Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,261 to 2,280 of 3,310

irken004

soccer686 wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a speed-boost in game downloads? I used to get 2 mb per second but now I'm getting 4-5 mb per second o_O

MEGABYTES????? I'm at 300KB per second!

Yeah I usually get 2 mb. And this 4-5 mb thing must have been temporary because I'm downloading DoD Source and it's at like 600 kb T_T

Also, Day of Defeat games are on the daily sale!!!

_mikero_

irken004 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed a speed-boost in game downloads? I used to get 2 mb per second but now I'm getting 4-5 mb per second o_O

I wish! I usually get 600kb/s.... It took me a whole day to download DC Universe

Edited on by _mikero_

_mikero_

Sneaker13

Really? I though they were pretty awesome. Have you seen anything of Wallace and Gromit before?

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.

Friendcodes:
Wii: 1992-3062-5832-6991 - Mario Kart Wii: 3308-5912-8952 - Dr. Mario & Germ Buster: 8325-7726-3894 -
3DS: 0430 - 8258 - 5287

Odnetnin

Yeah I love Aardman and I love Telltale, so I thought they'd be a match made in heaven. I've only played a little bit of the first episode so far, and while I think they nailed the presentation, the story and puzzles don't seem up to snuff IMO. I'll play some more and get back to you, though.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Ravage

This is hilarious!
[youtube:0wfSg_-61FU]

"Modern Warfare 2 has crashed"

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

_mikero_

_mikero_ wrote:

Looks like someone hacked the steam user forums yesterday.

And heres the news.... "We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums. This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating."

_mikero_

Ravage

The full letter.

Gabe wrote:

Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users:

Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We began investigating and found that the intrusion goes beyond the Steam forums.

We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums. This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.

We don’t have evidence of credit card misuse at this time. Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely.

While we only know of a few forum accounts that have been compromised, all forum users will be required to change their passwords the next time they login. If you have used your Steam forum password on other accounts you should change those passwords as well.

We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts, so we are not planning to force a change of Steam account passwords (which are separate from forum passwords). However, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to change that as well, especially if it is the same as your Steam forum account password.

We will reopen the forums as soon as we can.

I am truly sorry this happened, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gabe.

Edited on by Ravage

Platypus

Ravage wrote:

The full letter.

Gabe wrote:

Dear Steam Users and Steam Forum Users:

Our Steam forums were defaced on the evening of Sunday, November 6. We began investigating and found that the intrusion goes beyond the Steam forums.

We learned that intruders obtained access to a Steam database in addition to the forums. This database contained information including user names, hashed and salted passwords, game purchases, email addresses, billing addresses and encrypted credit card information. We do not have evidence that encrypted credit card numbers or personally identifying information were taken by the intruders, or that the protection on credit card numbers or passwords was cracked. We are still investigating.

We don’t have evidence of credit card misuse at this time. Nonetheless you should watch your credit card activity and statements closely.

While we only know of a few forum accounts that have been compromised, all forum users will be required to change their passwords the next time they login. If you have used your Steam forum password on other accounts you should change those passwords as well.

We do not know of any compromised Steam accounts, so we are not planning to force a change of Steam account passwords (which are separate from forum passwords). However, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to change that as well, especially if it is the same as your Steam forum account password.

We will reopen the forums as soon as we can.

I am truly sorry this happened, and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Gabe.

Hopefully we'll get free stuff.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

pikku

Yeah, I want free stuff for this. It's utterly outrageous that they shosuld get hacked like this. Especially right after the huge PSN thing. In fact, I think they're planning this >:[

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

Xkhaoz

I do want free stuff of course, but Valve is one of the most generous companies I know. Huuuuuuge Steam sales, free TF2, several giveaways of Portal, free TF2 updates, most companies would make you pay for TF2 updates. Cough Capcom cough

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Ravage

Greedy much?

irken004

Considering that the hacks haven't really shown much of actual damage (I'm seemingly unaffected, I never let Steam remember my credit info ), I doubt that they'll do much other than fix what was broken.

Ravage

The big difference between this and Sony is that your credit card info is actually encrypted

V8_Ninja

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy is the daily deal, going for half-price at $10. The game IS Deus Ex, only in the Source Engine and made by people who are French. Which means it's freaking awesome. BUY IT.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.