Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 741 to 760 of 1,099

Bankai

melvin2898 wrote:

pixelman wrote:

If all your previous backups are corrupted, then I'm pretty sure it's irrecoverable. You should definitely contact Apple for support though.

Anyway, I'm seriously addicted to Zombieville USA 2 and Modern Combat 3 right now. I can't recommend them enough. <3

I think Apple makes you pay for calls to them.

So is fixing your problem worth a couple of dollars or not?

lockelocke

Thought I'd let you guys know that Minecraft Pocket Edition is now available in the app store. It's still in alpha and currently only features "Creative Mode" which is like the old Minecraft alpha. @ $6.99 it may be better to wait until Pocket Edition is updated with some more content, but it's still a newsworthy release!

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

retired_account

I'm waiting for a price drop or survival mode... whichever comes first!

Also The Oregon Trail: American Settlers and Battle Nations are out + free, and they're both definitely worth checking out.

retired_account

lockelocke

@pixelman
I guess people have already opened the Minecraft Pocket Edition code, and there is already code in the alpha for axe's/pickaxe's/workbenches/etc, so survival and the true shade of Minecraft are surely on the way!

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

retired_account

Yep, I heard they were planning on adding it. I don't see any point in paying full price for it yet though! It's bound to go on sale sometime soon.

Anywho, I've got over 20 hours logged on Modern Combat 3's multiplayer. I had a 61 kills / 12 deaths match last night... it was awesome, haha. I highly recommend it — it's definitely the best FPS on the app store. I'm NL_pixelman on Gameloft live if anyone's playing it.

Also, check out Battle Nations. It starts slow, but picks up after a couple days.

retired_account

retired_account

Really? I haven't had any issues with my iPad 1.

IGN gave Infinity Blade II a 10, interestingly. They've pretty much given out more tens this year than all the other years combined, haha.

retired_account

Magi

I've just seen an article over at Kotaku that talks about the release of Bards Tale on the iOS platform. Oh how I loved and loved the original Bard's Tale games and while the style of this PS2 port (I think?) doesn't look or play anything like them, I still think it looks intriguing. Over 1.3GB download too iirc.

Games like this are slowly eroding my reluctance to own an iOS device.

Magi

retired_account

Oh wow. I was just looking up that game on YouTube a couple days ago, haha.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

Slapshot

I'm so flipping addicted to Game Dev Story and Tiny Tower!

Also, League of Evil is a great Super Meat Boy clone that works great on the iPhone's touchscreen. It's got a ton of levels too!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

sykotek

@Slapshot: All of Kairosoft's games are fun. If only they came out with a compilation on 3DS/DS, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat just so I wouldn't need to waste the battery on my Android phone or iPod.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

retired_account

Pleasantly surprised with Six Guns. I was sure it'd be junk after playing Brothers In Arms 2 Free+... but it's actually quite fun. Controls are a bit clunky though.

Played IB2 yet Waltz?

retired_account

shingi_70

Bought Minecraft and Toki Tori in the android sale. Both are great.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Link245

I was thinking about buying Shadowgun because it looked like Gears of War on the go. Is it anything like Gears?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

retired_account

Link245 wrote:

I was thinking about buying Shadowgun because it looked like Gears of War on the go. Is it anything like Gears?

It's really not worth more than 99 cents in its current state. It's very repetitive (missions are structured the same and there are only about 5 different enemy types) and shooting enemies isn't satisfying at alllll — they don't react to bullets hitting them, and when they run out of HP they just fall lamely to the ground. It looks pretty and controls smoothly... it's just not very fun.

Apparently they're working on a multiplayer update which'll hopefully make it better, but I wouldn't recommend buying it right now unless it's on sale.

retired_account

Link245

With $30, what games should I buy when I get my new iPod? I'm interested in

• Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions
  • Infinity Blade
  • Jetpack Joyride
  • Assassin's Creed: Altäir's Chronicles
  • Batman: Arkham City Lockdown
    I obviously can't get all of these, so which combination of these games should I get that doesn't go over $30?

Edited on by Link245

Currently Playing:

CanisWolfred

Link245 wrote:

• Chrono Trigger
  • Infinity Blade
  • Jetpack Joyride
    I obviously can't get all of these, so which combination of these games should I get that doesn't go over $30?

Chrono Trigger and Infinity Blade sound like safe bets. Chrono Trigger just came out, but I hear from Touch Arcade's forum that the controls are manageable, though they do take some getting used to. It's also the DS version with the PSOne version's music quality, for $10. Sounds worth it to me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Link245

Mickeymac wrote:

Link245 wrote:

• Chrono Trigger
  • Infinity Blade
  • Jetpack Joyride

Chrono Trigger and Infinity Blade sound like safe bets. Chrono Trigger just came out, but I hear from Touch Arcade's forum that the controls are manageable, though they do take some getting used to. It's also the DS version with the PSOne version's music quality, for $10. Sounds worth it to me.

Alright. That's only $16, so what else do you recommend?

Currently Playing:

retired_account

Link245 wrote:

• Chrono Trigger
  • Infinity Blade
  • Jetpack Joyride

Um, get Infinity Blade II over the first one. It's only a buck more. Batman looks neat but you should hold off on that one until you're done with Infinity Blade since they have fairly similar gameplay. Jetpack Joyride is awesome. I've heard FFTactics is an awful port, so you'll want to do some research on it first — I'd get Chrono Trigger over that.

This isn't on your list, but Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation is probably my favorite iOS game. I've put over 30 hours into its online mode.

That's like, 7 + 7 + 10 + 1 = 25, so throw in tax and you've got enough for another 1.99 or maybe 2.99 game. Save it for when something goes on sale. :3

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.