Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,099

Sean_Aaron

Got the rest of the Llamasoft games, so my collection is complete. Picked up a retro-styled maze game called Forget Me Not and the paid version of Fruit Ninja HD.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

bonesy91

Well my journey into the river of android apps continues.

Day 20 something?:

So after finding a handful of titles I liked, I decided to enhance my galaxy player by downloading the Sixaxis tool. Which is just an amazing app! the ability to map the buttons from a screenshot is awesome.

So now my android actually feels like an actual gaming device, and as soon as I get the hdmi cable... well yeah lol. I love my little droid device.

but onto the games.

Cheese man: 4/5
Still like the game and the ps3 controller makes it even better.

Naught: 4/5
great game, with a story in the form of a comic. have yet to try the ps3 controller but already mapped the buttons.

World of goo: 4/5
Still like it, and using the ps3 controller will be nice apposed to the constant cramping.

Mass effect infiltrate: 3/5
So far it seems ok, gonna really dig into it once I map it to the ps3 controller.

Alchemy: 3/5
Not really a game, but it is fun mixing things together.

Avenger: 4/5
So far the game I see the most potential in. It seems like it actually tries to be a game made for a console.

Still looking for a game that doesn't feel like a rushed cash in and actually a true gaming experience (like that of 3DS/Wii/PS3) and with the controller option I now have, hopefully it will make it easier. When I read things saying "mobile gaming is the future" it really makes me sad haha. I mean let's have both... I like my full fledged games to thank you

also my worst game of the week:
3D Hunting: Zombies: 1/5
picture this. Getting a brand new game, loading it up. starting a new game, killing a few zombies... and then you run out of bullets. What do you do? use virtual money to buy more right? wrong! you have to pay real money for ammo... yeah great idea.

Wiiu: "the next generation of gaming is here"
All My info! 3DS friend code, PSN ID and WiiU ID on my backlog!
Wiiu ID: bonesy. Add me if you play monster hunter 3 ultimate.

AlexSays

bonesy91 wrote:

Still looking for a game that doesn't feel like a rushed cash in and actually a true gaming experience (like that of 3DS/Wii/PS3)

Like the Infinity Blade series? Oh wait..

There are plenty of those games though. Real Racing 2 is a better racing experience than the Wii or 3DS have. Assuming the Android/Apple versions are the same. Same goes for Nova 3, which is a better FPS than either of those systems have.

So far there are quite a few genres I've found that are more abundant on the Apple market than on the handhelds or Wii. Strategy, RPG, FPS, racing, of course board/card games, and I imagine there are others I'm not thinking of.

AlexSays

AlexSays

Plague Inc is fantastic

Probably the most fun you can have killing off the entire global population. At least that I've tried.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

RancidVomit86

Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing on it is pretty damn good but I've been hooked on Fantasy War. And The End is addictive but frustrating.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

retired_account

Haha, we've got a thread going about it in this forum. It already exceeded $1,000,000. O___o

retired_account

AlexSays

Oh my goodness

The Walking Dead games will be available for iOS, starting with episode 1 this week. Just when I was finally settling my iOS excitement, this happens.

AlexSays

Slapshot

@Terra Yeah, bought it on day two!

Found a few new iOS apps that are loads of fun: Slingshot Racing, Paper Monsters and Great Little War.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

RR529

Hello, I'm new to this thread.

My 2nd gen iPod that I've had for 2 1/2 years has stopped working recently (it was starting to be obsolete anyways, as many newer apps won't run on it), and after lots of thinking, I'm thinking about trading my 3DS in for a new one.

I know the 3DS on it's own won't be enough, but it's in great shape (I also still have the box and all the booklets), and of course I'd trade in my games as well (SSFIV, Samurai Warriors: Chronicles, DOAD, OoT3D, SM3DL, MK7, Ace Combat: AHL, MGS3D, KI:U, & Tales of the Abyss). Does anyone have a rough idea if that would even get me close? I'd be going to Hastings, so I could easily throw in a dozen or so movies and books as well (and even, SSBB, since my Wii isn't working).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magi

I checked at GameStop over the weekend (just one example) and they normally give $50 in trade for a 3DS, At the time, they also had some sort of deal going where they'd tack on an extra $25 so you'd get a whopping $75 total. I would imagine selling it privately would net you more cash, but it may also come with more hassle.

Good luck!

Magi

sykotek

Just thought I'd pop in to let everyone know that Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, a neat little game for iOS, is FREE for a week. It's a cool little diversion and if you happen to already be into Skylanders, you can use the code cards you got with your figures to unlock stuff to use in the game, but they're in no way required and it's a fun little game either way. ...only easy way for me to describe it is that it's similar gameplay to Rez. I definitely suggest you guys check it out before it goes back up in price!

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Bankai

sykotek wrote:

Just thought I'd pop in to let everyone know that Skylanders: Cloud Patrol, a neat little game for iOS, is FREE for a week. It's a cool little diversion and if you happen to already be into Skylanders, you can use the code cards you got with your figures to unlock stuff to use in the game, but they're in no way required and it's a fun little game either way. ...only easy way for me to describe it is that it's similar gameplay to Rez. I definitely suggest you guys check it out before it goes back up in price!

I am honestly shocked Activision is giving something away for free.

retired_account

@RR529 You can get "up to" $88 for it if you trade it in directly to Amazon. Bear in mind that now is a bad time to buy an iPod Touch since they are long-due for an upgrade.

retired_account

Wheels2050

I've been quite enjoying Angry Birds Space lately. I like the puzzle element of each level - if you look closely, there's often a single block that you need to hit in order to bring everything down and get 3 stars. The extra influence of gravity makes a huge difference as well, and I think it's a lot more enjoyable than vanilla Angry Birds - it reminds me of an old PC game I used to play a demo of that I can't for the life of me remember the name of (a Scorched Earth-type game, but with spaceships and 2D gravity)

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

RR529

LollipopChoSaw wrote:

pixelman wrote:

@RR529 You can get "up to" $88 for it if you trade it in directly to Amazon. Bear in mind that now is a bad time to buy an iPod Touch since they are long-due for an upgrade.

[/div]

Agreed. And if you can stretch the budget, the iPad 2 (greatly reduced in price thanks to the iPad 3) is a better investment.

Ah, I just decided to keep my 3DS. I'll probably pick up an iPod (or iPad, depending) when I get a new job.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, though.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

retired_account

There are also a ton of rumors that an iPad mini's about to be announced too, which will be in the $250-350 range, and that's about what the higher-capacity iPod Touch's are going for right now.

retired_account

Sean_Aaron

pixelman wrote:

There are also a ton of rumors that an iPad mini's about to be announced too, which will be in the $250-350 range, and that's about what the higher-capacity iPod Touch's are going for right now.

I don't understand the "mini" tablet any more than the brick-sized smartphone (Galaxy III). The iPad is a nice alternative to a laptop for people (like me) that don't need a laptop, but like to read email, do the odd bit of web browsing, read a book or play a game. Anything smaller than that would seem to be fine if I was delivering packages, but not actually trying to do any of these other activities - maybe read a book I guess.

BLOG, mail: [email protected]
Nintendo ID: sean.aaron

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.