Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,201 to 2,220 of 16,083

Haruki_NLI

I'm now holding off on the PS4 purchase until that price drop comes over here, but EU so doubt it.

TGS is proving interesting though. Lots of games being announced, but none of which are really...grabbing me. And looking at the next year or so of content for the little....rhombus? it might be worth having the price drop.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ryu_Niiyama

@SuperWiiU: Agreed I'm putting the release of SFV as my deadline to buy the system. I'm not really feeling the new KOF look but still buying day one. I just need a new soul calibur and VF...

Does anyone know if ps3 arcade sticks work with the ps4?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Ralizah

Jesus, it's amazing how Sony keeps removing exclusives from the Vita's library. Oh well, at least Gravity Rush 2 has a solid release window now.

Will be getting DR3 on Vita. Those games are perfect on a handheld device.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

The amount of support the PlayStation 4 is getting from Japan is ridiculously good! Lots of (new) exclusives on the PS Vita and PS4 too, which makes me all the more pleased that I chose the PlayStation 4 to compliment my Wii U.

You had the announcement of the Bloodborne: The Old Hunters expansion on the 24th of November, Everybody's Golf for 2016, a global worldwide launch for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, a remaster of the brilliant Gravity Rush which is available on the 10th of December, the long awaited reveal of the sequel, Gravity Daze 2, available sometime in 2016.

You also have a Yakuza remake in January AND Yakuza 6 for next Autumn, King of Fighters XIV exclusively for PlayStation 4, One Piece: Burning Blood on both PS Vita and PS4, the surprisingly underrated sequel to Toukiden Kiwami for PS3, PS4 and PS Vita in 2016, Nioh exclusively for PlayStation 4 in 2016 (this looks like Onimusha!).

The new (and fifth) Star Ocean game for PS3 and PS4 in February, Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 on the PlayStation 4, Project Setsuna for PS4 and PS Vita in 2016, Biohazard Umbrella Corps exclusively for PC and PS4 in 2016, Danganronpa 3 for PS4 and PS Vita, Dragon Quest Builders out in January and Persona 5 on the PS3 and PS4 later this year.

That there is an INCREDIBLE line up!

I'd be quite annoyed if I couldn't play some of those games, but thankfully I can.

Peek-a-boo

SuperWiiU

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@SuperWiiU: Agreed I'm putting the release of SFV as my deadline to buy the system. I'm not really feeling the new KOF look but still buying day one. I just need a new soul calibur and VF...

Does anyone know if ps3 arcade sticks work with the ps4?

I haven't even seen the new KOF look, I only read the announcement and that the graphics would be in full 3D like the Maximum Impact games.
I would welcome a new VF too, VF5 was one of my favorite PS3 fighters.

From what I've read PS3 arcade sticks aren't supported on PS4 in itself, every game needs to have it coded in to work. I know USFIV and Skullgirls Encore(the developers of SE made their driver available for others) support them, and I hope other fighting games that don't will be patched in the future.

Haru17

Guys, guys, guys... Sony won. I don't care what exclusives Microsoft, or even Nintendo, produce; they can't beat basically every Japanese dev + Sony's western first and third parties.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

AbsolutSnake

Wow I just saw the line up for Sony's TGS, that's a pretty good line up especially if you're taste veer towards the east. Feels like back in the PSX/2 days

I was reading somewhere over at Gaf that said a lot of Japanese Devs are switching over to UE4, due to the cost of creating custom in house engine and that with UE4 they've given lots of Japanese Devs support and feedback etc. Unlike UE3.

Off topic - This is where I think Nintendo new console will have to play ball if they are looking to court 3rd Party Devs, Because HD dev isn't getting cheaper and if more and more Dev's are using UE4 and 5 on wards, then Nintendo will have to build a console/platform which they can handle these new engines.

AbsolutSnake

RR529

Yeah, I watched the Playstation TGS 2015 conference last night, and that was pretty fun (as the poster above said, it almost felt like a PS2 event, in terms of the vibe).

It didn't have the massive bombs that their E3 conference had, but the lineup overall was more interesting, and I want to say the presentation was brighter in terms of color & tone, which I liked.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Gamer83

When you factor in all the niche games PS4 is getting in Japan, that's territory where the console has its best library, yet that's also where it sells the worst, go figure. It's a shame we won't be getting many of these in the West. Hell the only things shown from TGS that have been confirmed by Sony America are the Bloodborne DLC and Gravity Rush Remastered. If we can't at least get Gravity Rush 2 I'll be very disappointed. Yakuza 6 can definitely be ruled out and that's hugely disappointing.

Gamer83

Peek-a-boo

Haru17 wrote:

Guys, guys, guys... Sony won. I don't care what exclusives Microsoft, or even Nintendo, produce; they can't beat basically every Japanese dev + Sony's western first and third parties.

The amount of RPGs is absolutely absurd too. Just look at this list; each game was shown at Tokyo Games Show in some shape or form:

Persona 5, which is sadly delayed until 'summer 2016'
Star Ocean 5
Final Fantasy VII (PC Port)
Final Fantasy VII remake
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Heroes 1 & 2
Dragon Quest XI
Nier 2
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
World of Final Fantasy
Kingdom Hearts 3
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
SaGa Scarlet Grace (PS Vita)
Final Fantasy XV
Tales of Zestiria
Tales of Berseria
Disgaea 5
Fairy Fencer: Advent Dark Force
Ys 8
The Witch And The Hundred Knights
Yoru no Nai Kuni
Dragon's Dogma Online (only in Japan at the moment)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
Hyperdimension Neptunia VII Part II
Atelier Sophie
Project Setsuna
Utawarerumono False Mask
Exist Archive (a Spike Chunsoft and Tri-Ace collaboration)
Cosmic Star Heroine
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Dark Souls 3 (more so an action game, but hey-ho)
Grand Kingdom
Sword Art Online IV
13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim (a new Vanillaware title)
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Ni-Oh
Indivisible

Only two or three out of all of those will be available on the Xbox One. Like I said, it's absurd!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Grumblevolcano

Persona 5 seems to be deconfirmed for Europe?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DefHalan

SuperWiiU wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

No, just not mentioned. But who cares cause region free.

My guess would be Europe would come at a later date.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Haru17

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim: Please Notice Me Title Localization Senpai! Seriously, this game and Gravity Rush look SICK.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Grumblevolcano

SuperWiiU wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

True, sometimes I forget Nintendo is the only one left with region locking.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Unless something drastic happens, we can probably expect a PS2-era level of domination of the market by Sony for the next several years. Heck, even I own a PS4, and I skipped Sony entirely last gen.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah wrote:

Unless something drastic happens, we can probably expect a PS2-era level of domination of the market by Sony for the next several years. Heck, even I own a PS4, and I skipped Sony entirely last gen.

Sony made all the right moves with the PlayStation 4 and did the polar opposite during the early days of their openly arrogant PlayStation 3 years, the latter of which happened to Microsoft this time round, although they were quick to react to what could have potentially been a sinking ship.

I had a Wii and Xbox 360 last time round however, after Super Mario Galaxy 2, both Nintendo and the third party support begun to drift away from the Wii altogether, and the Kinect marked a similar downfall for the Xbox 360 at a time when Sony were continuing to pour all their support into the PlayStation 3, five or six years after it had first came out.

I eventually sold my Wii and Xbox 360 on Gumtree and put the money towards a fairly cool looking azurite blue PlayStation 3 when Journey and The Last of Us was available. I have never looked back since!

Outside of some generous support from Square-Enix (Final Fantasy XV and the new Tomb Raider) as well as Scalebound by Platinum Games, the Xbox One seems to be devoid of any support from the Far East; it is a Western console, through and through.

I hope this Nintendo NX is roughly as powerful as the PlayStation 4, or perhaps on the weaker side like the Xbox One, because if it's not, the numerous Japanese developers would probably prefer to stick to who is bringing in the audience and money as opposed to playing a risky game of, 'will our software sell (on the NX) or not?'.

Interesting times ahead, what with the PlayStation 4 globally outselling the Xbox One 2:1 and the Wii U sadly fading away - anything can happen in a few years time if one of the other two players play their cards right.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Jaz007

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SuperWiiU wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

True, sometimes I forget Nintendo is the only one left with region locking.

It might just be because it's the NA twitter account and they want the post to be concise.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic