Forums

Topic: Minecraft Discussion

Posts 101 to 120 of 149

shingi_70

Don't have a gaming PC but plans to pick the 360 game up next week.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

komicturtle

Nintengirl wrote:

Anybody have servers I could join?

Try these:
98.141.220.206:25565 Ogregamers.com - Faction, Friendly PvP server

survival.beyondminecraft.net - A good developed server... But it's set on "Hard"...

komicturtle

Magi

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

survival.beyondminecraft.net - A good developed server... But it's set on "Hard"...

How does the difficulty affect the game? More enemies? Tougher enemies? Takes longer to mine? I've been playing the Xbox version on Easy and it's plenty stressful enough.

I'm playing the "Gargamel" seed and got lost in the biggest bunch of caverns I've seen yet. They were pretty cool though. It had a couple of lava flows and one "lava fall" that came out of the ceiling in the middle of a cavern. I also spotted a green cube-shaped slimey thing that I've never seen before but it was surrounded by a few Creepers. I was too full of stuff to even consider going near it for fear of losing everything.

Edited on by Magi

Magi

komicturtle

@Magi

For one, the monsters hit harder. Two, the player will get hungry a bit faster and will eventually die if they don't eat. And third, Zombies are able to bust down wooden doors.

Oh, and creepers will not cancel explosion "easily" so it makes it harder to dodge. This applies to the PC/Mac version though. I'm assuming the 360 version the monsters just hit hard.

komicturtle

Magi

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

Oh, and creepers will not cancel explosion "easily" so it makes it harder to dodge. This applies to the PC/Mac version though. I'm assuming the 360 version the monsters just hit hard.

[/div]

I hate Creepers so much. I found an island in the top right of my map that I dubbed "Monster Island". I don't know what the heck is going on, but the bad guy spawns here are ridiculous. Sadly, it's the same location I chose to build my castle. big walls, 4 towers, a keep, walkways, a proper castle. I would get anywhere from 5-9 Creepers at my walls every night (plus the obligatory crowd of skeletons, zombies, and spiders. It got to where I was spending so much time rebuilding destroyed sections I had to add a lava moat around the entire castle. When that didn't seem to help much, I just put it on Peaceful. I'll switch it back when I get it finished I guess.

I haven't figured out the timing with the explosions and I keep getting myself blown up. Now I just run screaming everytime I see one of those lil green things.

Magi

FOREST_RANGER

Sounds silly, but I'll probably buy both the 360 version and PC version after playing the copy my sister bought on her Xbox. I want to get the 360 version so I could play with some friends I went to school with.

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

komicturtle

Magi wrote:

L4DYK0M1C wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

I hate Creepers so much. I found an island in the top right of my map that I dubbed "Monster Island". I don't know what the heck is going on, but the bad guy spawns here are ridiculous. Sadly, it's the same location I chose to build my castle. big walls, 4 towers, a keep, walkways, a proper castle. I would get anywhere from 5-9 Creepers at my walls every night (plus the obligatory crowd of skeletons, zombies, and spiders. It got to where I was spending so much time rebuilding destroyed sections I had to add a lava moat around the entire castle. When that didn't seem to help much, I just put it on Peaceful. I'll switch it back when I get it finished I guess.

I haven't figured out the timing with the explosions and I keep getting myself blown up. Now I just run screaming everytime I see one of those lil green things.

Yeah, they can be a pain especially if there's a bunch of them or you're mining your own business (see what I did there?).

Attacking them cancels their explosion, so it's good to do that but "jump back" or walk away from them and keep your distance. They also drop gun powder- great for making TNTs.

komicturtle

Drawdler

I got Minecraft a couple weeks ago and I finally got to set it to lower graphics so I can actually play at home without lag. Anyway, what I wanted to ask was, I already have a good home on a cliff. It doesn't have a bed yet, but it's right next to the spawn point, so that doesn't matter. It's also right next to a mine, and I'm at the point where I'd like to start mining, but I HATE Skeletons. I know I can set torches to make them stop spawning, but in the off chance I run into one that's been there for a while, what should I do? I'd make a Bow with some Arrows, but I hardly ever see Spiders so I can't get string. I'm on Normal difficulty on the PC version if this helps.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

komicturtle

Nibelilt wrote:

I got Minecraft a couple weeks ago and I finally got to set it to lower graphics so I can actually play at home without lag. Anyway, what I wanted to ask was, I already have a good home on a cliff. It doesn't have a bed yet, but it's right next to the spawn point, so that doesn't matter. It's also right next to a mine, and I'm at the point where I'd like to start mining, but I HATE Skeletons. I know I can set torches to make them stop spawning, but in the off chance I run into one that's been there for a while, what should I do? I'd make a Bow with some Arrows, but I hardly ever see Spiders so I can't get string. I'm on Normal difficulty on the PC version if this helps.

Just stock up on meat/fish/bread/watermelons to keep your stamina up and just charge at skeletons with a stone sword. Torches don't have the best lighting to keep skeletons from spawning. The next best thing are jack-o-lanterns that have a larger lighting radius. You should make some and have them around your house for the best lighting.

komicturtle

firearrow505

Played a demo on Xbox, when i get a XBOX live point card i'd download the full game.

N-Nintendo has found

3-3 ways to

D-Destroy

S-Sony

How real men get the firearrows

komicturtle

If you have a computer that can run Minecraft I highly suggest you get the PC version. You get way more out of it. And it looks like they have a long way to go to even get the Xbox version to catch up to the computer version.

komicturtle

Drawdler

The Pocket Edition is really cheap compared to the PC one, but I don't know about XBox. Good Game mentions that it has a proper tutorial and tutorial villages, something the PC version lacks, but if it's as badly cut as @L4DYK0M1C says, don't bother. Once you play the original, uncut edition, you will probably despise the others. I know I can't play my iPad save anymore.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

Magi

afaik, the Xbox version is just an older version than the current PC version. Mojang is working hard on getting it updated though. Having never played the PC version, I am perfectly content to play the Xbox version. The fact that I could play split screen with my kids was a big plus too. Now that they all have their own Xboxs its not such a big deal though.

Magi

AlexSays

I have both versions and I actually prefer the 360 version.

There's no logical reason why, so if you try to tell me why the PC version is better, you're preaching to the PC-loving choir.

I just like the fact I don't have to know the crafting formulas. And I like playing with my 360 controller. And I like playing on my TV. I realize I could still use my PC for those last two, but I'm too lazy to set that up.

AlexSays

Captain_Hookey

i just bought the full game on XBOX.

makes $10 an hour for 6 hours at your local chatroom...

ThePirateCaptain

I'm sorry, but I really hate Minecraft.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

C-195

iPancakez wrote:

I'm sorry, but I really hate Minecraft.

Then don't comment on the only (active) minecraft thread.

C-195

komicturtle

AlexSays wrote:

I have both versions and I actually prefer the 360 version.

There's no logical reason why, so if you try to tell me why the PC version is better, you're preaching to the PC-loving choir.

I just like the fact I don't have to know the crafting formulas. And I like playing with my 360 controller. And I like playing on my TV. I realize I could still use my PC for those last two, but I'm too lazy to set that up.

That's one thing I like about the 360 version- the crafting formulas are already there. What I like most about the PC version are the crazy fun mods you can do (Pokemon mods are awesome) and the ability to share seeds to visit worlds created by others. Also, the texture modifications and the ability to create your own avatar.. As well as the servers you can easily find at Planet Minecraft. I frequent 3 servers, one has up to 27 players every day, creating and collaborating together. It's really what you make most out of it. I just really love the amount of customization you have on the PC version.

I guess I'm mostly talking about the value more than anything. Hopefully, 4J Studios gets the Xbox version up to speed with the PC version and hopefully, allow cross platform play like they were originally planning. I'm crossing my fingers that Microsoft allows this for Minecraft...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.