Forums

Topic: Minecraft Discussion

Posts 121 to 140 of 149

Soviet-Dictator

Untitled

"What doesn't kill you, obviously makes you weaker. Not stronger."

Captain_Hookey

i created a giant GLUTTONY Homunculus (From Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood), and i made him a portal as a mouth, because whenever he eats sh*t, he sends them to a failed version of the portal of truth. instead of THAT, it sends players to the Nether, in this case.

makes $10 an hour for 6 hours at your local chatroom...

Geonjaha

Not really. Play Minecraft enough and night time just becomes a way to get plenty of zombie flesh to keep that hunger bar up.

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

Magi

Any idea how many monster generators there are in any given map? I incorrectly assumed that once you finished the demo that you had to create your own map to continue to play and invite friends. Because of this assumption, I never left the beginning walled-in area of the demo. Feeling bored, I decided to run around the demo again and discoverd that there are two towns, a castle/church/tower building, and a lighthouse. Thinking this would be pretty nifty to start with, some friends and I attempted to all get into the same demo game and it worked. We dug around a little bit just around the first town and we've discovered three monster generators.

I'm really digging this map.

Magi

FOREST_RANGER

@Magi Levels are procedurally generated, so the count of monster generators is likely randomized. No idea about the demo map.

I honestly would play the 360 version often if I can convince my friends to play it. Maybe there should be a NintendoLife Minecraft community? Don't know how that could work when we're split with the PC and Xbox versions. Please make cross-platform play possible 4J!!

Edited on by FOREST_RANGER

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Drawdler

I'd fire up the 360 just for it if it had PC cross platforming.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

kyuubikid213

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

ZombieChiggers

i just got free minecraft cracked version and i dont know how to mod

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

3DS Friend Code: 4854-7026-5042

ZombieChiggers

on my last post (the one above this one) help please

Cameron Stover VVVVVVVVVVVVVV ALSO VVVVVVVV and i like trains (BOOM!) also minecraft and trollface!
INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

ZombieChiggers

anyone willing to help me?

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

KingDunsparce

I haven't played in around a year. I just played it too much and after a while it got boring.

snoremac wrote:

anyone willing to help me?

While I recommend you buy the full version, you can mod by getting 7-Zip (or WinRAR) and extracting the files from the mod file into minecraft.jar (in your %appdata% folder)

"I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" ―Cave Johnson
Join the Chit-Chat Crew! :P

3DS Friend Code: 2938-6384-0441 | Nintendo Network ID: Pikminsi

Drawdler

Try downloading MagicLauncher. I believe that you can easily load mods from that.
I also recommend downloading Optifine, which is loaded with MagicLauncer and greatly improves your framerate.

SkywardLink98

You need Minecraft (a lot of the time the paid version), 7zip or WinRar, a modloader that works with the mod (I recommend Forge, it works with modloader mods too) and the mods you want to install.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

ZombieChiggers

i cant get the full version it costs too much mom wont let me

INFECTED. NEW ZOMBIE

Vincent294

Got this on my Xbox 360 and it's awesome. If you need to find slimes, just enter in the world seed for the world you want to find slimes on when making a superflat world and find where slimes are spawning. Record the coordinates, and dig below level 16 there in the world you want to find slimes on. It was a very useful method for locating slimes in my world. There are sites for it too I've heard. If you have a cobblestone generator, try making a U-shape (lava on the top of one side, water on the top of the other, with cobble forming in the lower center) like some of the automatic designs on YouTube. Thicken that U-shaped cobble-generating ditch 3 blocks long, place pistons below where the cobble generates, and put a layer of any material around it and a line of it directly below the pistons. Then put a line of repeaters feeding into the line of blocks, connected by redstone dust to a repeater clock. This will keep the redstone safe, and make a wall of cobblestone that is generated as fast as you mine it. You can stop the flow of it with obsidian, or put sidewards-facing pistons to make a compact cobble generator or auto-regenerating platform of cobble respectively.

Vincent294

My Nintendo: Vincent294 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

aalphalist

If anyone happens to have a minecraft account they don't want message me. Please!

aalphalist

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4116-0373 | Nintendo Network ID: Danielkilpatrick

Drawdler

I've been playing the PC version a lot with texture pack Summerfields. My new PC is a beast at running Minecraft(including Optifine it gets 125 or so with Far, at the worst)- I only wish that karyonix would update GLSL Shaders, I guess I'll need the preview edition for now.
I built a tower around my mine with a bridge to my secondary house, but in retrospect that was stupid because it will run out of resources soon for sure. I guess that I can turn it into another base, I put one under a waterfall inside a little hill and one in a forest(which I'll turn into a "tree village" eventually), so I guess having one on top of and inside mountains with a lot of viewing areas and interconnecting all of my bases would be nice. Right now I'm hoping to find a Jungle biome... There's one some way beyond those Extreme Hills, but I'm horrible at navigating, and I know it's there but I went past it and found a Swamp then another Desert with another village and got lost trying to get home, uhhh... The worst thing about those Hills is that even though they genuinely look epic from my balcony at sunset, I always get lost traversing them because they're so massive. '

Kaeobais

snoremac wrote:

i cant get the full version it costs too much mom wont let me

It's only $20. That said, I believe Notch himself has stated that if someone really wants Minecraft but they can't afford it, he doesn't mind if they just pirate it.

Still, Minecraft is an extraordinary game, and I'd recommend people get the full version if you can.

I want the PC version for the online servers and the current updates (360 is behind and I don't know how long it'll be before it catches up), but it's too laggy for comfort on my laptop, and I doubt I'll ever buy a desktop PC. The 360 version is good, but the limited world kinda sucks a little.

Edited on by Kaeobais

The best strategy in the game: go up stairs and pause balls.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.