Forums

Topic: The Unofficial Steam Sales Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 3,310

CanisWolfred

Eh, I don't need more free games anyways.

Oh, and FFXI Ultimate Collection Abyssea edition is on sale for $10. Be sure to grab it boys and girls.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

V8_Ninja

@Xkhaoz I suspected this might happen. Nintendo doesn't really know much about online services, so they're going to let everybody else duke it out and choose the company that comes out victorious. Although if anything, I really hope that Valve is the winner, since they know how to do online distribution and how to do it really well.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Kriedler

I'd hope Steam wins. Steam is awesome beyond awesome, hacked or not.
My favorite thing? The prices of downloadable games actually go down after a year or two. Unlike on WiiWare
Or they give you a full game for free over a weekend. Awesome. They duped me on Sanctum and a couple of other games that way. Not like that would work with Zelda or anything, which you can beat in a weekend and you're essentially done with it, but with games that are a blast on mutiplayer, that you would pay for the full game so you could continue to play it with your friends. Beats any demo. Love Steam, gonna keep using them as long as they're around.
Not that I haven't had my frustrations with them, but it's maybe once a year something. Like getting New Vegas 2 days early and not being able to play it, or not being able to play single-player games offline. Or their clunky achievement system (Microsoft beats them on that one).
Anyways, if Nintendo doesn't support Steam, they could at least learn from them..Steam has a great UI, multitasks properly, has fair prices, and lets you add voice chat to games that don't support it natively.
Like it, love it, want some more of it

New name, same game.
3DS friend code: 5026-4413-9840
STEAM ID: Deeso
XBL ID: Kriedler 0

Now Playing (3DS): PKMN Y
PC: X-Com: Enemy Within, King Arthur's Gold
360: GTAV
Wii U: Deus Ex

Birdman

If Nintendo admitted that they're not good at online services and let Valve at least partially handle their online store for them, I would be so happy.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

V8_Ninja

@Mickeymac Thanks. I guess this just goes to show the power of Steam.

EDIT: Or rather, the awesomeness of Valve.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Ravage

Or the power of good deals XD

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

NX01Trekkie1992

so... I just got Steam last night (I know, way too late on this train) and tried some demos (Portal, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, all great games), and will probably get those once I have money, as well as some CoD and L4D, anyone know of any other good games that might have escaped my radar?

NX01Trekkie1992

V8_Ninja

@YashaTheSlayer One of my personal favorites is Sanctum. It's basically a tower-defense game where you get to shoot enemies from a first-person perspective during each wave. Also, VVVVVV is immensely awesome as well as being a bit frustrating (the game has also got a stellar soundtrack to boot). If you're not quite into actions games and want something of a deeper experience (pun may-or-may-not be intended), you could always try the extremely terrifying Amnesia: The Dark Descent. There's really something for everyone on Steam.

Also, you may want to wait to buy some games since Steam has massive sales where almost everything is 50-75% off, meaning that you can get fairly new games for really cheap.

Ravage

Many. You need to help us a bit. 'Course, they tend to get pointed out as they go on sale.

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Platypus

V8_Ninja wrote:

Also, you may want to wait to buy some games since Steam has massive sales where almost everything is 50-75% off, meaning that you can get fairly new games for really cheap.

Well I guess it depends on how badly you want the game. But I wouldn't buy a game AT ALL until it goes on sale, due to the frequency of the sales.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

reborn

OBLIVION GOTY 75% OFF!!
For those who have it already, which game do you think is better: Oblivion Goty or Oblivion Goty Deluxe? I mean, are there really a lot of differences between them? Thanks in advance!

Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Persona (PSP), Disgaea 3 (Vita), Yumi's Odd Odyssey (3DS), Devil Survivor Overclocked (3DS).
Recently finished: Pokémon X (3DS), Persona 3 Portable (PSP), Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS), Virtue's Last Reward (3DS).
FC: 0748-1618-4432

V8_Ninja

@reborn If I'm correct, the GOTY Deluxe edition has extra content that is impossible to obtain with just the normal GOTY edition. If I'm correct, the Deluxe edition includes one extra expansion and a handful of new areas that were made post-release of the standard GOTY re-release. I personally can't tell you if it's worth it, but I imagine the extra $1.25 wouldn't hurt the bank.

Platypus

Sim City 4 is $5 today. Best of the Sim games. I highly recommend it.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

NX01Trekkie1992

well, I started off my collection with Portal, I tried the demo, and after that, I simply could no longer wait for the game to go on sale to buy it, TOO GOOD, I did dload TF2 the other day since it was free, but haven't tried it yet. I'll be giving the rest of the games you all suggested a look as well, thanks for the advice

NX01Trekkie1992

Xkhaoz

Well, looks like we have some good deals. Super Maet Boy Anniversary Pack. Excellent games, but only if you don't own too many of these. Also, free Magicka weekend plus 75% off. And finally, Bejewelled 3 half off. I don't know about you, but maybe Magicka

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.