Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 1,341 to 1,360 of 16,083

AlexSays

Still downloading I can't wait! (So the cyal8ternubs may have been premature lol)

On another note, oh my goodness

Untitled

Praise teh lawd

AlexSays

Tasuki

Also forgot to mention it here I managed to scope up a Playstation Now Beta invite from the E3 app and I have to say I am enjoying the service alot. My connection for the PS4 is wireless and the streaming is amazing. No lag, or connection problems at all. I couldn't tell that I was playing a streamed game or a game on disc or my system. I was kinds skeptical of the service but now after playing it for a good portion of the day it all depends on what they will charge for the games that will make me use this service when it goes live.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Peach64

Sony have released some data about the PS4 sales, some of which is pretty interesting. 31% of PS4 owners had a 360 or Wii, but not a PS3. Okay, that's not surprising. A lot of 360 owners are naturally going to migrate to PS4 this gen. The strange bit is that 17% of PS4 owners didn't own a PS3, Wii OR a 360. That's about 1.5 million PS4 owners that didn't buy a console in the last gen at all. What's going on there? That seems like a ridiculously high number to be buying a brand new console.

The Uncharted 4 trailer has been confirmed to be all in-engine too. Pretty impressive if they can get something that look good in the first couple of years, with an engine that has to be mostly built on top of the PS3 stuff. Can't wait to see what we'll be playing in 3 or 4 years!

Untitled

Edited on by Peach64

Peach64

CanisWolfred

Honestly, as far as Retail games I can't get on the PS3 go, the only "system seller" coming to the so far is Final Fantasy XV, at least in my eyes. Though Second Son is close, which I still think will be a best inFamous game by a long shot (which isn't hard, I didn't think too highly of the first two). And I'm not gonna lie, if it weren't for that game, I was intending to skip the PS4 entirely. I know the games that interest me this gen would be few and far between, in part because of my increasingly limited tastes, as well as just how gaming is going.

That said, Sony still has all the best indie games, so even if I didn't have anything but the PS4, I wouldn't be sorry if I got it.

Still not getting one until FF15 comes out, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WebHead

Probably getting a ps4 Friday. Since I like killzone: mercenary, I should like shadowfall right?(looking for recommendation.)

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Gamer83

WebHead wrote:

Probably getting a ps4 Friday. Since I like killzone: mercenary, I should like shadowfall right?(looking for recommendation.)

I'm a big Killzone fan, I preferred Mercenary, Shadow Fall isn't a bad game by any stretch and if you liked Mercenary I'd still recommend it as both have the 'one man army' thing going (kind of disappointing because Killzone 1-3 actually made you feel like you were in an epic battle and fighting along comrades was fun). There's other games I'd recommend first though. What kind of games do you like? What other systems do you own? What's the main reason behind getting a PS4? I can give you a list of games you might like if I know the answer to some of those. Killzone is an FPS, if you like FPS with an old school flavor, Wolfenstein: The New Order is great and definitely recommended over Killzone.

Gamer83

AlexSays

I second Wolfenstein over Killzone, unless multiplayer is your primary focus. But even then I'd go with BF4 over Killzone.

AlexSays

shingi_70

Be warned but I hear the multiplayer community has fallen off for Shadowfall. The upcoming co-op mode might bring guys back.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Gamer83

Even if people were brought back in I still can't fully recommend Killzone. It's not bad but there are others that are just better. And if singleplayer is important to you Webhead, it's no contest, Wolfenstein.

Gamer83

Aviator

AlexSays wrote:

I second Wolfenstein over Killzone, unless multiplayer is your primary focus. But even then I'd go with BF4 over Killzone.

/truth

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

WebHead

Gamer83 wrote:

WebHead wrote:

I'm a big Killzone fan, I preferred Mercenary, Shadow Fall isn't a bad game by any stretch and if you liked Mercenary I'd still recommend it as both have the 'one man army' thing going (kind of disappointing because Killzone 1-3 actually made you feel like you were in an epic battle and fighting along comrades was fun). There's other games I'd recommend first though. What kind of games do you like? What other systems do you own? What's the main reason behind getting a PS4? I can give you a list of games you might like if I know the answer to some of those. Killzone is an FPS, if you like FPS with an old school flavor, Wolfenstein: The New Order is great and definitely recommended over Killzone.

Well I'm mainly buying it for Sony exclusives and the fact that its going to have the best multiplats of the 3 consoles this gen. And I've sort of been itching for more multiplayer as well as a good fps game.

WebHead

Gamer83

I'd say CoD or BF 4 then. Killzone's mutliplayer is good but the other two have more active communities. If you really liked Mercenary though, Shadow Fall is not a bad option and it does have a pretty good single player campaign. Wolfenstein is still my first recommendation for FPS even if it is a singleplayer game. Others to consider.. inFamous: Second Son is a great game and easily the best game released by Sony for the system so far. And Watch Dogs might be my favorite game on either of the new consoles to this point. It's not perfect but it is a great open world romp with a good story and tons of content.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

WebHead

Gamer83 wrote:

I'd say CoD or BF 4 then. Killzone's mutliplayer is good but the other two have more active communities. If you really liked Mercenary though, Shadow Fall is not a bad option and it does have a pretty good single player campaign. Wolfenstein is still my first recommendation for FPS even if it is a singleplayer game. Others to consider.. inFamous: Second Son is a great game and easily the best game released by Sony for the system so far. And Watch Dogs might be my favorite game on either of the new consoles to this point. It's not perfect but it is a great open world romp with a good story and tons of content.

Eh, I hear BF4 is kinda glitchy even after the patches.(last I heard.) And man I haven't played cod since black ops.

WebHead

WebHead

I also plan on getting Strider HD, Destiny, Infamous, TLOU Remastered, and LBP3.

WebHead

WebHead

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Webhead - out of curiousity, do you have a PS3?

Well I have access to one but I don't actually own it. Its my brothers.

WebHead

Gamer83

WebHead wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Webhead - out of curiousity, do you have a PS3?

Well I have access to one but I don't actually own it. Its my brothers.

All those games except inFamous: Second Son are available on PS3. I'd still say PS4 is the way to go at this point because there are going to be some great games next year that won't be cross-gen, but CanisWolfred's point is a fair one.

Gamer83

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic