Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,801 to 2,820 of 16,083

MrGawain

It doesn't really matter if you have a 500MB or 1TB PS4 if every game you buy needs a 25% patch (how many Arkham, Bloodborne and Witcher 3 updates have their been?). I have 11 retail games, and downloaded versions of SF4 and TT GOT, and it's already filled up my hard drive to 75%

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Shinion

@MrGawain: yeah what 'people' like that guy above can't see because of his 'tendencies' is how ridiculous it is that Sony/Microsoft had the gall to launch these mid range PC substitutes with only 500GB models. And then they bring Nintendo into it. For some reason. Until Dawn of all games needs 50GB (10%) to work properly for crying out loud! If you are serious about owning lots of games for these systems, you need more than what Sony/Microsoft are offering, even the 1TB won't cut it as I'm nearly halfway full on my PS4's 2TB with 'only' 25-30 games 2 years after launch. I can kinda give Microsoft the benefit of the doubt because they have done the least I would expect by giving the customer options (external cough-cough) but nah Sony have dropped the ball big time.

Yet of course I'm the bad guy/whiner/whatever and Sony are infallible so ignore this if that's what you believe.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

IceClimbers

Any of you buying Gravity Rush Remastered?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Shinion

@IceClimbers: Yar, though I'll be waiting for a price decrease like with 90% of games I'll buy on my Xbox One and PS4, as I'm tired of being burned on games that plummet in price because of course they do. I've been assured it's high quality and it's launching at £25 which is more than fair but as a Vita port nah I'll pick it up when it's £10. Is it coming out this month or next?

Shinion

IceClimbers

@TheLastLugia: Next month. I'm planning on getting it. $30 is a fair price for me, and I'll want something to play on my PS4 come next month anyways as I'll be about done with Battlefront. Delaying my purchase of FE Fates until later on though.

IceClimbers

@EdJericho: It's Amazon exclusive? Well shoot. Guess I'm getting ordering it from there haha. Did not know it was exclusive. Thanks for the heads up!

Hmm, I wonder if the 20% off applies to the 30-day trial period. If so, then I'll do that and order the game, then cancel Amazon Prime after I receive the game.

Octane

@IceClimbers: I've got mine pre-ordered (€27 including shipping, awesome!). A budget game; yet I'm very impressed with the visual upgrade. I'm looking forward to Gravity Rush 2, and this game is a great way to get myself familar with the series. As someone who never owned a PS3 or Vita, all the remasters Sony releases are very much appreciated.

Octane

Ralizah

@IceClimbers: In a few months. I had planned on getting it right away, but between FE: Fates SE, Twilight Princess HD, and Estival Versus, I'm strapped for extra cash atm.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

NPD platform numbers for 2015:

PS4 - 5740K
XB1 - 4940K
3DS - 2420K
WIU - 1340K

PlayStation 4 sold, on average, 480,000 every month.
Xbox One sold, on average, 410,000 every month.
3DS sold, on average, 200,000 every month.
Wii U sold, on average, 110,000 every month.

Interestingly, we now know that the United States and the United Kingdom combined narrowly makes up for 70% of the total market share for the Xbox One worldwide. Talk about relying on two countries!

Here's the top ten of 2015, software wise:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III (Activision Blizzard)
Madden NFL 16 (Electronic Arts)
Fallout 4 (Bethesda Softworks)
Star Wars: Battlefront (Electronic Arts)
Grand Theft Auto V (Take-Two)
NBA 2K16 (Take-Two)
Minecraft (Microsoft)
FIFA 16 (Electronic Arts)
Mortal Kombat X (Warner Bros)
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Activision Blizzard)

It's also the first time that a mainline Halo game failed to break the yearly top ten list, which is a shame...

Peek-a-boo

banacheck

@IceClimbers: Yes I am definitely getting Gravity Rush Remastered & Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2. Iam playing the Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare 2 Beta at the moment & it's really good better than the first one, & it's got a single player mode this time also cannot wait to play the full version.

banacheck

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: yeah I'm with you on the shame part, no new IPs in the top 10 and 2 CODs. Yawn. It wasn't much better in the UK either, with only 3 new IPs out of the FIFTY bestsellers. Gotta love indies for that originality, Pony Island is the bee's knees.

Shinion

Gamer83

@Peek-a-boo:
Not surprised Halo 5 didn't break through because it's also one of the weakest mainline Halo games. Disappointing. As a big fan of the series, I think MS needs to shake things up at 343 a bit.

Gamer83

veeflames

Never even realized that Gravity Rush Remastered was coming out so soon! And that Gravity Rush 2 doesn't have a release date. That's actually good for me... I can buy other games alongside GRR when I get a PS4... or even pick up a Raspberry Pi 2 for my programming needs (I really want one of those things!)
There's also Tearaway Unfolded, LBP3, the FFVII remake, and Uncharted 4.. which I don't plan to get until I play the first three games (which is available for the PS4, I believe). Yup, looks like I'll be busy when I finally get my hands on a PS4!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

nacho_chicken

Question for the 2 of you who own a Vita as well: How is the PS4-Vita Remote Play?

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Dezzy

Anyone else tried Tales of Zestiria yet? I'm really liking it. The Tales series is completely hit or miss in my experience. Sometimes they really grab me. Sometimes I get bored after an hour. Abyss and Symphonia really grabbed me. Most of the others didn't (although never got to try Vesperia). This one goes in the former category. The characters, story and world are all really great so far. Give it a try.

nacho_chicken wrote:

Question for the 2 of you who own a Vita as well: How is the PS4-Vita Remote Play?

Serviceable but not as good as the Wii U gamepad.
The connection's not quite as fast, but is still easily playable. Lots of PS4 games have been clearly designed for a big screen so don't really scale down very well whilst remaining equally as fun (kinda true of playing Xenoblade X on the gamepad too). For example, you can barely read the text in the Witcher 3 on a Vita.
And then, there's the problems of the button allocations onto the back touch screen. Although I did just get one of these to help remedy that:
http://www.play-asia.com/l2r2-button-grip-cover-for-pch-1000-...
Now Sold out apparently

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Vee_Flames: Uncharted Collection is available for PS4; It's about €30/40 for three remastered games.

Octane

Blast

IceClimbers wrote:

Any of you buying Gravity Rush Remastered?

Heck yeah!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ralizah

It's definitely a great game. I've played the original Vita version 3+ times now, and will probably play it through at least once or twice more on the PS4. The sense of freedom you get when you finally build up your gravity meter so that you can travel between continents by yourself is exhilarating.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Shinion

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VysWXsuGPHQ

A VERY worthwhile watch if you're wondering why this generation has took over two years to get going with those two years filled with remasters, ports, rushed and buggy games. Also sheds light on what these AAA companies think of their customers and the industry they are supposedly experts on, and also tells us why (particularly with Square-Enix) future games are being sold in pieces before it has reached full completion.

PS I'm not Jim Sterling or a Patreon of his I just want to share this what I believe to be a very accurate representation of the AAA market to spark discussion.

Shinion

banacheck

Who is looking forwards to Street Fighter V next month? I am going to be broke by the end of this year with the amount of great games coming out.

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic