komicturtle

AuthorMessage

SonyFACE

42. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

$1.6 million. Could they double their goal on the first day? o___O

yup.

Charter Member of SonyLife.
Nintendo and Sony for the win, Microsoft ehh.
Psalm 51.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5840-8779 | Nintendo Network ID: SonyFACE

AuthorMessage

kyuubikid213

43. Posted:

I'm still going to stick with the Wii U. There have been a lot of gaming consoles over the years and through it all, Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft have always pulled through with the successful ones. I don't want to buy something that looks potentially good only for it to be like the Phantom, the N-Gage, Apple Pippin, R-Zone, or Gizmondo. I would rather get something that follows the path of the Dreamcast.

Wii Owner, 3DS Owner, Wii U Owner

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I promise to be a mature individual. Request from theblackdragon

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

44. Posted:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I'm still going to stick with the Wii U.

Hardly anything has been announced, I'm not sure anyone is expected to jump from other systems to this one at this very moment. lol

Besides, it's only 99 bucks. People that play video games regularly will likely just purchase this as an extra for their primary console rather than the substitute. It's the cheap casual crowd that is more likely to choose a more inexpensive option for the sake of saving money.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

45. Posted:

It'll be interesting seeing what support this gets. Keep in mind that, even though they've raised a huge sum of money, they've 'only' sold ~16000 consoles so far. I'm sure more would be sold at launch, but it's not exactly the kind of install base that has big companies clamouring to release their games on.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

46. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

I'm totally going to get one, at the very least just to tinker around with. Hopefully it'll really take off and get awesome support from the bigger developers like EA and Squeenix.

Interestingly, specs-wise it seems to be really similar to the Nexus 7.

Oh you're getting one? Does that mean we might see Kid Tripp on it?

At any rate, I'm starting to get pretty interested in this, and now that you mention it, it'll be pretty hard to choose between this and the Nexus 7. Do you think there'd be any way to share apps/games across the two devices?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

47. Posted:

I'm not familiar with these kinds of consoles. I'll stick with 3DS and eventually Wii U :)

If you care so much for your privacy, what are you hiding?

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

48. Posted:

LztheBlehBird wrote:

I'm not familiar with these kinds of consoles. I'll stick with 3DS and eventually Wii U :)

That's probably a good idea. The key is to remain unfamiliar so as to refrain from developing new interests.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

iphys

49. Posted:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

It must be the rich folk or some investors :O

Lol, because only the rich can afford a $99 console with free games.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

AuthorMessage

pixelman

50. Posted:

TinyOddy wrote:

pixelman wrote:

I'm totally going to get one, at the very least just to tinker around with. Hopefully it'll really take off and get awesome support from the bigger developers like EA and Squeenix.

Interestingly, specs-wise it seems to be really similar to the Nexus 7.

Oh you're getting one? Does that mean we might see Kid Tripp on it?

...maybe. As I've said before, it'd take a complete rewrite to run it on an Android system. I'd probably make a new game for it before making a boring port, but it's definitely a possibility. :3

At any rate, I'm starting to get pretty interested in this, and now that you mention it, it'll be pretty hard to choose between this and the Nexus 7. Do you think there'd be any way to share apps/games across the two devices?

Well you could always hack it. ;)

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

51. Posted:

I'm tempted to get one, it looks like a good deal, but I really don't need it right now.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

52. Posted:

And it just hit $1.9 million, doubling its goal on day one.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

53. Posted:

iphys wrote:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

[/div]

Notice how the $1000+ tiers are all sold out. Even the $5k :P

And then there's plenty of pledges for $99 and even $25 left.

Anyways, anyone here invested in this yet? I'm sooo tempted D:

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Hokori

54. Posted:

Not tempted in the least

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
Welcome to my emassary of doom >: }

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

55. Posted:

My gripe from what I heard is this whole "Free to Play" deal. I hope most developers don't go with "Want to play more? Pay more."

I rather just pay for the game for what it is and call it a day instead of buying bits and pieces of a game to fully enjoy it.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

pixelman

56. Posted:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

My gripe from what I heard is this whole "Free to Play" deal. I hope most developers don't go with "Want to play more? Pay more."

I rather just pay for the game for what it is and call it a day instead of buying bits and pieces of a game to fully enjoy it.

That's been overblown IMHO. They're basically requiring every single game to at least have a demo. It's more like "free-to-try." I think the idea is that you'll be able to try out each game, without exception, and not have to gamble your purchase on the word of someone else. I think it's great.

Obviously there'll be free-to-play games too, but they won't all be.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

57. Posted:

I'll be optimistic just as I am with almost everything.. Aaaand, I bit the bullet- pledged $99 and won't be charged until it's "successful" (which it surpassed) but I'm guessing that means I'll be charged on Aug 9th when it ends, so I have plenty of time to make up for that $100.

Maybe it's Gamecube-esque look hypnotized me.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Usagi-san

58. Posted:

Soooo... which programming language do I need to learn to develop for this?

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

59. Posted:

Just got a message from Ouya regarding how they already reached $2 mil. They also asked me to send in 5 games or genres I'd love to see on Ouya and that they'll gather all the popular requests to send them to the developers (apparently, they have the big publishers backing them too).

Pretty exciting. Hope my request for Power Stone returning and Classic Sega Dreamcast games aren't a stretch...

@Usagi
I'm assuming C++... Not sure.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

iphys

60. Posted:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

iphys wrote:

L4DYB4NSH33 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

[/div]

Notice how the $1000+ tiers are all sold out. Even the $5k :P

And then there's plenty of pledges for $99 and even $25 left.

Anyways, anyone here invested in this yet? I'm sooo tempted D:

That's not what I see. Barely anyone has bought the 1337 level or higher. They've already quadrupled the 5000 limit for the $99 level to 20,000. The people that bought out the developer special are probably actually developers.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh