Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,821 to 2,840 of 16,083

Octane

@banacheck: Not really, might pick it up later though. I've got already too many games to look forward to, SFV didn't make that list unfortunately.

Octane

Haru17

I'd rather die than listen to another blustery British youtuber share their views on the 'state of the gaming industry.' 2014 was a fine year, it's called people making their games before releasing them. Mind some hits like Dragon Age Inquisition—and Nintendo's entire Wii U 1st party line up—did release that year.

I have to say, I'm settling pretty cosily into the 'PS4 ecosystem.' Just this January we've had Amplitude on the 5th, Gone Home on the 12th, and The Witness on the 26th with Gravity Rush and Firewatch following on February 2nd and 9th respectively.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Gamer83

@banacheck:
Have Gravity Rush Remastered and SF V pre-ordered. Those will be the big games for the early part of the year for me and should easily last until Quantum Break in April.

Gamer83

Octane

Valkyria Chronicles Remastered is coming this Spring to PS4!

Also, The Witness releases tomorrow and the reviews are looking great; 87 for the PS4 version and 90 for the PC version. Won't be playing the game tomorrow, but when I get home this weekend, I certainly will.

Octane

Ralizah

That VC Remaster on PS4 is nice for those who weren't able to play it on PC. I really hope that new one comes over, and that we get remasters of the handheld entries in the series.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dave24

Ralizah wrote:

I really hope that new one comes over, and that we get remasters of the handheld entries in the series.

You don't want remasters of them. Also, they would bomb hard and 2 and 3 wouldn't be worth the money they would put into porting.
Those games were okay for PSP, but for PS4 it would blow chunks. Reused content, really small maps, constant teleports... If you can, just get 2 for PSP, it's dirt cheap.

I'll wait for the price drop that The Witness will get in probably 2-3 months from now. What worries me is that it looks like there is only one type of puzzle - maze. 600 of them.
For 20 hour game like Talos it worked, although there was some variation and yet by the end it was little tiresome.

Dave24

Freeon-Leon

Ok so my brother is going to buy a PS4 tomorrow and I was wondering... What are the top 5 essential PS4 games in your opinion? I'd really like to know, it doesn't matter if they're multiplat or exclusives, I want to buy only the best of the best.

Check out my super awesome Super Mario Maker levels.

3DS Friend Code: 4596-9585-5314 | Nintendo Network ID: JahirBGoode

Dave24

Nathan Drake Collection
Shadow of Mordor
Bloodborne GOTY edition
Infamous
Metal Gear Solid V

Honorable mentions
Until Dawn
Tearaway Unfolded
Metro Redux

Dave24

Shinion

Bloodborne
Until Dawn
Rocket League
The Witcher 3
The Last of Us Remastered

Shinion

Ralizah

Dave24 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I really hope that new one comes over, and that we get remasters of the handheld entries in the series.

You don't want remasters of them. Also, they would bomb hard and 2 and 3 wouldn't be worth the money they would put into porting.

I do want remasters of them. Obviously they would have some limitations, like Type-0 HD did when it was remastered, but it would be a good way to introduce the games to a wider audience.

Dave24

@Ralizah: It wouldn't, it could actually damage the series even further.
I mean, if you expect it to be even half the size of the first game, then you are wrong. You know how big the maps are? Most of them you can walk in their interity in one turn. Yeah, the mission are bigger, but that's where teleport comes in and changes a map a little to another one that you can walk through with medic or scout in one, maybe 2 if there is "big" map. It was good but budget little game for PSP, but for PS4 I can see now people being p#ssed and calling it cashgrab with metacritic 60/100. Good way of re-introducing is actually only the first game and maybe the new upcoming one.
To make these games worth getting, they would need to make complete overhaul, unless they released it for like 10 bucks, which won't happen probably.
Type-0 further proves my point - legend and great on PSP, but one of the lowest rated FF on console.

Dave24

Octane

@Dave24: I haven't seen too much of The Witness, outside of the trailers as I don't want to spoil the game. I do hope there's a bigger puzzle you're solving, and I think there is. The maze puzzles are probably and hopefully part of some bigger thing.

Octane

Blast

Dave24 wrote:

@Ralizah: It wouldn't, it could actually damage the series even further.
I mean, if you expect it to be even half the size of the first game, then you are wrong. You know how big the maps are? Most of them you can walk in their interity in one turn. Yeah, the mission are bigger, but that's where teleport comes in and changes a map a little to another one that you can walk through with medic or scout in one, maybe 2 if there is "big" map. It was good but budget little game for PSP, but for PS4 I can see now people being p#ssed and calling it cashgrab with metacritic 60/100. Good way of re-introducing is actually only the first game and maybe the new upcoming one.
To make these games worth getting, they would need to make complete overhaul, unless they released it for like 10 bucks, which won't happen probably.
Type-0 further proves my point - legend and great on PSP, but one of the lowest rated FF on console.

Type-O HD is pretty bad. Really should've came to Vita... Not PS4.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Dave24

Other than some ps1/classics, I don't feel like we are getting shortest straw in EU. It probably won't make Atlus or NIS games release any faster anyway, because PEGI/ERSB.
Nintendo on the other hand...

Dave24

Ralizah

At least somebody has some integrity.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/gal-gun-double-peace-coming-west-2016

Gal Gun: Double Peace will come to PlayStation 4 and PS Vita via publisher PQube in North America and Europe in 2016, the company announced.

According to PQube’s public relations manager, the game will be “completely intact from the Japanese version” with “no censoring.”

Edited on by Ralizah

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano: Nope. They never mentioned regional stuff. It's just them streamlining the online networking and gaming stuff into one divisional company. It's also them moving the base of their operations from Japan to the US, symbolizing them becoming a western company rather than a Japanese one. Nintendo will be the only one with their main headquarters located in Japan.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

martinskrtel37

what happens when they pull the battlefront servers offline? at least you'll have the memories

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Ralizah

The Ikkitousen characters won't be available as DLC in the West for Estival Versus. Probably some licensing issue.

Source: http://estivalversus.com/updates/

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic