Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 941 to 960 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Bankai

941. Posted:

Anyone else here have an Apple TV? It's pretty awesome playing games over AirPlay. Shhhh, don't tell them console fanboys, but it's... just like a game console then :O

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

RR529

942. Posted:

Hello, I'm new to this thread.

My 2nd gen iPod that I've had for 2 1/2 years has stopped working recently (it was starting to be obsolete anyways, as many newer apps won't run on it), and after lots of thinking, I'm thinking about trading my 3DS in for a new one.

I know the 3DS on it's own won't be enough, but it's in great shape (I also still have the box and all the booklets), and of course I'd trade in my games as well (SSFIV, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, DOAD, OoT3D, SM3DL, MK7, Ace Combat: AHL, MGS3D, KI:U, & Tales of the Abyss). Does anyone have a rough idea if that would even get me close? I'd be going to Hastings, so I could easily throw in a dozen or so movies and books as well (and even, SSBB, since my Wii isn't working).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Magi

943. Posted:

I checked at GameStop over the weekend (just one example) and they normally give $50 in trade for a 3DS, At the time, they also had some sort of deal going where they'd tack on an extra $25 so you'd get a whopping $75 total. I would imagine selling it privately would net you more cash, but it may also come with more hassle.

Good luck!

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

sykotek

944. Posted:

Just thought I'd pop in to let everyone know that Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, a neat little game for iOS, is FREE for a week. It's a cool little diversion and if you happen to already be into Skylanders, you can use the code cards you got with your figures to unlock stuff to use in the game, but they're in no way required and it's a fun little game either way. ...only easy way for me to describe it is that it's similar gameplay to Rez. I definitely suggest you guys check it out before it goes back up in price! :D

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

945. Posted:

sykotek wrote:

Just thought I'd pop in to let everyone know that Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, a neat little game for iOS, is FREE for a week. It's a cool little diversion and if you happen to already be into Skylanders, you can use the code cards you got with your figures to unlock stuff to use in the game, but they're in no way required and it's a fun little game either way. ...only easy way for me to describe it is that it's similar gameplay to Rez. I definitely suggest you guys check it out before it goes back up in price! :D

I am honestly shocked Activision is giving something away for free.

AuthorMessage

pixelman

946. Posted:

@RR529 You can get "up to" $88 for it if you trade it in directly to Amazon. Bear in mind that now is a bad time to buy an iPod Touch since they are long-due for an upgrade.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Bankai

947. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

@RR529 You can get "up to" $88 for it if you trade it in directly to Amazon. Bear in mind that now is a bad time to buy an iPod Touch since they are long-due for an upgrade.

Agreed. And if you can stretch the budget, the iPad 2 (greatly reduced in price thanks to the iPad 3) is a better investment.

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

948. Posted:

I've been quite enjoying Angry Birds Space lately. I like the puzzle element of each level - if you look closely, there's often a single block that you need to hit in order to bring everything down and get 3 stars. The extra influence of gravity makes a huge difference as well, and I think it's a lot more enjoyable than vanilla Angry Birds - it reminds me of an old PC game I used to play a demo of that I can't for the life of me remember the name of (a Scorched Earth-type game, but with spaceships and 2D gravity)

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

RR529

949. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

pixelman wrote:

[/div]

Agreed. And if you can stretch the budget, the iPad 2 (greatly reduced in price thanks to the iPad 3) is a better investment.

Ah, I just decided to keep my 3DS. I'll probably pick up an iPod (or iPad, depending) when I get a new job.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, though.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

pixelman

950. Posted:

There are also a ton of rumors that an iPad mini's about to be announced too, which will be in the $250-350 range, and that's about what the higher-capacity iPod Touch's are going for right now.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

951. Posted:

Still too expensive.

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

952. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

There are also a ton of rumors that an iPad mini's about to be announced too, which will be in the $250-350 range, and that's about what the higher-capacity iPod Touch's are going for right now.

I don't understand the "mini" tablet any more than the brick-sized smartphone (Galaxy III). The iPad is a nice alternative to a laptop for people (like me) that don't need a laptop, but like to read email, do the odd bit of web browsing, read a book or play a game. Anything smaller than that would seem to be fine if I was delivering packages, but not actually trying to do any of these other activities - maybe read a book I guess.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Bankai

953. Posted:

yeah I have no intention on getting a mini iPad. It'll be the first iProduct of recent years I haven't found an excuse to buy.

On a different note: Get Horn. Horn is incredible - up there with Infinity Blade 2 as the AAA-quality iPad exclusives.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

954. Posted:

An iPad mini actually interests me. Since Apple doesn't seem to be upgrading the iPod Touch anymore, I might get one. I still have a 2nd gen iPod touch, and I'd love to play stuff like Horn and Infinity Blade to, as well as every other game on the app store since 2nd gen doesn't matter anymore. Also, its 8GB, so there's not much for me to put on it before it runs out of space.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Bankai

955. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

An iPad mini actually interests me. Since Apple doesn't seem to be upgrading the iPod Touch anymore, I might get one. I still have a 2nd gen iPod touch, and I'd love to play stuff like Horn and Infinity Blade to, as well as every other game on the app store since 2nd gen doesn't matter anymore. Also, its 8GB, so there's not much for me to put on it before it runs out of space.

You're probably right. The iPad mini is probably the replacement for the iPod touch.

That and it's clearly being made to ruin Amazon and Google's brief moment of tablet fame.

AuthorMessage

RancidVomit86

956. Posted:

I been play Jurrasic Park Builder on my iPhone lately. Lot like FarmVille but with dinosaurs which makes it cool and not lame.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage

Wheels2050

957. Posted:

Just tried out Minecraft: Pocket Edition today. I'm probably not going to buy the full version as the controls were a bit unwieldy for me (my phone only has a small screen, as far as smartphones go) but I was incredibly impressed at how well they'd managed to translate the experience. I wish I knew about it before all the recent threads about the prospects of mobile gaming - I think anyone who claims that mobile gaming doesn't offer much depth should just be shown Minecraft!

I consider myself to keep up with most things gaming-related, but I'm still very amazed every time I see a game with 3D graphics running on my phone :P

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

AuthorMessage

edhe

958. Posted:

Good news for Phoenix Wright fans - Ace Attorney, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations are coming to iOS in Autumn.

Furthermore, you'll be able to download an app to group all the games together into one executable (although, presumably, not the Phoenix Wright game that is currently available).

[Destructoid]

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

bonesy91

959. Posted:

downloaded: McPixel yesterday on my droid.

Gotta say, one of the most enjoyable games I've played on the little device. :D

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

960. Posted:

So, uh, that little game called "Bastion" is apparently on the iPad now.

Another game for the console purists to pretend doesn't exist when they say the iPad has no good games ;)