Other Gaming Forum

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Showing 681 to 700 of 1,132

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

681. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Anomaly looks rather sweet as well. Might be fun to try, as it does something different in a genre plagued by repetition.

Nah, don't. It's still a tower defense game. It's just that here the 'towers' move and the monsters don't. It's actually not even that good as a tower defense game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/anomaly-warzone-earth

User Score: 5.4, yet it has about as high of rating as Ocarina of Time from the reviewers. Paid reviews, perhaps? :o

β€œThe revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Bankai

682. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Anomaly looks rather sweet as well. Might be fun to try, as it does something different in a genre plagued by repetition.

Nah, don't. It's still a tower defense game. It's just that here the 'towers' move and the monsters don't. It's actually not even that good as a tower defense game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ios/anomaly-warzone-earth

User Score: 5.4, yet it has about as high of rating as Ocarina of Time from the reviewers. Paid reviews, perhaps? :o

sighs Paid reviews don't happen. There's some very isolated cases, but certainly not for a small-fry iOS release.

People have different opinions about the game. I scored it 2.5/5, but that had nothing to do with not being paid. I personally know the people that work at some of those publications that did give it 10/10, and they don't take money from publishers.

Edited on by Bankai

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Lan

683. Posted:

I pay NL reviewers to give out 10s on games I like

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

Bankai

684. Posted:

Ravensword is currently on sale too. One of the best adventure games on the iOS shop.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

pixelman

685. Posted:

Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting is on sale for $0.99 right now. It's surprisingly fun – a bit finicky, but fun. Well worth a buck. :3

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:39] BadKitty: you trying to steal stuff from me? u_u
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

686. Posted:

Firemint's (of Flight Control fame) new title Spy Mouse is this week's featured app at Starbucks. I nabbed a couple of codes while I was there and figured I'd spare someone the trip. It's really fun too!

US only:

LME4XJYL9PRP
TYHYN4RJHEHW

If you claim one let everyone know.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

Terra

687. Posted:

pixelman wrote:

Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting is on sale for $0.99 right now. It's surprisingly fun – a bit finicky, but fun. Well worth a buck. :3

Agreed, definitely worth it for the price. Not much meat to it but it's a nice time waster

Terra

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2530-5557 | Twitter: HDStockdale

AuthorMessage

Terra

688. Posted:

Capcom seem to be doing quite a few sales lately. Resident Evil 4: Platinum and Mercenaries VS are both 69p/$0.99 and Final Fight is completely free

Terra

AuthorMessage

JonWahlgren

689. Posted:

There'll probably be a lot of sales this weekend (in the US at least) on account of Labor Day.

Editor At Large
NLFM podcast | Twitter | Thunder Panda!

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter: jonwahlgren

AuthorMessage

Terra

690. Posted:

JonWahlgren wrote:

There'll probably be a lot of sales this weekend (in the US at least) on account of Labor Day.

Ok, British ignorance here. Why would there be a lot of sales because of Labor Day? And what exactly is Labor Day? I've heard of it and I know you're not supposed to wear white after it but other than that, got no clue

Edited on by Terra

Terra

AuthorMessage

theblackdragon

691. Posted:

@Terra: Labor Day is a federal holiday here in the US, and anytime there's one of those going on people plan short vacations and get-togethers (because their workplaces are closed), there's sales in stores (because people may have nothing better to do than shop on their extra day off), etc. and so forth. E-shops and internet shopping tend to mirror retail shopping in terms of major sale timing, so that's what he's talking about.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!
[16:44] Vintage: We have rules?
[16:44] Reala: don't expose the staff to sunlight, don't get them wet and don't feed them after midnight

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter: theblackdragon

AuthorMessage

Terra

692. Posted:

Ah I see, makes sense from a business point of view. Thanks for that

Terra

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

693. Posted:

All I need to know is Labor day is when Anime goes on sale here, so it's basically my favoritest holiday after Christmas.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

pixelman

694. Posted:

There's a ton of EA and Gameloft sales right now.

I made Kid Tripp! PocketGamer gave it a 9 out of 10! You should totally buy it now!
[16:41] kribs: don't worry Emmy, even if poix tried to steal something from you, he wouldn't finish stealing it

3DS Friend Code: 1123-6536-5321 | Nintendo Network ID: pixelpowa | Twitter: thatpixelguy

AuthorMessage

Terra

695. Posted:

I've just noticed this as well. It's a good time to be an iPad/iPhone gamer

Terra

AuthorMessage

pixelman

696. Posted:

Indeed. I just bought Jetpack Joyride. It's the definition of awesome. Get it.

AuthorMessage

Terra

697. Posted:

Will do. Oh, and I found that you can get Zenonia 3 for free so I've downloaded that. If I like it, I'll look into getting the other two Zenonia games while they're cheap

EDIT: Didn't realise Jetpack Poyride was done by the Age of Zombies and Fruit Ninja developers. Alright, definitely sold on this now

Edited on by Terra

Terra

AuthorMessage

pixelman

698. Posted:

Max & the Magic Marker is really good too. :3

AuthorMessage

Terra

699. Posted:

I already got that in a Steam sale. Wasn't my sort of game in all honesty but you can't go too wrong for it's current price.

Having a look around again today. Pac-man Championship Edition, BIT.TRIP Beat, Dead Space, Star Battalion, Flight Control and more games are going for 69p/$0.99 now. It's a good time to be an iPhone/iPad gamer :)

Edited on by Terra

Terra

AuthorMessage

pixelman

700. Posted:

Does anyone else have Archetype, preferably the iPhone version? I'd like to see if multiplayer is cross-platform. :3