Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 701 to 720 of 1,099

Turnip

TokyoRed wrote:

Is anyone playing The Secret of Chateau de Moreau, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Ragnarok Violet on the iPod Touch?

I've been playing the secret of chateau de moreau, and i've downloaded ragnarok violet, but I haven't played it yet.

Cringing is really fun.

outrun2sp

1 bit ninja and jetpack joyride. Both amazing games and better than any of the original titles that have come through on nintendos dl platform over the last 6 months.

F Zero GX fan forever

WindWaker24

Any Bejeweled 2: Blitz players out there?

I haven't played in over a week, my highest score was over 130,000.
Wanna be (fb) friends?!

Comment about my signature, where ever you post!
The Adventure of Link: Zelda XIII

So, I suggest this site is a thread about my sig, where it's best to comment about it somewhere near where I post or in a thread of mine.

Post something somewhere about the Zelda XIII idea and n...

retired_account

So I bought Shadowgun. It's okay so far. It's beautiful and runs really smoothly on my first-gen iPad, which is incredibly impressive. The gameplay doesn't really hold up though.

First, it's extremely repetitive. The levels are laid out fairly linearly, and in each area there's a bunch of places available for cover and a wave or so of enemies. You repeatedly fight the same generic grunts and ankle biters over and over again... I'm halfway through the game and I've seen 4 types of enemies so far, with one of them even being a slight variation of the first.

This could work except that shooting enemies is utterly unsatisfying. You can never tell when you're hitting them because they don't react when they're hit at all, and when you finally do kill them they just crumple to the floor. I want to see them being knocked around by my bullets and eventually fall hard on their backs. Oh yeah, and they're dumb as hell.

The story's pretty typical and uninteresting, but I was expecting that.

On the plus side, the controls are amazing. The buttons are few in number and hiding behind cover is a breeze. They really have a strong foundation here — if they make the shooting satisfying and add a multiplayer mode, then it's a strong recommendation, but right now I'd wait for a sale.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

komicturtle

Nintendo says hi too.

"Hi Waltz, did you know we don't have a file size limitation for games sold through our shop in regards to original 3DSware content? You must be stuck on DSiware and WiiWare."

komicturtle

komicturtle

I think otherwise, but ok.

komicturtle

komicturtle

Up to the user. I wouldn't want a game to take 1GB of my SD card anyhow, so I don't see the big deal.
And really, anyone can buy an SD card with a higher capacity, so that argument doesn't really apply, especially considering SD cards are on the cheap.

Regardless, eShop has no limit. Fact.
You can look it up and see for yourself.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Bankai

KomicZ wrote:

Regardless, eShop has no limit. Fact.
You can look it up and see for yourself.

We're still not going to see games larger than 1GB.

Fact until a developer proves otherwise. But since 1GB games on 3DS may as well be retail releases, with proper market exposure, which do you think they'll do.

komicturtle

Too early to assume. I'm just pointing out eShop doesn't have download limits.

It's obvious bigger games will be sold through retail.

komicturtle

3DS

So who's getting iOS 5? and What is everyone's Gamecenter name?

Conduit 2 = 2150-8520-4215 - Nickname = Conor
3DS = 0817-3849-1308. Name = [NL] 3DS
Goldeneye FC = 2768-9180-5064 Nickname = [NL] 3DS
Skype = Conor3000

Magi

My wife is trying to talk me into getting her an iPad for Christmas. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Traitorous broad!

Magi

komicturtle

I would get an iPad2 for drawing mostly. I rather draw on screen than a drawing tablet.

komicturtle

retired_account

Well, it was a bit of a nightmare but my first gen iPad is finally running iOS 5!

I love the background syncing. It's running a bit laggy but I suppose that's probably because I'm syncing around 60 apps at once. Heheh.

retired_account

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.