Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 16,084

Dave24

@TheLastLugia: you don't need a drink, you're too drunk already

What I hate about Sony is that with HDD transfer there is barely any mention about... back-up option, so I don't blame you for not knowing.

If you backed-up your hdd, you only had to restore it on new HDD - with every single file intact and no need to download.
I was afraid of changing HDD because of fear of downloading everything, but thankfuly found out about backup option, and I didn't have to download anything.

Dave24

Shinion

@Dave24: you'll have to explain that in more colloquial terms if I am to understand. I'm still trying to wrap my head around how Sony thought it was a good idea to name the update file for a PS4 system the exact same as the fresh install one AND have them in the exact same area. Took me half an hour to realise that.

Oh and if you can get drunk on Coca-cola I would be very happy of that right now, haven't got much in the way of booze I'm afraid.

Shinion

Shinion

Now to rub salt in the wounds I've received today thanks to Sony and the PS4, I've tried to play Star Wars Battlefront since re-installing it and I've been greeted by the never ending Darth Vader mini-game glitch/bug/whatever that I was in no mood to encounter again in my life. I've tried doing the things that worked when I first got it (A.K.A restoring the licenses thingy) but it hasn't worked after more than one attempt. 'Solutions' to this problem given at the time of launch include deleting everything to do with Battlefront including the saved data of both the main game and the beta (which I have played though of course not re-installed to my new hard drive) but I of course won't delete the save data of the main game now considering I'm rank 30 nearly. What a disaster this has been that could have took 10 minutes and no problems if Sony weren't the lazy, anti-consumer scumbag company they are.

Oh and screw EA too. Again. Can't catch a break with them it seems, the problems with Battlefield 4 I experienced with it deleting my single player save and now this. Eh the videogame industry, what a mess.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Shinion

@Tasuki: if you read my earlier post(s) all this has come about because of the problems of swapping out my PS4's hard drive. So yeah I'm less than pleased Sony didn't give me the better option of using an external one. I still have 15 or so updates to go. Fun times, fun times.

EDIT: I THINK I know that EA published it, I most certainly do not need clarification on that

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

whodatninja

@rallydefault: Origins is still my favourite. I miss when I could RP as a heartless bastard. In Inquisition I could at most be a well meaning grump. Bioware spent more time building overstuffed fantasy landscapes.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Ralizah

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Tasuki: if you read my earlier post(s) all this has come about because of the problems of swapping out my PS4's hard drive. So yeah I'm less than pleased Sony didn't give me the better option of using an external one. I still have 15 or so updates to go. Fun times, fun times.

EDIT: I THINK I know that EA published it, I most certainly do not need clarification on that

Having to swap hard drives is not the reason Battlefront is a buggy mess on your system, so going off on Sony doesn't really make any sense in this context.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Gamer83

I've always said the biggest thing needed for PS4 is the ability to use an external harddrive. It's ridiculous this isn't one of the most requested features. It should be as 'duh' as folders but nobody says anything and Sony hasn't even seen fit to solve the ridiculously easy to fix issue of folders so I've given up hope.

Gamer83

Dave24

@Gamer83: thankfully it's not a problem anymore, because they made backup and restore option, so when you swap hdd you don't have to download anything.
The most idiotic part of the process is finding out about proper file to install the system, because Sony directs you to a wrong one.

Dave24

Peek-a-boo

Yeah, the handy 'back up and restore' saved me from having to redownload all my games from my old 500GB hard drive to my new 2GB hybrid SSD. Took an hour or so however, it is better than using your monthly (internet) usage to redownload all of your games again.

If only TheLastLugia asked for a little bit of help on here - or browsed the helpful web - rather than mouthing off on Sony about all his problem(s)! It is almost becoming a parody now, but it doesn't surprise me in the least.

On another subject altogether, Amplitude is really good! I have been playing this on and off for the past couple of days.

Untitled

The expert mode is devilishly tricky though; my reaction times are considerably slower than when I first played Frequency all those years ago. The lack of license songs was a bit of a bummer at first, yet the soundtrack offers a surprisingly varied amount of choice - no one song sounds quite the same, which is great.

It's a nice start to an incredibly packed year for the PlayStation 4.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

PS4 2016 review FROM THE FUUUUUUTURE:

JRPGs/10

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: well safe to say we're both becoming predictable then, because that's exactly the response I expected from you, right down to the pic of an average PS4 game with a few sentences of text hyping it up. Who needs Sony to be a helpful company for their customers? Who needs the 10x more simple option of using external hard drives? Who needs EA Access? Who needs anything other than what Sony have given us? Naughty God's latest masterpiece is out in a few months, how dare I criticise Sony? Obviously it was my fault for not doing something 3 sources (including Sony of course ) didn't mention, having options is completely unjustifiable. Unless it's Nintendo/Microsoft/PC then it's fair game!

Shinion

Peek-a-boo

I talked about Amplitude because - GASP - we appear to be on a games forum that just so happens to be a place where we can converse to other folks about games.

Who knew, hey?

I believe Sony should give everybody the option to have external hard drive support however, I was just pointing out how you preferred to whinge about Sony when it was you who cocked up the hard drive transfer in the first place.

A little bit of reading on the helpful web (if you are unsure) does wonders, but nope, it is Sony's fault according to you.

Not overly sure what the latter half of your message is all about so, I will just leave those words to linger aimlessly.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@Peek-a-boo: 'a little bit of reading'
Expect I did a little bit of reading, my bad I actually did a lot of reading and on Sony's website no less on the exact page they mention what to do to swap out a hard drive, and they didn't mention this at all. I've since looked up this process and wouldn't you know it, it requires some USB storage device doohickey or whatever that I don't have that would've cost an extra £20-40. Thank God for that extra special Sony care and customer service! What a thoughtful group they are.

Anyway there's too much pro-consumption & game company infatuation here for my taste especially as that guy above you who I'm convinced sleeps with his PS4 has arrived. I've still got a dozen or so downloads to do anyway.

Oh and a new PS4 update is here, as far as I can tell, in the UK at least, the biggest change is that they've added both Borderlands 1 & 2 as well as Bioshock 1 & 2 to PS Now for the two idiots like me who are still subscribed to this service. Hype?

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Dave24

TheLastLugia wrote:

@Peek-a-boo: 'a little bit of reading'
they didn't mention this at all.

https://support.us.playstation.com/articles/en_US/KC_Article/...

Back up saved data for games
All game, app, and saved data: You can back up your entire HDD by to a USB drive by following the steps here (http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/backup.html).

I guess they did mention it.
I missed it the first time too. Thank God I noticed it before having horrible thing of wiping out hdd happen.

Edited on by Dave24

Dave24

arnoldlayne83

@TheLastLugia: I did the upgrade after 6 month I owed the ps4. It is pretty easy to do. Yes you can backup your old HDD and for this you have to get an external usb case for your hard drive, or you can upload your savegames to the cloud and then just reinstall the games you want to play (fortunately I buy almost all my games on discs).

The investment for the usb case is paid back since you can then format your old 500Gb HD and use it as external usb disk for your personal data (or, like in my case, I have all my movies and music on it so I can use my ps4 as a media center..)

psn: markthesovver83 ; Nnid: arnoldlayne83

Nintendo Network ID: arnoldlayne83

Ralizah

It's way easier to just back up my save data to the cloud so I can remove games that I'm not actively playing. Unless you're a digital-only person, there's no reason to horde stuff on your hard drive when you're not actively playing it.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Shinion

So continuing with my 'Nothing Is Going Right For Me On PS4' week, after finally picking up the first expansion to my 10th favourite ever game and my favourite game of this gen, Hearts of Stone for The Witcher 3, I wait a painstaking amount of time for it to install after yesterday's debacle, and now it's installed and ready to go, it won't let me start after selecting the difficulty. I've done the obvious and googled this and found that this was an issue on multiple platforms that was apparently fixed with patch no1000000 not long after the expansion released. Well it still ain't working for me so yeah. After being quite rightly told off by the guy with the Toon Link avatar for daring to question AAA companies' business practices, like making things I buy from them work, I am now taking up his advice and coming to you first. Any tips and did any of you have this problem?

Good thing CDPR sent me that thank you slip with the game and the guy with the Toon Link avatar told me how abhorrent it is to criticise game companies because without that I would be peeved off at CDPR for selling me something that doesn't work. But of course I am now perfectly OK with these things and would appreciate any advice from you since there's obviously no need to complain about broken products when it's got anything to do with PS4.

Thanks in advance!

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Shinion

@MadAussieBloke: ayy lmao

So my Hearts of Stone expansion finally works now after several attempts, good to be playing some new Witcher 3 content after a break of a few months. Ultimately, that few months break has meant that I now suck at the game and have already died a few times, and that has subsequently reintroduced me to probably the worst part of this game- the loading times. I managed in the main game and I'll manage with the expansion now I guess.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic