Forums

Topic: PSN Suspended

Posts 141 to 160 of 249

Chrono_Cross

Im getting real sick of seeing my PS3 just sit there and collect dust...

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

triforceofcourage

way to go sony... way to go...

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

SwerdMurd

Chrono Cross wrote:

Im getting real sick of seeing my Wii just sit there and collect dust...

I know right! Aside from a gamecube game (once or twice) I haven't touched the thing in well over a year!

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Platypus

Will we be able to keep the games we get from PlayStation plus membership?

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

SwerdMurd

@soccer - from what I understand, any games you get for free with PS+ aren't kept, but anything that's discounted for PS+ members gets kept even after you stop the service. For instance, Plus members got Dungeon Hunters and Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes for 25% off (9.74 and 11.25 if memory serves) a couple weeks ago, and Sonic The Hedgehog for free a month or so back. If said member cancelled service, they'd still have Dungeon Hunters and Might and Magic, but they'd lose access to Sonic.

I was told this by a Plus member but can't personally verify it.

-Swerd Murd

SwerdMurd

^Come to think of it, I might have been told this by WaltzElf

-Swerd Murd

Lotice-Paladin

Chrono Cross wrote:

Im getting real sick of seeing my PS3 just sit there and collect dust...

So you don't play your PS3 games then? I don't know anything on PS3 that requires online as a necessity,

My Starloggery

Main Final Fantasy & Quest/Shinobi Team fan...but I do like many SEGA games and a few Nintendo games.

I can be cute if I want to be, but I choose not to...as it's not my style.

grenworthshero

This has hardly affected me at all, really, since I don't really care about playing games online. It would be nice to get on the marketplace or see who what my friends are playing, but I didn't buy the system to play games online, so I don't understand why so many people are freaking out. (besides the fact they're paranoid their souls will be ripped from their bodies via PSN hackers)

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

The_Fox

grenworthshero wrote:

I didn't buy the system to play games online, so I don't understand why so many people are freaking out.

Umm....because some people like playing games online?

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

zezhyrule

The+Fox wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I didn't buy the system to play games online, so I don't understand why so many people are freaking out.

This. Also it's be nice to DL games I already purchased. After finishing MGS I kinda wanted to get FFIX back on my PSP but now that PSN is down...

Plus, checking to see what your PSN friends are up to is always nice.

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Tasuki

Well there seems to be more problems with Sony and hackers. Now according to Sony there SOE accounts have been compromised. Right now they say its just dealing with European accounts but who knows exactly what these hackers got. SOE covers Sonys MMOs like Everquest, Everquest 2, DC Universe Online and Starwars Galaxies just to name a few.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6311008.html

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

grenworthshero

The Fox wrote:

grenworthshero wrote:

I'm not a moron; I know this. I'm just saying I don't know why people are acting like it's the end of the world. Is there really nothing more to your life than playing games online. It's not like you can't play games at all. It's as if your entire existence revolves around playing games online.

theblackdragon

@grenworths: i'm seeing plenty of disappointed people in this thread, but no one actually freaking out over the loss of online gameplay. so what if their gaming preferences do revolve around playing games online? Not everyone will buy a system for the same thing — some might want the single-player experience, others might want it for its capability to play blu-ray DVDs and netflix as well as download PSOne classics, and still more maybe bought it specifically for games they can play online with their friends — it's an advertised feature of the system, after all. yes, there's more to life than playing games online, but if that's not what you bought the system for, it's not what you bought it for.

imagine if the Nintendo WFC was unusable for this long, and you and your goldeneye-playing friends were suddenly blocked from playing it, wouldn't you be at least a little bit disappointed and miss having fun playing with them like you had been? there's some pretty serious people up in that thread, and if not yourself, i can definitely see some of them miss playing online quite a bit if that were to happen.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Aviator

Got a text today on my phone, apparently I won myself £615,000 through a Nokia competition.

If I wished to claim it, simply send an e-mail to nokia@live....

I'll be fine thanks.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

grenworthshero

@TBD I don't know of anyone on this thread who is freaking out, and people do have the right to play whatever they want, but some people [not necessarily on this thread] are acting like PS3 has nothing to offer other than PSN.

theblackdragon

@grenworths: again, it's an advertised feature of the system. it might not be what you bought it for, but apparently it's what they bought it for, and now that they can't use the system for its intended purpose, they're left with a rather expensive paperweight. it's not that hard to imagine that they'd be a bit put out over the surprise hacker attack and subsequent downtime, is it?

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.