Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 901 to 920 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

901. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

Well, now you need to get an iPhone or iPad and Fortune Street.

Only game you'll need for weeks.

Just bought an Ipad so I better like this game.

Bubbab55 wrote:

Should I get Minecraft pocket edition or Sonic the Hedghog ep 2 both priced the same and both awesome

If you even you even remotely like Sonic, go with that.

There's no point in the Pocket Edition. You'll never spend enough time on your phone to accomplish anything significant, and it's extremely slow in getting updates.

After like two weeks you'll have nothing built and you'll forget you even purchased it. Minecraft has to be played on a PC or on a console, where you can sit for a long time. It's not a game meant to be played in short little spurts, and the mobile controls do it no favors.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Terra

902. Posted:

Lostwinds is free on the App Store right now
http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/lostwinds/id477973472?mt=8

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

903. Posted:

That is awesome

Thanks for the heads up!

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Terra

904. Posted:

No worries, almost slipped by me as well but someone tweeted me the news. Didn't realise the 2nd Game's also available on the app store too now, might have to pick that up while I'm at it

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

905. Posted:

Hey does anyone know of a good video to download to the new iPad to show off it's retina display?

I know someone with a galaxy 2 tab and apparently they come with a video showing off the screen. I need something along the same lines. YouTube has some high res 4k videos but I'm looking for something I can download since that's always better than streaming..

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

pixelman

906. Posted:

I'm jelly of all you guys and your fancy new iPads. Still using my first gen one, haha.

I just bought Reckless Racing 2 for a buck (it's on sale!) and it's pretty sweet. It has more depth than the first one, but I'm missing the hillbilly theme and bluegrass music. :(

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

907. Posted:

The Slidetoplay and TouchArcade apps both give overviews of what games come out every Thursday so you never have to miss big releases again :D

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

908. Posted:

I could swear I used to be able to browse game genres on the App store - it's kind of annoying that I cannot do this because there's so many games on the platform and if I'm in the mood for a tower defence game I'd like to just shuffle through the strategy games to find one rather than searching for what others think is the best on review sites.

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

909. Posted:

You can browse by genre.

Just go to categories, games, and then click on games in the top left corner.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Sean_Aaron

910. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

You can browse by genre.

D'OH!

BLOG, mail: sean@seanswiiworld.co.uk
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

AuthorMessage

Bankai

911. Posted:

'click?' Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave to think someone said that in reference to the iPad :P

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

FluttershyGuy

912. Posted:

This may be the only time I post at this thread, as I'm not a mobile gaming fan in the least. However, I decided to try Tiny Wings because it looked cute. I love it! It's like an adorable, amped up, higher flying, faster Excitebike! I'm hooked right now! Guess touch screen-only gaming can be fun with control functions kept to a bare minimum! It's only .99, and worth so much more in fun! :)

Brony since 7/28/11
Fluttershy is best pony!!!
"Once Upon a Time" fan, and Evil Regal.
Lana Parrilla is sexiest woman alive!
FluttershyGuy on Nintendo Network. 3DS Friend Code 5241-1915-3356.

AuthorMessage

Slapshot

913. Posted:

RagTag Games sent an early download code of their new iOS game, Unstoppable Fist. I've been really having a blast with it and I highly recommend it. It's kind of a rhythmic game/fighter mix... kind of. It's simple to play, but terribly difficult to master and trying to leader board top scores is where the real fun is to be had here. Give it a try. :)

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

Twitter: Slapshot82

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

914. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

You can browse by genre.

Wait, whaaaaa? The top left has a button to go back to categories.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

915. Posted:

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

'click?' Steve Jobs is rolling in his grave to think someone said that in reference to the iPad :P

lol he knows what I meant

iPancakez wrote:

Wait, whaaaaa? The top left has a button to go back to categories.

Right next to that should be an icon that says 'Games'.

TAP that. Unless you have something different.. I could take a picture if you'd like.

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

pixelman

916. Posted:

I bought SSFIV Volt since it's only a buck. Owwww. It's nearly unplayable on an iPad unless you have hands the size of a gorilla. :(

Online is really fun though. Might have to pick up the 3DS version.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

917. Posted:

Oh! The screen you're talking about always comes up after you tap games in the categories.

The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.

AuthorMessage

AlexSays

918. Posted:

Yeah that's the one

On another note, Kingdom Rush HD is one of the best games I've ever played. Not just downloadable or tower defense, one of the best in any genre on any platform.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Everything is perfect right down to the smallest detail. And I don't say that about many games.. lol

AlexSays

AuthorMessage

Digiki

919. Posted:

Goat Up!

Digiki's Backloggery

AuthorMessage

pixelman

920. Posted:

AlexSays wrote:

Yeah that's the one

On another note, Kingdom Rush HD is one of the best games I've ever played. Not just downloadable or tower defense, one of the best in any genre on any platform.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with it. Everything is perfect right down to the smallest detail. And I don't say that about many games.. lol

Kind of funny since it was originally a flash game. I have it too and I felt the same way until I got to a particularly impossible level.