Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,221 to 2,240 of 16,084

Peek-a-boo

I think I have just stumbled upon the best box art of 2015; so simple yet elegant, just like the minimalistic box art movement during the PSone era.

Untitled

The cat has the universe within its body, like a starry black hole.

🐈 + 🌌 = ❤️

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: That... is really pretty. I want that. I hope the American version has similar box art.

This is going to be the first game I platinum twice.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I think I have just stumbled upon the best box art of 2015; so simple yet elegant, just like the minimalistic box art movement during the PSone era.

Untitled

The cat has the universe within its body, like a starry black hole.

🐈 + 🌌 = ❤️

Nah, she's not standing menacingly either facing towards or away from the cover holding a deadly weapon: 2/10!

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haruki_NLI

After almost two years of indifference and questioning how Sony treats UK residents, I bit. I ordered a 1TB PS4. No games, since all the bundles are meh, but ill fill it up in time. 3 games and 800GB of patches

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Peek-a-boo

@Volcanox: If you do not mind my asking, how does Sony treat a British citizen?

Given that I am one, I have had zero problems with Sony, and that includes going back as far as their Walkman and Trinitron televisions in the 90's. My DualShock 4 had the well known rubbery sticks issue (on the analogue stick) and they replaced it with a brand new one, I had a problem with my PlayStation 3 hard drive and they replaced the console with a brand new one.

I also had a defective square button on the original PSP and again, it was replaced with a newer model despite the older model being widely available at the time.

If anybody has been an issue for me, it's Microsoft however, that is mainly to do with their software on computers. More so in the past than present, but problems nonetheless. I also had not one, not two, but three RROD on my Xbox 360 too. A terrible piece of hardware, that was.

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@DiscoGentleman: There might be closer to when it releases. Fallout 4 is still a couple of months off. You might want to wait and see if it launches with a 1 TB model like the CoD PS4 did.

Haruki_NLI

@Peek-a-boo: You're referring to hardware. I'm referring to services and content. The day I see the EU PSN Store, on PS3 notably, run right, not crash, or be organised consistently, let alone updated, I will be impressed. That's just my most notable example.

MisterMan

I own a WiiU, 3ds, and play on Steam, but I think I'm going to head into gamestop and trade in some old games and buy a PS4 today. Unfortunately there's not a bundle I'm really interested in, besides the "Military Appreciation Bundle" which comes with an extra controller, NBA2k15, Last of Us, and 3 months of PS+ for $400. I think I have a little over $100 worth of WiiU games that I don't play anymore. Looking at Nintendo's upcoming release schedule I think I really need to get a different console if I want to play games on the couch. I actually thought about trading my New3ds in as well, and probably would if I didn't have so many games saved on the system. Steam is great, but I'm not a fan of extended sessions at the computer. Anyways, just thought I'd share that.

Edited on by MisterMan

MisterMan

SuperWiiU

MisterMan wrote:

I own a WiiU, 3ds, and play on Steam, but I think I'm going to head into gamestop and trade in some old games and buy a PS4 today. Unfortunately there's not a bundle I'm really interested in, besides the "Military Appreciation Bundle" which comes with an extra controller, NBA2k15, Last of Us, and 3 months of PS+ for $400. I think I have a little over $100 worth of WiiU games that I don't play anymore. Looking at Nintendo's upcoming release schedule I think I really need to get a different console if I want to play games on the couch. I actually thought about trading my New3ds in as well, and probably would if I didn't have so many games saved on the system. Steam is great, but I'm not a fan of extended sessions at the computer. Anyways, just thought I'd share that.

Isn't it worth the wait for the NX announcement? If that turns out well you might not need a PS4 for that couch gaming fix. Though a PS4+NX might be good combo for the last half of the decade.

MisterMan

@SuperWiiU: Yeah, if I had the patience I'd wait. But there's so many great games on the PS4 now that I'm much more interested in when compared to what's available on the WiiU. I

MisterMan

Tasuki

SuperWiiU wrote:

MisterMan wrote:

Isn't it worth the wait for the NX announcement? If that turns out well you might not need a PS4 for that couch gaming fix. Though a PS4+NX might be good combo for the last half of the decade.

Who knows when the NX will come out and how good of a library it will have. The PS4 is here now and it's library is starting to shape up big time.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

MisterMan

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered one today. I'm really looking forward to playing Arkham Knight and Bloodborne... maybe Metal Gear and Dragon Age after.

MisterMan

Gamer83

@MisterMan:
I'd definitely recommend MGS V. If you ever liked old school RE, Revelations 2 is only $30 and worth a buy as well.

Anyway, now is a good time to jump on the bandwagon. The PS4 finally started coming into its own this year with some great mutliplats (sure you can play them on Xbox One and PC but that doesn't mean they don't exist on PS4) and the exclusives should hit next year. Personally really hyped for Uncharted 4, Horizon and Street Fighter V.

Gamer83

Tasuki

@MisterMan: I also recommend InFamous Second Son, Drive Club (if you like racing games), Diablo III is great too if you like those types of games.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Ralizah

I recommend Transistor and Axiom Verge. Both great downloadable exclusives (well, Transistor is a console exclusive, at least).

Edited on by Ralizah

Haruki_NLI

Mine arrived today, wont get to play it until Friday night. Need to buy games for it now.

MisterMan

Thanks for all the recommendations everyone. I'll check those out. A friend of mine is loaning me a stack of games so I should be set for awhile.

MisterMan

Peek-a-boo

@Ralizah: I really, REALLY didn't like Transistor at first, mainly because you are thrown into the deep end with little explanation, especially compared to Bastian's comparatively simple combat however, as the story began to unravel, and you gradually find out what is happening - along with some decent bosses and combat upgrades along the way - it soon became one of my favourite games in recent years.

Whatever the developers do next, after the excellent Bastian and Transistor, they will be worth keeping an eye on.

I have been playing SOMA these past few nights and it is another excellent digital-only game with a forebodingly tense atmosphere and a story that I cannot wait to unravel. I'd much rather pay £20 for something like this as opposed to £50-60 for a so-called 'triple A' game.

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

@Peek-a-boo: It's really excellent for an "indie" game. I actually still need to play Bastion.

How is Soma? The game I've imagined could pretty much be described as "Amnesia meets Bioshock." I've heard mixed reviews on it.

Haruki_NLI

Took 10 minutes to find the power button. That's my only issue beyond the God forsaken UI XD

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic