Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 921 to 940 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Gretski

921. Posted:

I'm back with more recommendations! I've recently been hooked on platformers on iOS, and my favorites are League of Evil and Robot Wants Kitty.

Currently playing: Paper Mario Sticker Star and Adventure Time HIKWYSOG
My username is a nickname derived from my actual name, Greta

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

AuthorMessage

Bankai

922. Posted:

Anyone pick up the 60beat controller?

It's kinda neat - supports some decent indie games and The Bard's Tale.

A bit of a pity that there isn't more support though.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

JohnDoe123

923. Posted:

I'm hoping someone who knows iOS devices better than me can help.
If I bought an iPod game on my itunes account using a pc, could I play that game on another person's iPod? One that doesn't have my account on it by transfering the game through the pc?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

AuthorMessage

Bankai

924. Posted:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

If I bought an iPod game on my itunes account using a pc, could I play that game on another person's iPod? One that doesn't have my account on it by transfering the game through the pc?

No, you can't. Any iDevice needs to be linked to an account to use the apps lbought on that account

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

JohnDoe123

925. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

EmpireIndustries wrote:

No, you can't. Any iDevice needs to be linked to an account to use the apps lbought on that account

Ok, thanks.

JohnDoe123

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0286-9394

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

926. Posted:

Never. Ever. Forget. Your. Passcode. Lock. 0-0

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

927. Posted:

CapnPancakez wrote:

How many hoops did you have to jump through to fix that?

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Terra

928. Posted:

Don't know if anyone else has noticed but Worms, Worms 2 and Worms Crazy Golf are currently on sale at 69p/$0.99, as well as a load of EA games such as FIFA, Simpsons Arcade, NBA Jam, Dead Space, Sims 3, Mirror's Edge & Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for the same price. Just a heads up there

EDIT: Also, Lostwinds2 for £1.49/$1.99

Edited on by Terra

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

pixelman

929. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

[/div]

How many hoops did you have to jump through to fix that?

I think the normal procedure is it to reset your iDevice to its factory settings while it's hooked up to a computer. I wonder if they've introduced a different way to do that since they went tetherless though...

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

930. Posted:

Yeah you just have to restore it but I hadn't bothered to back it up since May. Everything is fine now though it did take until 12 last night to find all my apps again. The worst part is having to reorganize everything :'(

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

931. Posted:

Got the rest of the Llamasoft games, so my collection is complete. Picked up a retro-styled maze game called Forget Me Not and the paid version of Fruit Ninja HD.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

932. Posted:

Well my journey into the river of android apps continues.

Day 20 something?:

So after finding a handful of titles I liked, I decided to enhance my galaxy player by downloading the Sixaxis tool. Which is just an amazing app! the ability to map the buttons from a screenshot is awesome.

So now my android actually feels like an actual gaming device, and as soon as I get the hdmi cable... well yeah lol. I love my little droid device.

but onto the games.

Cheese man: 4/5
Still like the game and the ps3 controller makes it even better.

Naught: 4/5
great game, with a story in the form of a comic. have yet to try the ps3 controller but already mapped the buttons.

World of goo: 4/5
Still like it, and using the ps3 controller will be nice apposed to the constant cramping.

Mass effect infiltrate: 3/5
So far it seems ok, gonna really dig into it once I map it to the ps3 controller.

Alchemy: 3/5
Not really a game, but it is fun mixing things together.

Avenger: 4/5
So far the game I see the most potential in. It seems like it actually tries to be a game made for a console.

Still looking for a game that doesn't feel like a rushed cash in and actually a true gaming experience (like that of 3DS/Wii/PS3) and with the controller option I now have, hopefully it will make it easier. When I read things saying "mobile gaming is the future" it really makes me sad haha. I mean let's have both... I like my full fledged games to thank you ;)

also my worst game of the week:
3D Hunting: Zombies: 1/5
picture this. Getting a brand new game, loading it up. starting a new game, killing a few zombies... and then you run out of bullets. What do you do? use virtual money to buy more right? wrong! you have to pay real money for ammo... yeah great idea.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

933. Posted:

bonesy91 wrote:

Still looking for a game that doesn't feel like a rushed cash in and actually a true gaming experience (like that of 3DS/Wii/PS3)

Like the Infinity Blade series? Oh wait..

There are plenty of those games though. Real Racing 2 is a better racing experience than the Wii or 3DS have. Assuming the Android/Apple versions are the same. Same goes for Nova 3, which is a better FPS than either of those systems have.

So far there are quite a few genres I've found that are more abundant on the Apple market than on the handhelds or Wii. Strategy, RPG, FPS, racing, of course board/card games, and I imagine there are others I'm not thinking of.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

934. Posted:

Plague Inc is fantastic

Probably the most fun you can have killing off the entire global population. At least that I've tried.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

935. Posted:

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing on it is pretty damn good but I've been hooked on Fantasy War. And The End is addictive but frustrating.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Terra

936. Posted:

Any of you guys hear about Ouya? Put simply, it's an Android Based Home Console which would only cost $99 and is gaining a lot of momentum with it's funding campaign on Kickstarter http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ouya/ouya-a-new-kind-of-v...

Terra

AuthorMessage

pixelman

937. Posted:

Haha, we've got a thread going about it in this forum. It already exceeded $1,000,000. O___o

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Terra

938. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Haha, we've got a thread going about it in this forum. It already exceeded $1,000,000. O___o

Ah, didn't see it before. And I know, that is absolutely crazy. Puts Adventure to shame (Almost) D:

Terra

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

939. Posted:

Oh my goodness

The Walking Dead games will be available for iOS, starting with episode 1 this week. Just when I was finally settling my iOS excitement, this happens.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

940. Posted:

@Terra Yeah, bought it on day two! :D

Found a few new iOS apps that are loads of fun: Slingshot Racing, Paper Monsters and Great Little War.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82