Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 721 to 740 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

RaReRuX

721. Posted:

TokyoRed wrote:

Is anyone playing The Secret of Chateau de Moreau, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Ragnarok Violet on the iPod Touch?

I've been playing the secret of chateau de moreau, and i've downloaded ragnarok violet, but I haven't played it yet.

~

AuthorMessage

outrun2sp

722. Posted:

1 bit ninja and jetpack joyride. Both amazing games and better than any of the original titles that have come through on nintendos dl platform over the last 6 months.

F Zero GX fan forever

AuthorMessage

Terra

723. Posted:

Just noticed that Dead Rising is currently on sale for 69p/$0.99

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

WindWaker24

724. Posted:

Any Bejeweled 2: Blitz players out there?

I haven't played in over a week, my highest score was over 130,000.
Wanna be (fb) friends?!

Comment about my signature, where ever you post!
The Adventure of Link: Zelda XIII

So, I suggest this site is a thread about my sig, where it's best to comment about it somewhere near where I post or in a thread of mine.

Post something somewhere about the Zelda XIII idea and name today!

AuthorMessage

pixelman

725. Posted:

So I bought Shadowgun. It's okay so far. It's beautiful and runs really smoothly on my first-gen iPad, which is incredibly impressive. The gameplay doesn't really hold up though.

First, it's extremely repetitive. The levels are laid out fairly linearly, and in each area there's a bunch of places available for cover and a wave or so of enemies. You repeatedly fight the same generic grunts and ankle biters over and over again... I'm halfway through the game and I've seen 4 types of enemies so far, with one of them even being a slight variation of the first.

This could work except that shooting enemies is utterly unsatisfying. You can never tell when you're hitting them because they don't react when they're hit at all, and when you finally do kill them they just crumple to the floor. I want to see them being knocked around by my bullets and eventually fall hard on their backs. Oh yeah, and they're dumb as hell.

The story's pretty typical and uninteresting, but I was expecting that.

On the plus side, the controls are amazing. The buttons are few in number and hiding behind cover is a breeze. They really have a strong foundation here — if they make the shooting satisfying and add a multiplayer mode, then it's a strong recommendation, but right now I'd wait for a sale.

Edited on by pixelman

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: pixelpowa

AuthorMessage

Terra

726. Posted:

I think I'll be avoiding Shadowgun for now then. I'm still working my way through Dead Space, which certainly looks very impressive for an iOS title and pretty fun, albeit not particularly scary for a horror game. Showed a friend it earlier, took him by surprise.

On another note, anyone here planning to get the (What seems to be) imminent iPhone 5/4S/Who knows? My current phone contract runs out in November (At long last. Never going back to T-Mobile) so I'm thinking about getting it then and selling my 3GS on the cheap.

Terra

AuthorMessage

Bankai

727. Posted:

Fifa 12 is downloading :) Gonna take a while because it's 1.03 GB (lol download limits, hi Nintendo)

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

728. Posted:

Nintendo says hi too.

"Hi Waltz, did you know we don't have a file size limitation for games sold through our shop in regards to original 3DSware content? You must be stuck on DSiware and WiiWare."

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

729. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

Nintendo says hi too.

"Hi Waltz, did you know we don't have a file size limitation for games sold through our shop in regards to original 3DSware content? You must be stuck on DSiware and WiiWare."

Yeah, we're not going to see a 1GB 3DSware download.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

730. Posted:

I think otherwise, but ok.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

731. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

I think otherwise, but ok.

Because Nintendo is really going to allow games that take up over half that SD card they supplied everyone with the 3DS.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

732. Posted:

Up to the user. I wouldn't want a game to take 1GB of my SD card anyhow, so I don't see the big deal.
And really, anyone can buy an SD card with a higher capacity, so that argument doesn't really apply, especially considering SD cards are on the cheap.

Regardless, eShop has no limit. Fact.
You can look it up and see for yourself.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

733. Posted:

KomicZ wrote:

Regardless, eShop has no limit. Fact.
You can look it up and see for yourself.

We're still not going to see games larger than 1GB.

Fact until a developer proves otherwise. But since 1GB games on 3DS may as well be retail releases, with proper market exposure, which do you think they'll do.

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

734. Posted:

Too early to assume. I'm just pointing out eShop doesn't have download limits.

It's obvious bigger games will be sold through retail.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage

Bankai

735. Posted:

Scribblenauts on iPhone/ iPad. With exclusive levels. For $6.

Rather glad I didn't buy the DS game.

AuthorMessage

Terra

736. Posted:

Been glued to my iPhone since downloading Football Manager 2011. I loved that series when I was younger and it's still as great as it was back then, completely addictive. I've found it to be one of those games where you finish playing a match and then you're like "Just one more" and after that, "One more", "Ok, one more can't hurt", "I'm on a roll. why not?" and it keeps happening. xD

Well worth the £6.99 :)

Terra

AuthorMessage

3DS

737. Posted:

So who's getting iOS 5? and What is everyone's Gamecenter name?

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

AuthorMessage

Bankai

738. Posted:

I'm waltzit

Please do add me if you haven't already. :-)

AuthorMessage

Magi

739. Posted:

My wife is trying to talk me into getting her an iPad for Christmas. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Traitorous broad!

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

komicturtle

740. Posted:

I would get an iPad2 for drawing mostly. I rather draw on screen than a drawing tablet.

komicturtle