys can play online w/ their friends but I really only want it for Uncharted 4 and FF15, and maybe FF7 if ever actually comes out, I have my doubts. Maybe my kids can each pay half. We all chiipped in 1/3 each for Spaltoon. I finally got Target to give me $13 back on the game b/c they never got the water pistol. gave my kids $4 each, so we only paid $11 each for Spaltoon, getting our money's worth won't be a problem, I forsee a lot of Splatoon this summer.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

CanisWolfred

Ryno wrote:

Untitled

Oh my God that's amaz- Is that Assassin's Creed Unity?

EDIT: Also that I thought that XBL used the same funds as as the Microsoft Store now? But I guess you need an actual Windows Store gift card? I've never even seen one of those in a store...oh well...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryno

@tasuki: They got a pretty sweet deal going on now where you can trade your 360 (or PS3) in for $100 credit toward a new Xbox One plus get MCC, $50 gift card to use at the Xbox store, AC Unity (meh..), and a game of your choice. I’m sure they will have some nice deals around Christmas too though.

@rjer: I think that came across wrong, the $50.00 is good to use in the Xbox store, not just Live. Live is only needed for multiplayer. You no longer need it for apps and the store. Cdkeys has a 12 month subscription for $33 ($2.75/month) and that isn’t too bad to get a 2 games “free” per month and jump into a very occasional multiplayer. So you only want a PS4 for those three games? Is Splatoon THAT much fun? Well at least 2 of those game “should” come out in our lifetime. Glad you got credit for not getting that water pistol. That water pistol sure would come in handy around here! There is a reason I live in the northern part of the country.

@CanisWolfred: Haha, yeah Unity... Oh well, it was free. Might be fun to give it a go and just see how bad and glitched it really is.

@WaveBoy: Just curious, what do you find more appealing about the PS4? Will you be able to play R.C. Pro-Am, Cobra Triangle, Snake Rattle & Roll, and Battletoads on the PS4? No, didn’t think so! I know you loved the Virtual Boy so I’m glad you will be able to have your Virtual Boy 2.0! Yeah, the Xbone controller is pretty great. I forgot how much I prefer the asymmetrical style and the controller just feels high quality (have the updated one with the improved bumpers)..

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Ryno

@CanisWolfred: Microsoft store gives $100 for a trade-in for any Xbox 360 or PS3 along with a $50.00 Xbox gift card until June 30th. http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.XboxTra...

Gamestop gives a $150 credit for a PS4 or Xbox One when you sell them a "120GB or higher PS3" or "250GB or higher Xbox 360" or higher. http://www.gamestop.com/collection/gamestop-sale

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

CanisWolfred

I totally should go for that, but I don't have any other TV to hook it up to. I guess I just gotta hope they do that again, as well as hope the 360 lasts longer than the TV...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

@Ryno Sadly I don't have a PS3 and the Xbox 360 my son uses in his room not only for games but also Netflix, Hulu and youtube so if I were to trade that in I would have to put the Xbox One in his room, yeah he wishes lol. Besides right now I am saving up for a vacation to the Bay Area with my son next month so money's a bit tight if you know what I mean, which being a family man yourself you probably do.

My Backlog

dumedum

@WaveBoy the idea of you being excited about all that dual analog action is pure applesauce! I know you're not interested but I believe the way to go is a PC. You can connect and configure any controller you want. VR will be miles better than PS's be sure on PC because you need much better hardware than PS4 for it to look nice enough. You don't even have to list Indies or retro games because you can play basically ANYTHING you want, including Nintendo titles (not that I support that - Ninty deserves all the money but just them - not the others). The list of exclusives is like 20 times bigger than PS4 if not more.

Looking for a device to go along the Ninty consoles, I really don't see a fair fight with the PC. There's just the price in the end and that's like basically buying both consoles not to mention free online. Sitting on the couch more fun - exists with Ninty, and you could set up the PC too that way if so important.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

Tasuki

@Waveboy: Not sure where you heard that you can download PS and PS2 games on the PS4 but hate to break your Achy Breaky heart but you cant. All you can do is stream PS3 games and that's only if you pay a subscription fee for Playstation Now.

My Backlog

Tasuki

@Waveboy PS3, and Vita can download PS and PS2 games but everytime someone asks Sony about PS and PS2 Sony never gives an answer they kind of dance around the question. I don't think Sony is even working on it or if they even know how.

My Backlog

Ryno

"If you're backwards compatible, you're really backwards," Don Mattrick said back in 2013. Funny how things have changed.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic