Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The OUYA – A New $99 Open Game Console

Showing 21 to 40 of 246

AuthorMessage

JohnPhilipSousa

21. Posted:

Yay, more competitors for Nintendo. (sarcasm)

JohnPhilipSousa

3DS Friend Code: 3909-7508-7026 | Nintendo Network ID: JohnPhilipSousa

AuthorMessage

chiefeagle02

22. Posted:

While it's not the first Open Source platform (OpenPandora), I'm still curious to see where this goes, especially considering how fast it reached the KickStarter goal.

Online Games: Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus, Tetris Axis, Swapnote

3DS Friend Code: 5370-0551-8551

AuthorMessage

Drawdler

23. Posted:

I thought this was one of those so called competitors being released and was going to admit genuine shock but I'm not really so shocked that it made this money since it just ended up being a Kickstarter. It's wonderful seeing indies being supported like this.

Edited on by Drawdler

#1 YOSHI HATER on Nintendo Life

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery | Disney Infinity Fans | Ghostroaster | Nintendo Friends

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

Bobhobob

24. Posted:

Where may I purchase one of these one of these wondrous machines?

is rly good

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

AuthorMessage

pixelman

25. Posted:

Bobhobob wrote:

In 2013.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

26. Posted:

I must admit it's a nice idea, but since I'm not a hacker or free-lance developer, I can't imagine using it too much.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

Edlicious

27. Posted:

looks pretty sick, its basically a android like market for your tv. Still dont get why everyone is nagging about it, its not like anyone is forcing you to buy the console and seeing at they have so many backers and what not that means alot of people do like this idea

3DS FC; 2191 7816 0194

MK7, RE:R, KIU, lets play?

http://www.facebook.com/Throwinguprainbows

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

28. Posted:

@chiefeagle02: or, you know, the PC.

I'm not interested in it at all, but I'm a little surprised that pledges have come in so quickly. It's hard and expensive to launch a new console, and I'd be more afraid of my money going down the drain if the consoles never see the light of day.

I'll be very happy for it to make it to market, but I haven't seen any proof that they are capable of manufacturing $1M worth of console hardware. That would concern me if I pledged!

(see the appropriately-named Phantom).

Edited on by Wheels2050

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

29. Posted:

^^ From what I've seen the people behind it are fairly... eh, prestigious? in the hardware and video game industry. I wouldn't be terribly worried.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

30. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Bobhobob wrote:

[/div]

In 2013.

Is 2013 a place?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

pixelman

31. Posted:

LztheBlehBird wrote:

pixelman wrote:

Bobhobob wrote:

In 2013.

Is 2013 a place?

I guess we'll find out on the 21st of December, lol.

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

32. Posted:

Or, much more likely, January 1st 2013.

Psalm 51.

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

33. Posted:

I'm getting more and more interested in these. Think I will buy one if they ever release.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

iphys

34. Posted:

Yeah, if the Wii U fails as miserably as I fear it will, maybe I'll end up getting one of these. I'm definitely interested.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

35. Posted:

$1.5M.

Psalm 51.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

36. Posted:

One more reason not to buy a PS3.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

37. Posted:

SuperSonic95 wrote:

Yay, more competitors for Nintendo. (sarcasm)

Other platforms designed to play games aren't competition for a gaming company? Or you aren't excited that another platform plays games other than your Nintendo platforms?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

pixelman

38. Posted:

I'm totally going to get one, at the very least just to tinker around with. Hopefully it'll really take off and get awesome support from the bigger developers like EA and Squeenix.

Interestingly, specs-wise it seems to be really similar to the Nexus 7.

Edited on by pixelman

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

39. Posted:

I'm interested in one if it keeps the $99 price tag. Will be nice to compliment my WiiU and surely, we'll be able to see some indie-games that probably would not make it over to the big three's consoles.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

pixelman

40. Posted:

$1.6 million. Could they double their goal on the first day? o___O

Edited on by pixelman