Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 2,181 to 2,200 of 16,084

Peek-a-boo

I am really, really enjoying my time on the PlayStation 4 in the past month or so; so much so that my 3DS and Wii U haven't been switched on in yonks. That may well change when Super Mario Maker comes out though.

Helps with the likes of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Galax-Z, Journey re-release, N++, Rocket League (best multiplayer game since Mario Kart 8), The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Volume (from the Thomas Was Alone guy) and the trio of Until Dawn, Metal Gear Solid V and Tearaway Unfolded, the latter of which is coming out this week.

It's a good time to own and play on the PlayStation 4.

Peek-a-boo

octoman2611

Rocket League is soooo incredible. I agree that it's the best multiplayer game since Mario Kart 8, I could play it for hours.

Anybody played Shadow of Mordor? Considering buying as a birthday gift to myself as its gone very cheap. I know the reviews were good and it was hyped, but I wanna know if I'd be better served just shelling out slightly more for a newer PS4 game like Arkham Knight of Metal Gear.

octoman2611

Tasuki

@octoman2611: I believe they have a GOTY edition of Modor out now which includes all the DLC. Mordor is a great game the combat reminds me alot of the the Arkham series. If you like fantasy games I highly recommend it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peek-a-boo

@octoman2611: I don't want to 'be that person' however, you should know that the ending in Shadow of Mordor is easily one of the worse endings of all time - in any media, actually - and can sour the overall experience - and what little story there is - for you.

I would personally buy/play Metal Gear Solid V; best game going at this moment in time, even if it is dearer than Shadow of Mordor. Heck, I would gladly choose Batman: Arkham Knight over Shadow of Mordor too!

Peek-a-boo

Solatorobo

I keep trying to look for an excuse to buy a PS4 but I can never really find one, I want Uncharted 4 but at the same time I was kinda satisfied after 3, I kinda want Kingdom Hearts III but I don't actually like any KH games aside from 2 and I really want Dragon Quest XI but it's not even confirmed for a western release yet (I hate you Square Enix). The only game I REALLY would want is Hyperdimension Neptunia V, and one game is not enough to warrant a big purchase like a PS4.

I think I will wait on things like the NX Reveal and the verdict on Kingdom Hearts III before buying one. Any got any good weeb games for PS4 I might have missed?

Solatorobo

Nintendo Network ID: Magolorthegreat

Haru17

Peek-a-boo wrote:

I don't want to 'be that person' however, you should know that the ending in Shadow of Mordor is easily one of the worse endings of all time - in any media, actually - and can sour the overall experience - and what little story there is - for you.

I don't know about that. The game is a superficial 'serious' fantasy action story and the ending is similar. The cutscenes were fine, there just weren't many of them. QTEs aren't anything really; the game was never about boss fights other than the orc warlords to begin with.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Gamer83

@octoman2611:
I'd go with MGS V. Best game of the current-gen imo. Kind of miss all the crazy cutscenes I'm used to but the gameplay is so stellar it makes up for it.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

octoman2611

Thanks for the tips on which PS4 to buy everyone. Gonna go with whatever takes my fancy in store, though I'll probably play all of the games I mentioned eventually. The PS4 is building a stellar lineup.

octoman2611

Peek-a-boo

After finding myself feeling a little bit let down by Metal Gear Solid V the other day, I decided on a complete whim to begin Tearaway Unfolded, which popped through my letterbox yesterday morning.

I have to say, this is the best non-Nintendo game I have played in a very long time, and it genuinely would not look out of place on a Nintendo system. The game is also a REAL feast for the eyes too:

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

I believe there is a nice little demo on the PlayStation store if you wish to try it (before you buy it)!

I also would like to play Until Dawn, but I think I shall wait until the week before Halloween, as I am sure it will be cheaper to buy then too.

Peek-a-boo

Haru17

I'm going to buy Teraway... after I finish replaying the Prime Trilogy (currently in Sanctuary Fortress,) and Okami (at Orochi,) after I 100% Inquisition and complete the final story DLC, after I beat MGS5's 50 missions, after I finish Shadow of the Colossus, after I beat Mass Effect 2 and 3 (in the late game of 2,) after I complete Flower —and the Unfinished Swan—, after I play through Beyond Good and Evil, and Dragon's Dogma, and Deadly Premonition, which is all after I finish Teslagrad, and Awakening, and rain, after I finish DA Origins, and Dark Moon. Complex sentences boooiiii!

And I also need to buy a Vita to play Persona 4G, but that's assuming I get to any of these before fall quarter, Fallout 4, and eventually Monster Hunter Cross suck up all of my time. #GamingBacklogIsReal #FirstWorldProblems #Life #Hashtag

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Gamer83

@Peek-a-boo:

If you get Until Dawn, try to get some friends together to play it with you. It's awesome with a group of people eventhough it's only singleplayer. I haven't started up Tearaway yet but I bought it yesterday, looking forward to it as I only heard good things about the Vita version.

Gamer83

Peach64

So 3 PS2 Classics have been rated by the European ratings board PEGI! I was already happy with my PS4 purchase but if all my PSOne and PS2 Classics can be downloaded and played it on, then that's amazing. What's more, two of the three titles rated have not been currently available to download (In Europe). They are Ape Escape 2, Dark Chronicle and Twisted Metal: Black.

Peach64

Peek-a-boo

With the exception of some of the very finest PlayStation 2 games, I won't cough up anymore than £10 for those; I have a rather hard time justifying a Wii game for £18, let alone £9 for a DS and/or N64 game.

A bit odd that they chose Ape Escape 2 though, seeing as it is arguably the worse game in the series!

Hopefully they'll be able to release a couple of PSone and PS2 games every week - the Virtual Console situation on the Wii U is dire at the best of times.

Peek-a-boo

Peach64

I think the current price for them on PS3 is £7.99, but they frequently have 50% and 75% off sales. I have around 12 and the only one I paid full price for was Suikoden III.

Peach64

WebHead

Definitely get Tearaway Unfolded. It's so fun and beautiful in 1080p.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Peach64

TGS is proving pretty good for PS4 so far. Danganronpa 3 announced, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 (Dream Drop Distance in HD) announced, Yakuza 6 AND a remake of the first Yakuza announced, a sequel to the fantastic Gravity Rush announced, a new Everybody's Golf announced, new King of Fighters announced, new Vanillaware game announced and a price cut. I don't understand the price cut at all, but I can see them finally getting decent sales in Japan soon.

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

mookysam

Danganronpa 3 is a very exciting announcement.

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is nice I'm intrigued by the new Birth by Sleep episode starring Aqua. I also wonder how the touch screen features from Dream Drop Distance will be carried over.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic