Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,561 to 2,580 of 16,083

shingi_70

@Blast:

Its nothing wrong its just JRPGS and the Japanese games scene in general isn't that popular outside of fighting games, Nintendo, and a few headline franchises.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

IceClimbers

Congrats to Sony for surpassing 30 million sold. Not even Black Friday yet. Will hit 35 million by the end of 2015 I bet.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

WebHead

@IceClimbers: Very real chance it'll reach 50 million by the time the system turns 3 years old.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

veeflames

@WebHead: Very real chance I'll be part of the Playstation family come mid-next year, too. It'll be the first time a Sony console (PS4) has ever entered our household (after 3 or 4 failed attempts ) I can't afford to miss Gravity Rush, Uncharted and LBP again.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Haruki_NLI

Just sold off my Wii U and 3DS, strictly Sony now. I'm not using them as much sadly.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

@Peek-a-boo: I'm not denying that there are also plenty of games that do sell well in other regions, but certain genres (or even specific games) seem to perform better in certain regions, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Octane

WebHead

@Volcanox: I did the same thing this year honestly.

WebHead

Peek-a-boo

The reason why I haven't sold my 3DS or Wii U yet is because I not only have a few games that I would like to play, I made a regretful mistake in selling my Wii with all of those numerous Virtual Console games (upwards of £200 worth) BEFORE I was gifted my Wii U a couple of Christmases ago.

If I knew you could transfer everything over or to be able to participate in those £1-something loyalty schemes to 'upgrade' your old games onto the Wii U, then I would have kept my Wii for a little bit longer.

If you have plenty of digital stuff, it's definitely worth holding onto them before a new Nintendo system comes out, which is probably next year some time.

As for now, I am more than happy to carry on with my PlayStation 4 and pop onto the 3DS and Wii U when a rare (but quality) Nintendo game comes out.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Gamer83

It'll be interesting to see where PS4 ends up sales wise. If this is a 7- or 8-year console gen like the last one it could equal PS2 but I don't think that's going to happen, and I actually expect this gen to be at least 3 years shorter than the last. Still, all this without many great exclusives is impressive but I guess it underlines something I underestimated and that's the power of making smart decisions when it comes to third party games you align your console with. When the time comes, if Sony gets the marketing deal with GTA VI, any chance Xbox One has of catching PS4 would be gone (if it's not already). Funny thing is, Xbox One has had the better exclusive games but none have generated the hype MS was hoping for. Complete opposite from last gen where it seemed MS could do no wrong from 2006-2010, and a lot of that also had to do with picking out the right third party partners.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

mookysam

@Blast: Even on the PS2 the sales for games that didn't have Final Fantasy in the title were not enormous, and that was a system that ended up selling over 150 million worldwide. These games have always been niche in Europe and North America but it is very encouraging that the PS4 is getting so much support. Not every game has to sell millions to meet expectations or be considered successful.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Ralizah

My PS4, like the Wii U, is primarily for Japanese exclusives. Persona 5, The Last Guardian, Gravity Rush 2... those sorts of games.

I'll use my PC for Western third-party games that tend to push the aged tech in the PS4 too hard.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Blast

Just bought Tomb Raider for PS4, Saints Row for PS4, Witcher 3, and Grand Theft Auto V! They all will be shipped to my house on next Friday... The same day Xenoblade Chronicles X releases I promised myself to buy more JRPGS next week. Dragon Quest Heroes and Tales of Zestiria will be mine!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ralizah

@Blast: GTA V is gorgeous on PS4/PC. Really glad I didn't get it when it first came out, so that I could experience it fresh with the next-gen version.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Shinion

@Blast: I can vouch for Dragon Quest, The Witcher 3 and Tomb Raider's quality, though the former isn't a traditional Dragon Quest JRPG at all. I personally preferred Hyrule Warriors, which had a far more diverse character roster and weapon sets, most characters in DQH use a sword or some sort of melee weapon, and there's nothing comparable to the brilliance of Zant or trampling moblins as Epona. Though the graphics are noticeably better (expected) and the enemy diversity is greater than Hyrule Warriors. There's not much between them and I would just say it would come down to whether you prefer Zelda or Dragon Quest as to which I'd recommend. Koei Tecmo do an outstanding job of recreating both, and I personally am a huge fan of both of them.

The other two are more straightforward to sum up. The Witcher 3 is the best western RPG I've ever played, and my favourite game this year. Tomb Raider is also fantastic and is a great reboot of a series that was in major need of one. I don't agree with the pessimism from some here about Square-Enix's Tomb Raider, though I think I know why they are negative towards it. I for one will be getting Rise of the Tomb Raider very soon, and looking forward to what I hear is a fantastic sequel. Which most people here will have to wait a year but that's how it goes I guess. Hope you enjoy those 3 as much as I did, can't say anything positive about the other two as I haven't played them and don't want to (I must be the only British male 'gamer' who has 0 interest in GTA lol).

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Blast

The only bad thing about Tomb Raider... Is that Lara still doesn't have a personality.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Shinion

15 mins into Rainbow Six Seige matchmaking and chill and you realise there are better things you could be doing with your time. Avoid this garbage people, I implore you get Battlefront instead, at least that works flawlessly. Ubisoft can shove it after this train wreck.

Shinion

WebHead

@TheLastLugia: Yeah I just played it myself. Definitely not worth $60.

WebHead

Gamer83

It's a shame Rainbow Six Siege turned out the way it did. Went from the potential-filled RS: Patriots to the nonsense we got. Terrible job by Ubisoft but I'm not surprised. There isn't a company that defines the definition of a hit or miss developer better than Ubisoft and when it misses the mark it misses very badly.

Gamer83

Shinion

@Gamer83: what hits would you say Ubisoft have had this gen? I've at least played most of their games and they really are the epitome of everything wrong with AAA gaming. No new ideas, rip-off DLC/microtransactions, broken games at launch and of course the worst part of all is their 'we're right and perfect and you're wrong shut up and give us all your money' demeanour and attitude whenever they comment publicly. Ugh just why oh why do people still get themselves excited over a new Assassin's Creed game I'll never know.

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic