Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 16,083

AlexSays

Issues with BF4 are vastly over-exaggerated. Most of the time it is a great online FPS with zero problems.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

WebHead

Gamer83 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Webhead - out of curiousity, do you have a PS3?

Well I have access to one but I don't actually own it. Its my brothers.

All those games except inFamous: Second Son are available on PS3. I'd still say PS4 is the way to go at this point because there are going to be some great games next year that won't be cross-gen, but CanisWolfred's point is a fair one.

Again Sony exclusives and if I'm going to buy a system I feel I should get the one that will be supported for the next 6 years. My mind is made.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

shingi_70

you know unless sony goes under in 3 years.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, hopefully that doesn't happen. Nobody except idiot fanboys gains anything from that.

Gamer83

CanisWolfred

Gamer83 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Webhead - out of curiousity, do you have a PS3?

Well I have access to one but I don't actually own it. Its my brothers.

All those games except inFamous: Second Son are available on PS3. I'd still say PS4 is the way to go at this point because there are going to be some great games next year that won't be cross-gen, but CanisWolfred's point is a fair one.

Nah, I was only curious. Couldn't remember if Webhead had one or not.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Gamer83 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, hopefully that doesn't happen. Nobody except idiot fanboys gains anything from that.

Of course just being a realist, Kaz has done a good job thus far but Sony is still losing a ton of money and even in areas that are doing well are only doing modest and haven't been market leaders. Plus as much as I like it, Morpheus is he type of product that if it fails could wipe out all the good the PS4 has been doing for the divison. Not to mention they'll Bungled their film division hard with Amazing Spider-man 2 underperforming compared to even the last two and Sony plans o go all out with spin offs. Not only that but they got screwed over by Disney getting their 30% of the spiderman film revenue in exchange for animation/Merchandising rights which make much more than the 30% Disney gave back.

I like Sony and it would be sad to see someone who makes good hardware leave the market while crap like samsung is still running around.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Dave24

shingi_70 wrote:

I like Sony and it would be sad to see someone who makes good hardware leave the market while crap like samsung is still running around.

You know that without Samsung, Sony would have even bigger trouble with TV dep, right?

What is depressing is the drought. The next game that can be interesting is Evil Within, but that's end of October. If anyone wants to buy PS4, it's better to wait to 2015. There will be more games and less dust gathering on it, and it gathers dust fast sadly.

Dave24

WebHead

I thought the evil within was coming out at the end of august? And there's plenty of games coming to the ps4. You just have to show the interest.

WebHead

Tasuki

I don't know. People are complaining that the PS4 has no games I honestly think they are just bored of video games in general cause I don't know what they are expecting. I myself have played some great games and most of them were free like Resogun. I thought Strider was good Thief was decent and heck even though AC: Black Flag was a weak AC game it was still a fun game. I just don't get people sometime.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

WebHead

If you are going to buy a system within its first year or so of being on the market, you will have to be patient with the software release schedule. Have you people not learned from the Wii U, 3DS, and so on?

WebHead

Gamer83

I've been one of the most outspoken b*tchers when it comes to PS4 not having a great year one. I say this because outside of inFamous and MLB The Show, the exclusives haven't been great, and even in inFamous' case while I love the game, it's short as hell. The other great games I've played are all cross-gen. The two best on both PS4 and X1 are AC IV and Watch Dogs. Now, both are great games, but you can get them on the last-gen counterparts and they're still very playable and I think that's where the trouble is. There's good games, but you have to go in knowing it's more an investment in the future. I actually expected a better slate of first party games because as pitiful as PS3's year one was, Sony actually provided some cool exclusives but it is what it is. Can only hope 2015 will be better and that we start seeing more current gen exclusive content, not just from Sony and MS but third parties as well. Batman: Arkham Knight and The Witcher 3 are at the top of my list because those games are being made strictly for the new hardware and PC. And The Order looks great graphically, unfortunately the 'gameplay' seems like trash. Shoot something, cutscene, shoot something, cutscene, and people slam the Metal Gear series.

WebHead wrote:

If you are going to buy a system within its first year or so of being on the market, you will have to be patient with the software release schedule. Have you people not learned from the Wii U, 3DS, and so on?

There's also examples of consoles having excellent first years though. The PS2, Dreamcast, 360, Wii all had strong year-one lineups, hell even Gamecube had a great start. PS4's lineup actually isn't bad, it's just it's filled with more cross-gen and late last-gen ports than I expected. The X1 is in the same boat though. Fortunately most of the cross-gen release have been of good games.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

kkslider5552000

The PS2 has been frequently made fun of as "that DVD player that plays games I guess" pre-FFX. Which is funny in retrospect but that was a thing.

360 no one cared about until Gears and the Wii had a good first year because they blatantly put development of every GCN game that would be released in 2006/7 on Wii.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying even as someone who has been harsh on this stuff, it's not as big of a difference as you think it is.

GCN and Dreamcast were almost immediately amazing though.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Gamer83

The PS2 was nothing more than a DVD player that could play games at launch, I'll give people that. It had a good Madden game, that was it. But in the first year it got Gran Turismo 3, Twisted Metal: Black, Grand Theft Auto III, Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy X. That's a pretty damn good year one.

The others are debatable but I was a big fan of the 360 and Wii right from the start, but I will concede my favorite day one Wii game is the exact kind of game I've been slamming Sony and MS for having an abundance of lately. GC actually ended up being my least used console after I bought a PS2 and Xbox original but it did have a terrific first year. I had a ton of fun playing Melee, REmake, RE Zero, Metroid Prime and the criminally overlooked Eternal Darkness.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WebHead

When you are a launch/early/first year adopter, you are:
-buying the system at its most expensive.
-taking the most risks with the hardware.
-when the os has the least amount of features.
-when there's the least amount of games for it.

Those are the things you deal with and the risks you take.

WebHead

Jaz007

I'm gonna be getting Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark on Tuesday, I hope it turns out well. It should be a good game at the least considering the blueprints for the gameplay have already been made and done really well already in a Transformers game. I also started a expert playthrough on Second Son yesterday. I'm playing evil again, just even more evil this time. (I tried not to kill civilians and accepted some surrenders the first time, and I think that made the story better so I'm glad I did it, but I won't be doing any of that this time.) Playing the game without having 100%ed it already is so much fun, enjoying it more than I thought I would. And another note about Second Son, I finished the Paper Trail in my first playthrough. The ending was disappointing though.

I was expecting more than an animated story scene for the white rabbit (whatever the girls name was), I didn't need a big fight with her, buy maybe a normal cutscene of them talking, or something. It was so anti-climatic. I really didn't feel that resolved after, I found a bunch of secrets, extra story info, and sure the mysters it had were resolved, but I expected her after all that taunting to be a bit more than a "thanks, you've let me finding freedom, I can't talk with you for a minute bye" ending for her part of things.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Jaz007

I got Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark at launch, and now since I've seen the move, I started playing today. It's a good game, it's like Fall of Cybertron, same blueprint. It also doesn't really advance from Fall of Cybertron, it does more of the same well though. It reuses a number of abilitys from FoC, but it also has been using a lot of characters that weren't playable (or barley were) in FoC. They've done some really good ones like SoundWave and Shockwave so far.
For those worried about spoilers, if you know the first thing a out the plot of Age of Extinction, they may not be any spoilers, I've played a few levels, and there haven't been any, it goes away from the movie plot immediately. Most of what I've played has taken place on Cybertron though.

Jaz007

Jaz007

I just beat Transformer: Rise of the Dark Spark, it was a good game, a bit short though. I do have one big issue with the game though. The Cybertron and movie universes never collide, the Dark Spark is in both of them, but that's all. They both take place separately, and resolve separately. The characters never mix with each other, so I'm kind of ticked off because that was big draw for the game, heck, it's even plastered all over the back cover of the game, and yet they never collide. I don't understand how you make the big draw something that never happens.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

WebHead

Really enjoying the system so far.

WebHead

shingi_70

Damn this and the Xone thread haven't been touched,

I'm liking my XONE but i'm thinking of selling it to get another PS4. Just seems that the PS4 will be a better platform for games. I paid for all my xbox one games with free money so i'm not worried about losing any of that.

I'll probably wait to see what Gamescom brings next month, but i;ll most likely re up on PS4 in september with Destiny.

WAT!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic