Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 681 to 700 of 1,099

JonWahlgren

There'll probably be a lot of sales this weekend (in the US at least) on account of Labor Day.

JonWahlgren

Nintendo Network ID: johnnypanda | Twitter:

theblackdragon

@Terra: Labor Day is a federal holiday here in the US, and anytime there's one of those going on people plan short vacations and get-togethers (because their workplaces are closed), there's sales in stores (because people may have nothing better to do than shop on their extra day off), etc. and so forth. E-shops and internet shopping tend to mirror retail shopping in terms of major sale timing, so that's what he's talking about.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

There's a ton of EA and Gameloft sales right now.

retired_account

retired_account

Indeed. I just bought Jetpack Joyride. It's the definition of awesome. Get it.

retired_account

retired_account

Max & the Magic Marker is really good too. :3

retired_account

retired_account

Does anyone else have Archetype, preferably the iPhone version? I'd like to see if multiplayer is cross-platform. :3

retired_account

retired_account

Kinda late notice, but after a bunch of hours playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 I can safely recommend the iPad version to someone wanting an enjoyable shooter. The controls are in some ways a tad clunkier than Gameloft's, but in others more responsive. The firefights are frickin' awesome, but the vehicle levels are horribly clunky. Online deathmatches are a lot of fun once you get a hang of the controls.

Definitely a good deal for 2 bucks.

retired_account

Bankai

pixelman wrote:

Kinda late notice, but after a bunch of hours playing Battlefield: Bad Company 2 I can safely recommend the iPad version to someone wanting an enjoyable shooter. The controls are in some ways a tad clunkier than Gameloft's, but in others more responsive. The firefights are frickin' awesome, but the vehicle levels are horribly clunky. Online deathmatches are a lot of fun once you get a hang of the controls.

Definitely a good deal for 2 bucks.

Wow. I did not like this game at all. Very differing opinion there.

The one and only genre I haven't enjoyed yet in some way on the iPad is the FPS. That's the only time I've wished for buttons.

retired_account

Yeah, I saw your DD review, haha.

What control setup did you use? I think I'm using Option 3 with the controls in the middle of the screen and aiming sensitivity set at 75%. It's pretty much the same as Gameloft's setup, except the crouch and iron sight buttons are swapped.

I prefer iOS shooters over any other platform. The drag-to-aim controls are incredibly intuitive.

retired_account

Turnip

The secret of chateau de moreau is on sale for 99 cents or $1.99 (I forgot). It's a really good game. :3

Cringing is really fun.

Bankai

pixelman wrote:

Yeah, I saw your DD review, haha.

What control setup did you use? I think I'm using Option 3 with the controls in the middle of the screen and aiming sensitivity set at 75%. It's pretty much the same as Gameloft's setup, except the crouch and iron sight buttons are swapped.

I prefer iOS shooters over any other platform. The drag-to-aim controls are incredibly intuitive.

I use the same set up, though the default sensitivity, whatever it is.

Apple just needs to hurry up and release a bluetooth gamepad.

retired_account

Ah okay. Well to be honest, I've easily spent over a hundred hours playing Gameloft's shooters, so I've had a lot of practice with the controls.

And lol, I don't know if I'd buy a bluetooth gamepad.

retired_account

Turnip

Terra wrote:

IkaChan wrote:

The secret of chateau de moreau is on sale for 99 cents or $1.99 (I forgot). It's a really good game. :3

Apparently, only the first 4,330 copies sold during the sale period were going at 99 cents/£0.69 while the next 43,300 are going at £1.49/$1.99 and the latter seems to be the current price. I don't know if those numbers have anything to do with the game but I'm sure I'll find out in good time

It is definitely one of my favorite games. It's kind of like ace attorney without the attorney part...

You are accused of murdering your father, and you have a few days to collect enough evidence to prove you'r innocence. At the beginning of each day, you collect clues and stuff, then At the end of each day, everyone gathers around the dinner table. Once everyone has arrived at the dinner table, you present evidence and whatnot.
If you present the wrong evidence then one of you'r 5 candles get blown out. When all of you'r candles are blown out, it's game over. :3

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

Turnip

I just got past the dice puzzle! :3
hooray!

I also like touch detective. I lost my DS copy so i'm glad they have it on the app store.

Cringing is really fun.

Turnip

Terra wrote:

Very nice. Meanwhile, I just got through a rather awkward dinner

Had no idea Touch Detective was on the store, gonna have a look into that. Then again, I can find the first game quite cheap on the DS (2nd one is much more expensive)

Yeah, TD is free. Kind of...

The first case is free, and part 1 of 2 of case 2 is also free. You must pay $8.99 to unlock the other cases.

Another app that's kind of cool is Mad Pad (By Smule) It's rather hard to explain exactly what it does, so I'll let you figure it out.

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

retired_account

Wish EA would update Battlefield and add a few more multiplayer maps and fix the multiplayer glitches. Still having a blast with it though. :3

retired_account

retired_account

Asphalt 6 is free right now. Just a heads up.
it's an okay game... ridge racer 3D is better

retired_account

RoyalBlur

Is anyone playing The Secret of Chateau de Moreau, Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and Ragnarok Violet on the iPod Touch?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

Kingbuilder

Another Plants vs. Zombies update!

This time they've added 9 new mini-games!

I <3 you Popcap. :3

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.