Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 921 to 940 of 1,099

moomoo

An iPad mini actually interests me. Since Apple doesn't seem to be upgrading the iPod Touch anymore, I might get one. I still have a 2nd gen iPod touch, and I'd love to play stuff like Horn and Infinity Blade to, as well as every other game on the app store since 2nd gen doesn't matter anymore. Also, its 8GB, so there's not much for me to put on it before it runs out of space.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Bankai

moomoo wrote:

An iPad mini actually interests me. Since Apple doesn't seem to be upgrading the iPod Touch anymore, I might get one. I still have a 2nd gen iPod touch, and I'd love to play stuff like Horn and Infinity Blade to, as well as every other game on the app store since 2nd gen doesn't matter anymore. Also, its 8GB, so there's not much for me to put on it before it runs out of space.

You're probably right. The iPad mini is probably the replacement for the iPod touch.

That and it's clearly being made to ruin Amazon and Google's brief moment of tablet fame.

RancidVomit86

I been play Jurrasic Park Builder on my iPhone lately. Lot like FarmVille but with dinosaurs which makes it cool and not lame.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

Wheels2050

Just tried out Minecraft: Pocket Edition today. I'm probably not going to buy the full version as the controls were a bit unwieldy for me (my phone only has a small screen, as far as smartphones go) but I was incredibly impressed at how well they'd managed to translate the experience. I wish I knew about it before all the recent threads about the prospects of mobile gaming - I think anyone who claims that mobile gaming doesn't offer much depth should just be shown Minecraft!

I consider myself to keep up with most things gaming-related, but I'm still very amazed every time I see a game with 3D graphics running on my phone

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

edhe

Good news for Phoenix Wright fans - Ace Attorney, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations are coming to iOS in Autumn.

Furthermore, you'll be able to download an app to group all the games together into one executable (although, presumably, not the Phoenix Wright game that is currently available).

[Destructoid]

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6650-8335-1908 | 3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

Kagamine

OlympicCho wrote:

So, uh, that little game called "Bastion" is apparently on the iPad now.

Another game for the console purists to pretend doesn't exist when they say the iPad has no good games

Really? Well thats awesome, i own it on steam (and dont own an ipad) so i wont be getting it, but im glad to hear this. Its a great game more people should play.

3DS friend code: 1332-7705-6324Previous Usernames: Bossmank
Some_Chords

"Love your ego, you won't feel a thing, always number one, the pen with a bent wrist crooked king, sign away our peace, for your war, one word and it's over." ~ Deadmau5

Nintendo Network ID: bossmank

edhe

OlympicCho wrote:

Another game for the console purists to pretend doesn't exist when they say the iPad has no good games

Still a port though.

One thing regarding those Phoenix Wright ports I forgot to mention was they're actually remaking the graphics.Untitled

So while the new game will be a bit cheaper than DS versions and easier to get hold of, the graphics are as ugly as sin if you prefer the pixel art of the originals. And, OH!, that font - just like Final Fantasy Dimensions, the font makes it look like a flash game.

Nethertheless, I never got round to buying the DS games, and when I bought the first one on my iPod, I enjoyed it, so I may consider getting these ones too - it just depends on whether I would be happy to forego the original art style and buy it for less as a download.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

CanisWolfred

edhe wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Still a port though.

One thing regarding those Phoenix Wright ports I forgot to mention was they're actually remaking the graphics.Untitled

So while the new game will be a bit cheaper than DS versions and easier to get hold of, the graphics are as ugly as sin if you prefer the pixel art of the originals.

So it's ugly if you have no taste in art? Good to know.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheels2050

OlympicCho wrote:

What about the PC master race?

That's cool, though - I haven't played much of Bastion yet but I absolutely love the art, and the way that the levels form up as you explore. The narration is a neat idea, too, although I can imagine it might start to grate if the narrator keeps repeating himself.

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

edhe

Mickeymac wrote:

edhe wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Still a port though.

So while the new game will be a bit cheaper than DS versions and easier to get hold of, the graphics are as ugly as sin if you prefer the pixel art of the originals.

So it's ugly if you have no taste in art? Good to know.

edhe wrote:

...if you prefer the pixel art of the originals.

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

CanisWolfred

And the pixel art of the originals were ugly as sin, where as this looks pretty good. I'll never understand how people can stand the blockyness of pixel art over something that actually looks clean and natural.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Mickeymac wrote:

And the pixel art of the originals were ugly as sin

Who has no taste in art now? >;[

Anyway, the Kindle Fire 2 is definitely about to be announced. It's "sold out" on Amazon, and there's an Amazon event coming up really soon.

Also, looks like the iPad Mini is actually going to be called that, but I've read it might not be announced until October in order to not take away from the iPhone 5's spotlight. I'm reeeeally hoping for at least a 16GB model in the $249-299 range. I'm dying to upgrade from my iPad 1.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Odnetnin

http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/30/3280005/this-is-the-new-ama...

Hopefully it's as lame as it looks so I can just go ahead an get a Nexus 7 already.

Not too interested in the iPad Mini, but it'll be a nice option to have, in any case.

Edit: More evidence... http://www.theverge.com/2012/8/30/3280859/amazon-new-kindle-f...

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

I'm still not convinced the iPad Mini exists, but it would be nice if it came out in October so I could get the iPad 3 for $100 off, or maybe even more during Black Friday.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Odnetnin

I don't know about that, since it's not like the iPad Mini will replace the iPad 3 in any way, shape, or form. It'll just be an alternative, so I wouldn't expect the usual discounts that appear whenever there's a newer model announced. Then again, I know nothing about how this stuff works, so feel free to ignore me.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Wheels2050

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

Then again, I know nothing about how this stuff works, so feel free to ignore me.

You're doing it wrong. You're on a forum - everything you say is 100% correct and everybody has to agree!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.