Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 11,741 to 11,760 of 16,083

Ralizah

Kojima keeps posting stupid BS, and people continue to praise him as some sort of genius. It's funny. I don't really mind it, though: Death Stranding is going to be aggressively weird, and I think that's only a good thing when it comes to a hyped, big budget game like this.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

That kinda reminds me of Kingdom Hearts nonsense in a way.

TuVictus

NEStalgia

@Dezzy I wouldn't care about TLOU2 if it launched as a PS+ freebie..... I think I'm fine with Ghost

@Ralizah Kojima's just a self-righteous nutjob overall though. I still do not understand the popularity he draws. he has interesting ideas and poor executions, very consistently.

NEStalgia

Dezzy

darkfenrir wrote:

Is it just me, or the more I read about Death Stranding makes the game very pretentious?

I definitely start to get cautious when people talk about pioneering entirely new genres. There's a bit of the same kind of talk that we heard with No Man's Sky.

99% of people who claim to be pioneering something completely new fail entirely.

With Death Stranding, I think it's more likely he's just exaggerating how innovative it really is, and for the most part it will be a fairly standard action/adventure of some kind (just with a Kojima-level wacky story). I doubt he's gonna really be pioneering anything in the gameplay realm.

NEStalgia wrote:

@Dezzy I wouldn't care about TLOU2 if it launched as a PS+ freebie..... I think I'm fine with Ghost

Yeah I'm really not that hyped for LOU2 (it rhymes if you speak it like that). I'm sure it will end up being fairly good, but I just can't see it being as good as the first game, so I can't get that excited ahead of time.
I'm mostly thinking about FF7 and Cyberpunk though. Those will both be massive games. Cyberpunk especially will probably be the kind of game it takes 6 months to finish (if you have only a few hours per day to game)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/06/06/days-of-play-deals...

LMAO Horizon Complete Edition is $9.99.

Guess I have no excuse for continuing to ignore this game now.

Not buying Sony games soon after release really pays off.

EDIT: $19.99 for Spider-Man. Might jump on that as well.

So, for $59.99, you can get:
Horizon: Zero Dawn + DLC
God of War
Spider-Man
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

Holy crud!

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

@Octane More incredulity at the pricing on these games. And relief that I'm not a huge Sony fan who wants to nab these games as soon as they release.

I don't see the sense in waiting on Horizon any longer, though. It's not going lower than $9.99.

Unless it possibly goes for free as a PS+ title?
Ugh! The possibility exists.

I wonder what happened to the preorder discount on Bloodstained? They said it would have a 10% discount on PS4, and it comes with a snazzy theme, but I haven't seen any discounts yet.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah I don't mind paying €50-60 for them. If a game is good, I'll happily pay full price, and support the developer. No regrets here; it's only neat more people get to play Horizon Zero Dawn.

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I get that. I don't regret paying full price for Persona 5, for example, despite it being 1/3 of the full price nowadays. And I rarely regret going full price on my Nintendo games. Sony's games just tend to not resonate as deeply with me.

That works, though. I don't know if I could afford to be a full-time Sony AND Nintendo AND Atlus fan.

And, as you point out, it allows someone like me to experience the games. I don't know that I'd ever purchase Horizon if it skewed toward a Nintendo-esque pricing scheme.

Edited on by Ralizah

Octane

@Ralizah Yeah, same here. I don't think I'd ever pay full price for something like Persona, not knowing anything about the franchise at all (though it looks absolutely amazing). Can't say no if it's only a tenner. It's probably the reason I discovered the Tomb Raider franchise. If the 2013 reboot wasn't less than €20, I don't think I would've ever bought it.

Octane

RR529

Something interesting happened while I was playing Tales of Zestiria this morning.

Every once in awhile the main villain will show up on a certain part of the map, and his aura is so strong that it usually slows your movement to a crawl & keeps certain party members from participating in battle. This is sometimes used as a block to keep you from going to areas you're not supposed to go to yet, but he sometimes shows up in previously completed areas as well.

Well, today I wandered into him & noticed that his aura wasn't slowing me down, then I did a regular enemy encounter and discovered that all my party members were available, so I decided to actually try engaging him just for the fun of it, and even though I went through like every item in my inventory, I somehow managed to win over a very drawn out battle (his HP was over 56,000, while most of my partiy's attacks did only 100-200 damage at max, since my party was all about lvl 50 & he was lvl 78 & had resistance to all attack types, plus his attacks all did 1/3-1/2 health damage to my party members because he was so strong).

Afterwards I was treated to an animated cutscene where my party was waiting out a rainstorm (that had apparently been raging for days) when a giant mysterious monster shows up and kills them all, followed by a "The End" message. After a save prompt it sent me back to my last save location before fighting the main villain, but with all my items still used up.

Still, I have a previous save still ready to go in case this makes things really wierd.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

I guess I can finally get Soul Calibur VI, and maybe grab a few season passes that are on sale (Spider-Man, Ni No Kuni, and Soul Calibur VI if I get the deluxe edition).

Oh, is Thornebreaker: The Witcher Tales any good?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magician

Hmm, Uncharted 4 for a tenner? Suppose I can't say "no" any longer eh?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Octane

CanisWolfred wrote:

Oh, is Thornebreaker: The Witcher Tales any good?

@CanisWolfred Yes and no. If you have played TW3 and you enjoyed Gwent, you'll want this. If you're just interested; the story is very good, and the choices you make have a big effect on the game, it's probably one of the better card games out there. The only problem is that it was released with a ton of game-breaking bugs. I'm certain most have been patched out, but I'm certain the game crashed at least a handful of times for me back at launch. And the final fight is a bit OP, which is kinda annoying, so I stopped there.

Octane

Octane

@CanisWolfred In that case, you'll probably like it. But yeah, I've had the game crash on me. And something I couldn't progress, and it was caused by looking at your deck during a fight. Weird specific things that can be avoided, but which are annoying if you don't know about them and redo that one fight several times not knowing what causes the bug.

Octane

CanisWolfred

@Octane Had you played since February? These patchnotes are the most recent piece of evidence I could find indicating that it's had any improvements in stability. I couldn't find much discussion after related to it, or...really anything after January. They really shot themselves in the foot trying to rush it to launch...

EDIT: BTW, it turned out to be cheaper for me to order the retail versions of Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition and Soul Calibur VI on Amazon instead of digitally during the sale. I'll still have to grab the DLC at some point, but I'll just wait until that's advantageous for me, like I'm doing with the Spider-Man and Ni no Kuni II season passes.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Octane

@CanisWolfred I don't think so. It came out in December iirc. I probably finished it in a month or so.

Octane

Ralizah

@Magician I actually really like Uncharted 4. And I have a very... love and hate relationship with Naughty Dog, but more slanted to the "hate" side of things. I'd say to go for it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic