Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,453

AuthorMessage

Aviator

1,381. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

I second Wolfenstein over Killzone, unless multiplayer is your primary focus. But even then I'd go with BF4 over Killzone.

/truth

In a way exhausting
we're problem solving
Drink 'til she's attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
Talking 'bout diplomatic
I brought my plastic
Making that peace attractive
We're PARTYNAUSEOUS
PSN: naviator_9

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,382. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

Probably getting a ps4 Friday. Since I like killzone: mercenary, I should like shadowfall right?(looking for recommendation.)

I'm a big Killzone fan, I preferred Mercenary, Shadow Fall isn't a bad game by any stretch and if you liked Mercenary I'd still recommend it as both have the 'one man army' thing going (kind of disappointing because Killzone 1-3 actually made you feel like you were in an epic battle and fighting along comrades was fun). There's other games I'd recommend first though. What kind of games do you like? What other systems do you own? What's the main reason behind getting a PS4? I can give you a list of games you might like if I know the answer to some of those. Killzone is an FPS, if you like FPS with an old school flavor, Wolfenstein: The New Order is great and definitely recommended over Killzone.

Well I'm mainly buying it for Sony exclusives and the fact that its going to have the best multiplats of the 3 consoles this gen. And I've sort of been itching for more multiplayer as well as a good fps game.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,383. Posted:

I'd say CoD or BF 4 then. Killzone's mutliplayer is good but the other two have more active communities. If you really liked Mercenary though, Shadow Fall is not a bad option and it does have a pretty good single player campaign. Wolfenstein is still my first recommendation for FPS even if it is a singleplayer game. Others to consider.. inFamous: Second Son is a great game and easily the best game released by Sony for the system so far. And Watch Dogs might be my favorite game on either of the new consoles to this point. It's not perfect but it is a great open world romp with a good story and tons of content.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,384. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

I'd say CoD or BF 4 then. Killzone's mutliplayer is good but the other two have more active communities. If you really liked Mercenary though, Shadow Fall is not a bad option and it does have a pretty good single player campaign. Wolfenstein is still my first recommendation for FPS even if it is a singleplayer game. Others to consider.. inFamous: Second Son is a great game and easily the best game released by Sony for the system so far. And Watch Dogs might be my favorite game on either of the new consoles to this point. It's not perfect but it is a great open world romp with a good story and tons of content.

Eh, I hear BF4 is kinda glitchy even after the patches.(last I heard.) And man I haven't played cod since black ops.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,385. Posted:

Honestly, with that new mode coming, now might be the best time to jump on Killzone.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,386. Posted:

I also plan on getting Strider HD, Destiny, Infamous, TLOU Remastered, and LBP3.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

1,387. Posted:

I have too much self-respect to support Battlefield 4 personally.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,388. Posted:

@Webhead - out of curiousity, do you have a PS3?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,389. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Well I have access to one but I don't actually own it. Its my brothers.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,390. Posted:

WebHead wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

All those games except inFamous: Second Son are available on PS3. I'd still say PS4 is the way to go at this point because there are going to be some great games next year that won't be cross-gen, but CanisWolfred's point is a fair one.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

1,391. Posted:

Issues with BF4 are vastly over-exaggerated. Most of the time it is a great online FPS with zero problems.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,392. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

All those games except inFamous: Second Son are available on PS3. I'd still say PS4 is the way to go at this point because there are going to be some great games next year that won't be cross-gen, but CanisWolfred's point is a fair one.

Again Sony exclusives and if I'm going to buy a system I feel I should get the one that will be supported for the next 6 years. My mind is made.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,393. Posted:

you know unless sony goes under in 3 years.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Gamer83

1,394. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, hopefully that doesn't happen. Nobody except idiot fanboys gains anything from that.

Gamer83

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,395. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Nah, I was only curious. Couldn't remember if Webhead had one or not.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,396. Posted:

Gamer83 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

Well, hopefully that doesn't happen. Nobody except idiot fanboys gains anything from that.

Of course just being a realist, Kaz has done a good job thus far but Sony is still losing a ton of money and even in areas that are doing well are only doing modest and haven't been market leaders. Plus as much as I like it, Morpheus is he type of product that if it fails could wipe out all the good the PS4 has been doing for the divison. Not to mention they'll Bungled their film division hard with Amazing Spider-man 2 underperforming compared to even the last two and Sony plans o go all out with spin offs. Not only that but they got screwed over by Disney getting their 30% of the spiderman film revenue in exchange for animation/Merchandising rights which make much more than the 30% Disney gave back.

I like Sony and it would be sad to see someone who makes good hardware leave the market while crap like samsung is still running around.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

Dave24

1,397. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

I like Sony and it would be sad to see someone who makes good hardware leave the market while crap like samsung is still running around.

You know that without Samsung, Sony would have even bigger trouble with TV dep, right?

What is depressing is the drought. The next game that can be interesting is Evil Within, but that's end of October. If anyone wants to buy PS4, it's better to wait to 2015. There will be more games and less dust gathering on it, and it gathers dust fast sadly.

Dave24

AuthorMessage

WebHead

1,398. Posted:

I thought the evil within was coming out at the end of august? And there's plenty of games coming to the ps4. You just have to show the interest.

WebHead

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,399. Posted:

Well, most of the big stuff doesn't come until September, but that's nothing new for consoles. But I'm seeing a pretty packed release list from now until the end of the year: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-2014-games-release-list/...

The trick is just finding something that interests you. Like I say to everyone, sometimes you just gotta expand your horizons.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,400. Posted:

I don't know. People are complaining that the PS4 has no games I honestly think they are just bored of video games in general cause I don't know what they are expecting. I myself have played some great games and most of them were free like Resogun. I thought Strider was good Thief was decent and heck even though AC: Black Flag was a weak AC game it was still a fun game. I just don't get people sometime.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311