Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 941 to 960 of 1,099

Wheels2050

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

p.s. wheels, have you received your copy of DToL yet? I'm thinking we should revive the Kickstarter thread!

No not yet, though I was hoping it might arrive today. I think they're being posted from California and I'm in PA, so hopefully I'll get it tomorrow or Saturday. I was going to post about it in that thread as soon as I got it!

how about you?

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

Gretski

Bastion was just released, and it is FREAKING AMAZING! Get it if you don't have it already!

Currently playing: Breath of the Wild

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2301-9391

CanisWolfred

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to get a Matte screen protector for the iPad? I've been looking around and haven't had much luck.

OlympicCho wrote:

Final Fantasy Dimensions is now on iPad too. Horn, TWEWY, Bastion and now FF Dimensions... Apple's gaming platform has just had a hella two weeks.

Get them all if you like games.

Is the free prologue available on the iPad, too?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

edhe wrote:

Good news for Phoenix Wright fans - Ace Attorney, Justice for All, and Trials and Tribulations are coming to iOS in Autumn.

Furthermore, you'll be able to download an app to group all the games together into one executable (although, presumably, not the Phoenix Wright game that is currently available).

[Destructoid]

Great, and right after I bought Phoenix Wright used, too. Oh well, at least now I can get the other two cheap. How does Apollo Justice compare to the first three? I played a demo of that and got bored very quickly...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheels2050

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody have any suggestions on where to get a Matte screen protector for the iPad? I've been looking around and haven't had much luck.

Just get some matte varnish (Tamiya makes some good stuff) and spray it on your screen. That should do it, and Tamiya's TS-80 is a really good matte - it will stop pretty much all reflections!

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

CanisWolfred

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Just get some matte varnish (Tamiya makes some good stuff) and spray it on your screen. That should do it, and Tamiya's TS-80 is a really good matte - it will stop pretty much all reflections!

That sounds permanent, though, and I don't have steady hands.

EDIT: I didn't see this when I last looked: http://www.amazon.com/Protector-Anti-Glare-Generation-Verizon...

Might try that, assuming the one who's selling it for $6 is trustworthy...

EDIT Again: Now I need recommendations on Styli. I thought they were all the same, but they're not, and some are very expensive...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheels2050

Mickeymac wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Sorry, bad attempt at humour. It sounded funnier in my head...

retired_account

FF Dimensions is pretty neat. It's horribly underpolished but I'm having fun with it. :3

retired_account

Bankai

Yep. Try before you buy

EDIT Again: Now I need recommendations on Styli. I thought they were all the same, but they're not, and some are very expensive...

I have one from Targus. Not a very expensive one, but it gets the job done fine for me.

Bankai

FF Dimensions is pretty neat. It's horribly underpolished but I'm having fun with it. :3

Yeah, it's B-team development material. Square Enix probably gave it to a bunch of interns to put together, but at the same time, the combat and general story is very much like the classic FF games.

Which means it's a whole lot of nostalgic fun.

CanisWolfred

OlympicCho wrote:

Yep. Try before you buy

I have one from Targus. Not a very expensive one, but it gets the job done fine for me.

Nice, that one looks good, and it's on sale on Amazon right now - a little over $8 + free shipping! I'll most likely go with that one, thanks!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Wheels2050 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Sorry, bad attempt at humour. It sounded funnier in my head...

The funny thing is that it doesn't sound like a terrible idea if done right.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Yep. Try before you buy

Nice, that one looks good, and it's on sale on Amazon right now - a little over $8 + free shipping! I'll most likely go with that one, thanks!

No sweat. Welcome to the world of iPad, BTW

What art applications are you going to be using? There's a lot of really good ones out there.

CanisWolfred

OlympicCho wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

OlympicCho wrote:

Yep. Try before you buy

No sweat. Welcome to the world of iPad, BTW

What art applications are you going to be using? There's a lot of really good ones out there.

I've been looking into art apps first and formost. That's why I need the matte screen protector (gives the screen texture) and a stylus (makes drawing easier). Then there's the Crunchyroll app for anime, the comics app, and I might look into something to help me learn Japanese, even if it's just a phrase book or something like that. I'll also be trying a few games, of course.

Anybody know of a good Manga App?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Bankai

Do you care if the Manga app is official, or can translated?

God knows why, but Viz still doesn't have an app (in Australia at least) but for fan translations, Manga Rock is decent.

Crunchyroll is awesome, seriously awesome. For art apps, I suggest Sketch Club - it has a really friendly community, one of the best I've ever come across on the Internet, and it's a fine art app besides.

CanisWolfred

There is a Viz Manga app in the US, actually. I'm not too keen on most of their stuff, but I'll give it a shot. Also checked out Manha Rock, but that doesn't seem very good - the first two apps are broken, and the third app has both a paid version and a free version. I don't like the idea of giving money to pirates, nor do I want a gimped free version, so I think I'll pass on that. I did find one on my own that seems cool, though, called Manga Storm. It sounds really cool from the description, we'll see if it turns out as cool as it looks.

EDIT: So yeah, Manga Storm sucked hard. Not using that again. It crashed on me twice and it had zillions of titles, but was missing all the ones I actually wanted to read. What the hell?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

If you're looking for an art app, I believe there is a Colors! app (although if you already have Colors! 3D, I don't know if it offers significant differences).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sean_Aaron

Mickeymac wrote:

Now I need recommendations on Styli. I thought they were all the same, but they're not, and some are very expensive...

My sister got the Wacom Bamboo for my daughter since she likes drawing and uses the iPad for that as well as her usual pen-and-paper. It costs more, but it's quality. I use the associated Bamboo Paper app in meetings to take notes and I'll likely get another one for myself.

Edited on by Sean_Aaron

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.