Forums

Topic: The PlayStation 4 Fan Thread

Posts 11,761 to 11,780 of 12,275

Trajan

I just bought a PS4 Pro today. My buddy gave me a PS2 slim for Christmas and I pkayed the Xenosaga trilogy on, but other than that this is my first Sony console.

The Switch really did get me back into gaming. Got MGSV and I'm going to get GTA 5. What pyshed me over the edge was knowing these will never come to switch and I play mostly docked anyways now a days.

Xenoblade is my passion. What other games should I get?

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Ralizah

@Trajan NieR: Automata for a superb action-rpg with Platinum Games combat and gorgeous music.

Also, if you have access to the PS2 still, grab a copy of Xenogears for the PS1.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

RR529

@Trajan, pretty recently got into PS4 myself (got mine back in November), and have absolutely loved almost everything I've played on it so far.

If I had to pick five titles they would have to be Dragon Quest XI (coming to Switch with lots of extras, though), God of War, Spider-Man, Titanfall 2, and Unravel (may come to Switch since it recently got the sequel).

Other than that I've played Astro Bot: Rescue Mission (would be in top 5, but it's VR only and I assume you don't have one), InFamous: Second Son (currently playing. Good pick, but a tad rough around the edges as a launch game), Moss (again good, but VR only), Senran Kagura: Estival Versus (decent, but very niche), and Yakuza Kiwami (good, but as a PS2 remake rough around the edges).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Trajan

@Ralizah

I actually have a copy of Xenogears. I'm taking a little break from RPGs right now though. Ill probably play it in another month or two.

Nier is definitely on my watch list. I didn't like Bayonetta, but the story of nier looks good.

@RR529 thanks man!

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

Ralizah

@Trajan I didn't really care for Bayonetta either. The combat is fun, but I hate the incoherent storytelling, graded combat sequences, and irritating setpieces. NieR adds context for all the action sequences, has somewhat simplified combat mechanics and some really awesome plot beats. Tons of character and creativity throughout.

Definitely look into Ratchet and Clank and Shadow of the Colossus for some truly awesome remakes of PS2 classics.

Ralizah

RR529

Finished up InFamous: Second Son this morning. While there are signs it may have been rushed for launch (there's enough empty space on the map for a third island, like the first game had), I actually didn't mind the length. A bit rougher than Spider-Man, but generally a good time and you got new powers often enough that it kept things fresh (I liked Neon the best, because I liked pretending to be the Flash running up buildings, lol. Plus, slowing down time while aiming was a godsend). Main missions were pretty good (and I liked how they would often segue off into a more tightly designed linear sections, something the first game was good at as well), while the open world exploration side stuff was mostly busywork, but they tended to be very short, so they didn't intrude too much, and were good for maxing out your powers.

I'll be heading back into VR next, as I have Farpoint downloading. My first first person VR game, we'll see if I get any motion sickness (which I haven't experienced in either Moss or Astro Bot).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

Trajan

@Tasuki I'll check them out. Thanks!

EvilLucario

@Trajan Bloodborne gets a hearty recommendation from me. Incredible combat, level design, and enemy variety, this game satiates almost everything you want from an action game except for framerate and complex combos.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Trajan

@EvilLucario I will check that out too. Thanks dude!

Magician

Looks like PlayStation 5 will be the be the "kiddie" platform for next generation of consoles.

Nintendo and MS don't have an issue with side-boob or buttcheeks.

Switch Physical Collection - 412 games (as of September 20th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dead or School (Switch) Sly Cooper (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Dezzy

@Magician

Saw that! Glad someone with a big platform like Yong is covering the issue.

Like I said before, there's likely going to be a big impasse reached when Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. CD Projekt have said many times stuff like nudity is a necessary part of their games. So when that happens, people need to be ready to put a lot of pressure on Sony to not ruin the game. If they get enough hate for it, they'll surely buckle and hopefully realise they shouldn't be doing this in the first place because we already have age ratings.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy It seems to me that CDPR won't release the game if they need to censor it; so they've got no choice I think. Uncensored Cyberpunk on PS4/5, or no game at all.

Octane

CanisWolfred

Not gonna lie, I was only fine with censorship when it effected trash games like Omega Labyrinth that would've been embarassing to thumb through in a Best Buy bargain bin. If it's actually effecting good games, then I'm genuinely worried. The ESRB already exists to keep mature content out of the hands of minors, and the existance of mature content does immediately devalue its contents, and certain circumstances could even enhance the intended experience. Why worry about risque content that was already previously delt with just fine when PSN still has a probrem with barely-functional asset flips making their way to their platform?

Seriously, Sony, do you really think Devil May Cry 5 having a buttcrack in one cutscene is more damaging to your brand than Life of Black Tiger being on your shop, that people can pay real money for, with no refunds?

They're even using the "think of the children" excuse, as if that still holds water anymore. I just don't understand what they're trying to accomplish. If it was to avoid backlash, they failed. If it was appease parents, they failed by default, because the groups that demand this stuff can't truly be appeased.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Anti-Matter

Hmm....
I wonder if there will be some games like Portal Knights, The Sims 4 & Dragon Quest Builders 2, Funny quirky games on PS5. 🤔

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Dezzy

Octane wrote:

@Dezzy It seems to me that CDPR won't release the game if they need to censor it; so they've got no choice I think. Uncensored Cyberpunk on PS4/5, or no game at all.

If Microsoft had any sense, they'd be saying "Sony don't want an adult game. Come be an Xbox console exclusive."

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy That's not how CDPR works. If MS said that, neither platform would get the game

Octane

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Microsoft doesn't believe in exclusives anymore anyway, if those xCloud for Switch rumours end up being true even Halo Infinite will be on Switch

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Grumblevolcano Which is kinda funny, because they're currently also buying up developers and signing exclusivity deals left and right. Games like The Last Night, Tunic, Ashen, etc. I'd get them on Switch of PS4 if they were available there, but now it's the PC version, or waiting for Microsoft to give me a free Xbox

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic