Forums

Topic: iPhone/ iPad gaming thread

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,099

retired_account

...but.... okay! lol

I played a little of MC2's campaign, and the first level is so awesome... <3

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Shadow Guardian looks okay, but its supposedly only about 4 hours long with little to no replay value. I doubt Im gonna get it, but it does look like fun. And yeah, the developer of Dungeon Defenders is already working on updating the UI, so hopefully it works well. I think its awesome that it has cross-platform multiplayer between Android, iOS, and PC. You can also transfer characters. I cant wait to see how it works out.

There are a lot of games I want to get atm, and Gameloft is rather low on my list. Ill get NOVA 2 eventually if its good. Im sure there will be a sale on it eventually.

ASDFGHJKL

ReddLionz

I LOVE Modern Combat 2. NOVA 2 is definitely in my future.
I mainly use Gamloft for FPS's (they DO make the best on iPhone/iPod)
I also recently got NinJump Deluxe. Great if you liked the free original one.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

Digiki

Openfient Fire Sale: Age of Zombies $0.99
Haven't played it yet, but read some very positive reviews. Universal app.

Also Gamevil has a bunch of apps for $0.99, but they're all iTouch ones. Including both Zenonias, not sure if I'll buy any but I'm throwing it out there

CanisWolfred

Digiki wrote:

Openfient Fire Sale: Age of Zombies $0.99
Haven't played it yet, but read some very positive reviews. Universal app.

Also Gamevil has a bunch of apps for $0.99, but they're all iTouch ones. Including both Zenonias, not sure if I'll buy any but I'm throwing it out there

Thanks for the heads up. I'll get them if they're still on sale on Xmas.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Yeah, I hope all these sales last through Christmas. I'm strapped for cash right now.

And WTF ReddLionz, what's your Gameloft live tag? We need to play online sometime!

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

If these sales dont last through Christmas, these devs have no soul.
The 2 Zenonias for 3 dollar is a great deal. True bargain.
And yes, we need to gang up and destroy play you RedLionz!

ASDFGHJKL

CanisWolfred

Age of Zombies Lite was awesome. Much better than Revoolt was. I might have to get the full version someday soon. Fruit Ninja Lite was also Fun. So was Super Mega Worm Lite.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Infinity Blade update is out. I'm downloading it right now. Gameloft also has a Gangstar game for free right now. Looks like sh!t, but I'm checking it out anyway, lol.

Also, NOVA 2 HD is out and it's only 6.99. EFF YEAH!

@Mac: Oh snap, Chaos Rings?! I need to get that one too, holy crap.

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

JustAnotherUser

Age of zombies lite was awesome, glad it is on sale,
By the way if you complete the lite version you receive a code to unlock sometime special

JustAnotherUser

CanisWolfred

JarvanZheitk wrote:

Age of zombies lite was awesome, glad it is on sale,
By the way if you complete the lite version you receive a code to unlock sometime special

Yup, I liked what I got. I just beat the full version, too. Very fun game, that was.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

retired_account

Okay, Infinity Blade update impressions:

a) The Marrow Fiend is just the Paladin re-skinned. It's cool though because he actually has a face, and is zombie-like.
b) The new weapons are pretty cool. I haven't bought them all yet, but they range from weak to strong, but none of them are as good as the Infinity Blade.
c) Speaking of the Infinity Blade, it's 10x more awesome now. Whenever you hit a guy or finish him with a stab, it does that blue wooshy special effect that the god king does when he stabs you. It's super awesome, and I think it's my favorite part of the update so far.
d) The new helmets are freaking sweet. They look like The Lord of the Rings married Ancient Greece and had kids.
e) The new suit you get is just the set the god king wears. It's cool running around in it, but it sucks that it's not new.
f) I don't like that you can buy money with money now. They put the purchases below each section in the shop, so it's rather annoying to avoid it.
g) Oh yes, and they added a new type of Paladin called "Venom", and he has newly colored and slightly different armor.

Overall I'm happy with the update. The app icon looks slicker, and I have a reason to continue racking up my kill score now. :3

Edited on by retired_account

retired_account

ASDFGHJKL

Yeah, the update sounds rather nice ignoring a certain feature that rather bothers me. (I love the holiday helm btw )
I personally like to be able to listen to my own music. Dont get me wrong, IB has an awesome sound design, but I have a playlist perfect for this game. This update should keep most occupied until the "real" update comes

Yeah, I would get Chaos Rings while its on sale. While its not an epic adventure on huge lands, its a unique fun JRPG. Its on the easy side, and the writing is a bit melodramatic. But, the game has some nice gameplay elements, looks and sounds great, and can be pretty fun. It also has 4 different versions of the storyline (two unlockable, 2 available from start).

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yeah I've always been wanting to play Chaos Rings, but 15.99 is way too much. This looks just about perfect (besides free of course ).

retired_account

ReddLionz

Gameloft Live ID is...ReddLionz. See you on the battlefield...

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

ASDFGHJKL

Oh and Secret of Mana is out for 9 bucks. Yep, Squeenie isnt going for cheap. But yeah, out of all the games on discount, Chaos Rings is the way to go.

Just added ReddLionz on GameLoft Live.

Tons of games going cheap this week, hopefully they will last till Christmas. I know a handfull of indie games including Osmos just went for $.99 for charity. Telltale games also has a dicount including Sam & Max, Wallace and Grommit, and Puzzle Agent.

Just saw that an exclusive Dead Space game is coming to iOS. Apparently its a full 3rd person shooter not on rails like the console version. Looks great as well. Hopefully it turns out good.

ASDFGHJKL

retired_account

Yeah I saw that earlier today too. I hope it's shooty and pow pow powtastic. And that it comes out on the iPad. <3

retired_account

SwerdMurd

Sweet. Passing on Secret of Mana despite being interested in this iphone release for months...

Seriosuly? More money than an SNES VC game? So I can play it with super-busted iphone controls?

Square Enix. Your App store presence is a JOKE.

Edited on by SwerdMurd

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.